Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (H) | Saturday 10th February @ 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Werner in good form, providing an assist every game ( not all credited as assists but has definitely been in the passing build up to the goal).
Also making great runs, defending, and good on the ball.

Richarlison is in a purple patch, goal a game.

And then the return of the el capitano Son…

I want to see Werner on the LW and Son striker, I think that will turn into (part of) the starting XI soon, but not this week.

Update:

ZzoEOu3.jpeg

Forster, Emerson, Davies, Romero, Bissouma, Lo Celso, Kulusevski, Johnson, Scarlett
Son will start. Everything we know of him tells us he will want to play in that game.
Tomorrow - Travel
Thur / Fri - Light training
Sat - Match

I bet he starts.

That is some top notch thinking here...

"Oh, we have everyone back? Well, ain't this a good time to get season ending injury for our captain!"

06.02 - played full 99 minutes
4 days rest
02.02 - played full 137 minutes (9+6+2)
3 days rest
30.01 - played full 139 minutes (extra time 12+1+6 min !!)
5 days rest
25.01 - played full 105 minutes (yes, 15 minutes extra time)
5 days rest
20.01 - played full 103 minutes
5 days rest
15.01 - played full 99 minutes

He did not miss one second of his team playing time.
That ended up 682 (!!!) fucking minutes. That is roughly 11,5 hours of football in span of 23 days.
All that while being their captain - lot of mental pressure.

While Sarr, who is 10 years younger, played much less minutes and had no time difference did not start the first game back?

So - alright. Who has the balls to ACTUALLY make a bet about Son starting.
I am willing to put 25 EUR down that he does not. I'll wait if anyone can stand behind their words or just make big words.

I have no problems with starting with Werner on the wing and Richie on the top. If score requires, we can bring on Sonny for last 20 minutes. If we are in secure lead, I'd be totally fine with him staying there.

We need him back for the next 14 games.

Last edited:

So - alright. Who has the balls to ACTUALLY make a bet about Son starting.
I am willing to put 25 EUR down that he does not. I'll wait if anyone can stand behind their words or just make big words.

I have no problems with starting with Werner on the wing and Richie on the top. If score requires, we can bring on Sonny for last 20 minutes. If we are in secure lead, I'd be totally fine with him staying there.

We need him back for the next 14 games.
Mickey Mouse money. We didn't fight two world wars and suffer 7 years of Brexit to be lumbered with betting in bloody Euros.

I'l bet you £500,000, monsieur. GBP Great British Pounds.

I hope he’s not in economy with some dipper kid kicking his seat, while mum and dad are having a full on domestic about duty free cigarettes
Always seems to happen to me
I remember coming back from Tokyo and we were flying over a desert on course for Blighty. This absolute moaner of a kid started on the "are we nearly there yet" crap. His dad finally took off his cans and said "look outside the window and then tell me if that's a sensible fucking question!"

So am I right in thinking everyone is pretty much back for this now?

It feels like we haven't seen Romero, VDV, Udogie, Sarr, Bissouma, Bentancur, Maddison & Sonny play in the same team for ages, if at all in fact!

Werner in good form, providing an assist every game ( not all credited as assists but has definitely been in the passing build up to the goal).
Also making great runs, defending, and good on the ball.

Richarlison is in a purple patch, goal a game.

And then the return of the el capitano Son…

I want to see Werner on the LW and Son striker, I think that will turn into (part of) the starting XI soon, but not this week.
Agree, defintely should drop Richy for Son

I remember coming back from Tokyo and we were flying over a desert on course for Blighty. This absolute moaner of a kid started on the "are we nearly there yet" crap. His dad finally took off his cans and said "look outside the window and then tell me if that's a sensible fucking question!"
Stupid fucking kid 🤣

Back
Top Bottom