Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Liverpool away to Utd and could lose, we must get all 3 points on Sunday and get above them. Anything less would not be acceptable. Their were errors the other night because of a little naïvety. In the PL there is no excuse. Don't care if they park a airbus A380, win at all cost. Sweat blood, breath fire and kick ares-up the Spurs

Everything about Wednesday night was spine tingling, the best atmosphere I've experience at Wembley before and during a game,its such a shame we couldn't get over the line . However nights like that will be even more special back at our home, and if we want to experience that next season then we have to win games like this.

I have no doubt Poch and the boys will be fully focused on the task at hand.

With Liverpool away to Utd and could lose, we must get all 3 points on Sunday and get above them. Anything less would not be acceptable. Their were errors the other night because of a little naïvety. In the PL there is no excuse. Don't care if they park a airbus A380, win at all cost. Sweat blood, breath fire and kick ares-up the Spurs

The good thing is now we have players who are capable of breaking down stubborn defences. Son and Moura offer pace to run at their defences, whilst Eriksen and Lamela can pick defences apart.

Bournemouth aren’t the sort of team to sit deep in front of their own fans, they’ll want to add another scalp. We’ve seen what happens when teams open themselves up against us, space is left an we are like wolves getting forward.

..and have the experience of such a game. Win at all cost, Ive already had my grandmother valued.
....and also, with all this talk of teams who gain from 'valuable experience' ...we are now in the 'lucky position' of being VASTLY experienced in performing 'the game after a heartbreaking defeat'!

I only started reading this forum a couple of days ago. Was only on the Spurs v Juve thread. You guys had me laughing my arse off. Good content. But then half of you made me feel the match was ours and the other half were saying not to get too excited, that we needed to be cautious. I was shitting myself over the match. So no wonder I was pissed off after the game.

Anyway, smashing Bournemouth might make us feel a lot better. Felt the worst for Sonny who gave his all. It would only be fair for Sonny to get a hat trick and if Kane got on the scoresheet.

Looking at the team I think Poch might pick, rotate both FB's, Dier possibly not fit and play Wanyama and Lamela in for Son. I do not think Poch considers Moura ready to start in Premiership but maybe FA Cup. However he should get a good run out as a sub depending on the score.

The players will want to put things right. If they don't then there's something fundamentally wrong. I'm sure the players Will be hurting and down a little. Best way to get back up is to beat Bournemouth, get back on track . Liverpool will probably lose tomorrow, need to win. Come on you spurs

Last edited:
Mike Dean the Ref and probably continuing with his mission of avoiding any talk of favouring us and therefore no chance of a penalty in our favour.

------------Kane-------------
Moura---Eriksen----Lamela
------Dembele--Wanyama---
Rose--Vert--Toby?--Aurier
------------Lloris------------------

Time to ROTATE the squad and infuse a bit of energy.

No way we're benching Son after the levels he's shown recently. If Poch can funnel that confidence and energy for the next 2 months, he could pick up a lot of points for us.

This last run of games is so crucial, if we want to build on this year's experience in Europe. Miss the CL for next season, and already you're starting from scratch again, with little momentum. I'm pretty confident that we'll be competing in the group stages again next year, but if we drop out of the top four, it could be a repeat of November 2016 - where we tumbled out as quick as we squeezed in.

Games like Wednesday's would have been a different outcome if our boys could draw on some nostalgia of repeated runs at that level.

------------Kane-------------
Moura---Eriksen----Lamela
------Dembele--Wanyama---
Rose--Vert--Toby?--Aurier
------------Lloris------------------
Time to ROTATE the squad and infuse a bit of energy.
Damn right rotate it... I read that as Kane in goal, and Lloris up front on his own in a 3-2-4-1 formation!!

Don't you know the rules...? It's always the 'keeper at the top!!
[formation=4231, Lloris, Aurier, Toby?, Vertonghen, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Moura, Kane][/formation]

We have the FA Cup next week. Will be interesting to see if we rotate for Sunday and go full strength next season.

Back
Top Bottom