Tottenham Hotspur FC v Sport Lisboa e Benfica

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pairsy1882

Super Jan's Nan
Seeing as none of you two bob, half-arsed, good for nothing layabouts have made a match thread for this I thought may as well pop my OMT cherry.

On Thursday 13th March at 20.05 GMT, we can make or break this season, our last chance to salvage something. It's time to avenge the greats of '62.

This one is for Jimmy, for Danny and for Dave!

Come on you Spurs.

Well after the Tim outing of players it will make for very interesting viewing.
The team makeup will also be very interesting. Something like -
Lloris
Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Fryers
Sandro
Townsend, Bentaleb, Chadli
Eriksen
Soldado

Lloris
Naughton-Kaboul-Veljkovic-Fryers
Townsend-Bentalab-Paulinho-Chadli
Kane-Soldado

With a view to Sunday being:
Lloris
Walker-Kaboul/Dawson(suspension/injury permitting)-Vertonghen-Rose
Lennon-Sandro-Dembele-Townsend
Eriksen
Adebayor

Lloris
Naughton-Kaboul-Veljkovic-Fryers
Townsend-Bentalab-Paulinho-Chadli
Kane-Soldado

With a view to Sunday being:
Lloris
Walker-Kaboul/Dawson(suspension/injury permitting)-Vertonghen-Rose
Lennon-Sandro-Dembele-Townsend
Eriksen
Adebayor
So you want the weaker team in the EL, despite the fact that the top four is now pretty much out of the window? I'd probably do the reverse myself.

I say we go all out for the Europa league, just a shame that the North london derby is on a few days after this, thankfully Woolwich play a Champions league game this week too though.

--------------------Lloris---------------------
Walker---Kaboul---Vertonghen---Fryers
--------------Sandro---Dembele-----------
Chadli-----------Paulinho---------Eriksen
-------------------Soldado-------------------

Now that Woolwich have basically won the FA Cup and Chelsea have basically won the league this is all we have to grab anything at all from this season other than absolute failure and misery.
I think the atmosphere helps the team play well so I want the ground absolutely rocking!

So you want the weaker team in the EL, despite the fact that the top four is now pretty much out of the window? I'd probably do the reverse myself.

We get two legs in EL - only one NLD. A win Sunday would be some consolation for an embarrassment of a season.
I would prefer winning a trophy (especially as it looks like thyve won the FA cup) BUT catching them is not completely impossible.
After Sunday our only tough league game is at Anfield whereas they have Chelsea, City and Everton not to mention being a Giroud-injury away from struggling in some other games.
Nothing I've seen in our recent performances siggests we will catch them but would rather win this one than just roll over.

Now that Woolwich have basically won the FA Cup and Chelsea have basically won the league this is all we have to grab anything at all from this season other than absolute failure and misery.
I think the atmosphere helps the team play well so I want the ground absolutely rocking!
And that means Hull Or Sheffield United are in the Europa League :ade:

Back
Top Bottom