Tottenham Hotspur v. AS Roma (I-Tech Cup) July 30, KO 19:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope we fuck Mourinho in his anus then spit on his crumpled body

Worst manager we’ve ever had
Debatable. Him, Shitwood, Santini and Nuno were equally horrendous and all ill suited

Mourinho was so out of touch with conditioning, tactics and leadership though. An absolute dinosaur, made Redknapp look progressive. Startling really

If Sissoko had just jumped for a ball we would have gone to extra time. Mourinho is unlikely to have done better, the dressing room despised him and his staff and he had fallen out with almost every player.
Spot on. Six months prior I agree that Jose would have given us more of a chance, but to say it was wrong to sack him before the final ignores the situation at that point in time. It was completely fractured and we would have more likely
to have got walloped than under Mason and Winks

Spot on. Six months prior I agree that Jose would have given us more of a chance, but to say it was wrong to sack him before the final ignores the situation at that point in time. It was completely fractured and we would have more likely
to have got walloped than under Mason and Winks

It’s like some people just forgot what happened against Zagreb a few weeks earlier. The players had given up, they didn’t enjoy their work and hated every second of being managed by Mourinho.

After that disgusting match the writing was on the wall, he should have been sacked a month before he actually was. Zagreb away under Mourinho and Woolwich away under Nuno were the two worst matches I have ever seen. Both times they had the same stench of players who just wanted the manager to fuck off.

Sacking Mourinho gave the team a big lift as the subsequent results showed, I don’t blame Levy for going for the new manager bounce he just should have done it much earlier.

It’s like some people just forgot what happened against Zagreb a few weeks earlier. The players had given up, they didn’t enjoy their work and hated every second of being managed by Mourinho.

After that disgusting match the writing was on the wall, he should have been sacked a month before he actually was. Zagreb away under Mourinho and Woolwich away under Nuno were the two worst matches I have ever seen. Both times they had the same stench of players who just wanted the manager to fuck off.

Sacking Mourinho gave the team a big lift as the subsequent results showed, I don’t blame Levy for going for the new manager bounce he just should have done it much earlier.
I was ready to get rid of the lot of them after Zagreb. Manager, coaches and players.

We lost 1-0. Under Mason. When Laporte should have been sent off. I don't dispute our chances would have been higher under Jose but let's not get carried away: City we're favourites in that game regardless.

Especially as we'd lost 3-0 to them in a un-competetive manner just weeks before.

Last edited:
FYYGSjQXwAIhpGf

KTUH6K7.gif

I expect Conte will start the 11 that he wants to play the following week. He then has to balance between getting say 80/90 mins into the starters with giving others a match. Doubt there will be 11 subs again. Not sure which of the new players will start.

I've just twigged - no home pre-season game at all?
I don't recall that ever happening in my 30 years as a fan? And you'd think with the money printing machine that is The TH Stadium, we would have ramped up the friendlies, no?
Could have had a Nike Cup there and had 3 or 4 matches
I got a date with lady gaga this weekend 😍 ☺️ 💕 😌 🤪

I expect Conte will start the 11 that he wants to play the following week. He then has to balance between getting say 80/90 mins into the starters with giving others a match. Doubt there will be 11 subs again. Not sure which of the new players will start.
Bissouma, Lenglet and Perisic are my guesses. The rest is the same as last season.

Is 9:15pm (local time) a funny old kick off time for a Saturday game, or is it me being daft somehow? What do you reckon RocketRonny RocketRonny ?
It's later than usual.
But this being in the summer and a commercial match, the organizers had to schedule it at least an hour after the end of Shabbat so that religious spectators might attend as well.

usually KO on Saturday here is somewhere between 4-8PM

It's later than usual.
But this being in the summer and a commercial match, the organizers had to schedule it at least an hour after the end of Shabbat so that religious spectators might attend as well.

usually KO on Saturday here is somewhere between 4-8PM
Thanks. I wondered if that had something to do with it.

What's the weather/temperature likely to be?

Thanks. I wondered if that had something to do with it.

What's the weather/temperature likely to be?
August in Israel...it's going to be hot. 25C degrees during the match. Though it could be worst as the heatwave breaks here on Thursday. However, it's very humid in Haifa so it will feel like 30C

This match could save us millions, if we go about it strategically. Commit everything to shutting down Zaniolo. Take him completely out of the game. Then, let Dybala run around with acres of space. Voila! Zaniolo is shit and Dybala is all Roma needs for their attack to be successful. Paratici offers 8M + an Iberian Ham on Sunday morning for Zaniolo. Seems fail-proof to me.

Back
Top Bottom