Tottenham Hotspur FC v Sport Lisboa e Benfica

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck the filth- we can deal with them sunday. Focus on Thursday because this is all we've got left. I don't want filth destroying our Europa league run too- that would be the most horrible thing to deal with. I hate the vermin as much as anyone, but they can't be our main focus- WE have to be our main focus.

People saying we should rest players for sunday are wrong. We are going to lose against Woolwich. No doubt about that. We arent as good, we dont play as a team, we are mentally weak and Woolwich at the moment are mentally strong, and they are still in with a shot of the title and we are out of fourth place race now being realistic. I'd prefer us to pick the players at the club who hate Woolwich the most and love spurs and whoever they are are who we play, even if they are youth players. I want to see players who give a fuck about it, not like last two times this season.
Against Benfica I want us to play the best technical team we can because it is our only chance to get something out of this season. There is absolutely nothing else left for us this season. It has been truely shit - let's at least maximise our chance of winning the Europa League. It is not impossible, just unlikely.

I still believe our top 4 fate hasn't technically been decided until we play the games leading to the Liverpool match.

However, if we don't prioritize the Europa League now, the club might as well give an official announcement where they literally show us fans the finger.

yeah its not the game against Woolwich on sunday its the Liverpool one the week after when we have played in Portugal i cannot cope with another 5 or 6 -0 this season and with some of the players and pace liverpool have scares the shit out of me away at Anfield

It's amazing how bad every one feels about the club right now yet we are still in the EL and one place away from CL with a winnable run-in after March, I guess the on pitch performance tells a different story. This game will say a lot about our mentality for the rest of this dreaded season.

2 wins this week. (Although very, very difficult) will put our season right back on course. Going into the second leg ahead and 3 points behind Woolwich (Game in hand) going into the final 8 games.

2 wins this week. (Although very, very difficult) will put our season right back on course. Going into the second leg ahead and 3 points behind Woolwich (Game in hand) going into the final 8 games.

It would. The problem is that I just don't see it happening.
If we were playing well, not rolling over to big teams this season then it would be all to play for, but as we've seen all season long, we just don't turn up for 90 minutes against the bigger teams. I wish, I wish, I wish, that we would play with the same determination as Liverpool for instance, who when they go two nil down, do not give up, but ratchet up their effort and claw their way back into the game. I hope for the best but expect the same as I have seen all season.

...I give up on this season and the EL...from now on please play the kids and new signings to find out who is worth keeping around for next year...
COYS

Writing COYS at the end of every post you make doesn't excuse you from the horrendous bullshit you write.

yeah its not the game against Woolwich on sunday its the Liverpool one the week after when we have played in Portugal i cannot cope with another 5 or 6 -0 this season and with some of the players and pace liverpool have scares the shit out of me away at Anfield
We play Southampton before Liv I think?

3 games of high tension and passion. Possibly salvage some pride from this torrid season. I feel we all need to get a grip and just take one game at a time. Lets see what Thursday brings or takes away and deal with the Woolwich after.

Our injury situation is ever changing but I have to say I'd be pretty surprised to see Kaboul start Thursday. Even though he only played 50 minutes I'm not sure they'd play him on four days rest. Think we may finally see the debut of young Veljokvic. Are Dembele, Eriksen, and Rose going to be doubts?

Lloris
Walker Veljokvic Vertonghen Rose
Sandro Dembele
Townsend Eriksen Sigurdsson
Adebayor

Despite all the negative waves, I am pumped for this one. Benfica and Spurs....that's as storied a European match up as you'll find in football. I hope we do them, then turn around on Sunday and give those red fudgepackers a wake up call.

Back
Top Bottom