Tottenham Hotspur FC v Sport Lisboa e Benfica

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...why is everyone being so negative???;)
...that kid Eriksen is class, and he's ours...
COYS
P.S. I'm glad their dickhead coach let TS and all of us know that they scored 3...

Did the club allow x amount of benfica fans into the west and east stand? Can't believe they let them in. I'd be livid if I was sat with them.

Yes. Block J was pretty much all Benfica. and i was sat with them. i wanted to offer everyone of the cunts out, but i kinda admired them in a way... Loud, passionate fans. Supporting a team playing well. Hard to be anything but jealous.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Like starting an average-at-best backup fullback out of position.

And it's no stick on Naughton. A perfectly capable back up RB for the
Spot start here n there.

And this thread right here

Paulinho to Jenas comparisons
Mick making more friends
A few on the brink of a nervous breakdown

Joy Division "Love Tottenham will tear us apart"

There are a lot of opinions at the minute - pro Tim, anti-Tim, selection, formations etc etc.

The biggest crime..and one we probably all agree on ....?

And I never thought I'd say this about Tottenham...

...We're really fucking boring to watch.

#AVBOut

Benfica are a CL side. It's a sham that CL sides drop into the EL because they failed in their tournament.
We need to consolidate what we have and look to next season.

Don't worry, Bela Guttman's curse is still intact.
Benfica won't win any European trophy this year.

Unfortunately, neither will Spurs.

Yes. Block J was pretty much all Benfica. and i was sat with them. i wanted to offer everyone of the cunts out, but i kinda admired them in a way... Loud, passionate fans. Supporting a team playing well. Hard to be anything but jealous.
There was a couple in the north stand near us, to be fair they were OK, not giving it the large or anythng, funnily enough they hardky made a sound when they scored, but spurs fans started telling them to fuck off and a couple were frog marched out, more for their own safety.

The biggest car crash is our club, the players are not playing for Tim, not playing for the club, Aaron Lennon was a disgrace last night, offered nothing, stood on his heels, not interested, not tracking back, no more games for me this season until the management and playing staff is altered, I would not cross the road to watch them at the moment.

On the plus side Eriksen, Dim likes to play him on the left, which shows what Dim knows about team balance, Eriksen in the centre makes things happen......dim puts him wide and has wide players on the bench.....

It's hard to be critical with TS. It's was the circus upstairs that employed the clown?
Team selection was a bit odd (its all been said).
Errors again, either through lack of ability or just poor defending.
All three goals could have been avoided.
Starting with the Woolwich, lets getting winning and have a good end of season.

Call me naive, moronic, desperate, whatever you want but I don't believe we're out. In fact I think we'll beat le Ars' and then force the return leg into penalties. I think in a weeks time I'll be calling you all pessimistic negative... Well normal Spurs fans:holtbytongue:. I also think Jan deserves some credit for saving us on several occasions tonight, I know you're all scared he'll leave but still he was really good.

Sherwood: "[There was] no problem with the desire and effort tonight," he said. "That's what I questioned and asked for. We've got to see it over a consistent basis so I've got no complaints about that.

Does he think no one actually watches and will just accept what he says?

Back
Top Bottom