Tottenham Hotspur FC v Sport Lisboa e Benfica

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And take fucking Sherwood with you!!

I don't blame Tim for what's happened, nor do i think it's his fault

I do think he was a little naive in perhaps thinking that he could do a lot better than AVB. In retrospect, I think anyone in charge would be set up to fail this season, just the way it is

EXPOSED!! Levy and Sherwood have been exposed tonight! Levy for appointing an embarrassment to our club and Sherwood for being that embarrassment, in every sense! Team selection, far to late with the substitutions and his ridiculous (Pardew-esk) behaviour on the touch-line! Get rid of the fool now, bring in a Steve Clarke, anyone for the next 7 weeks and start smooozing LvG for the Summer!

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Levy & Sherwood Exposed!

EXPOSED!! Levy and Sherwood have been exposed tonight! Levy for appointing an embarrassment to our club and Sherwood for being that embarrassment, in every sense! Team selection, far to late with the substitutions and his ridiculous (Pardew-esk) behaviour on the touch-line! Get rid of the fool now, bring in a Steve Clarke, anyone for the next 7 weeks and start smooozing LvG for the Summer!
26362.jpg

In a way that face has been our season.

Did the club allow x amount of benfica fans into the west and east stand? Can't believe they let them in. I'd be livid if I was sat with them.

Sherwood's being found out, luck only lasts so long. We sacked AVB for these kind of performances on top of Chelsea last week.

Not sure he can blame the players for the next 11 games.

I don't blame Tim for what's happened, nor do i think it's his fault

I do think he was a little naive in perhaps thinking that he could do a lot better than AVB. In retrospect, I think anyone in charge would be set up to fail this season, just the way it is
I hear you, but far to broad a brush for me to say anyone would have failed! TS had no managerial experience what so ever when appointed by DL. Yet both, for whatever reason felt more than comfortable in giving and taking on the massive responsibility of leading THFC! Naivety and delusion are the two words that spring to mind when I think of this pair! And that's being polite!

I hear you, but far to broad a brush for me to say anyone would have failed! TS had no managerial experience what so ever when appointed by DL. Yet both, for whatever reason felt more than comfortable in giving and taking on the massive responsibility of leading THFC! Naivety and delusion are the two words that spring to mind when I think of this pair! And that's being polite!

Anyone available at the time AVB left, anyway.

Sherwood is held in high regard and I have no doubts he'll do well, but yes, the circumstances required a man of experience.

He's not done badly at all though and has done his CV no harm indeed.

Sherwood is held in high regard and I have no doubts he'll do well, but yes, the circumstances required a man of experience.

Sherwood WAS held in high regard. Mainly off the back of other peoples work. Exposed like the Emporer's New Clothes now though

Agree, he may do well in league 1 or the Championship even, but as you say yourself, the circumstances required a man of experience. Hoddle? Gullit? Dalglish? anyone who had a modicum of EPL managerial experience. Stick a couple of million (peanuts) in their bank account for 6 months whilst you prep your long term goal! Better still stay with, and have the courage of your (previous, well publishshed) convictions and keep faith in the man you gave over 100 mill to spend building a team to challenge for the EPL title and CL football!

Agree, he may do well in league 1 or the Championship even, but as you say yourself, the circumstances required a man of experience. Hoddle? Gullit? Dalglish? anyone who had a modicum of EPL managerial experience. Stick a couple of million (peanuts) in their bank account for 6 months whilst you prep your long term goal! Better still stay with, and have the courage of your (previous, well publishshed) convictions and keep faith in the man you gave over 100 mill to spend building a team to challenge for the EPL title and CL football!

Hoddle would have tarnished his rep as a spurs legend. did not get along with sherwood at all. very bad managerial record

Gullit - "sexy football" - was a nob when Chelsea robbed us of CL place

Dalgish...

:harrylol:

I just cannot understand starting Naughton at LB, with 2 actual Left-Backs on the bench?

I'm not trying to dig on Kyle, he can't help where he's told to play but he looks so fragile/ lost on the left.

Fair play to see Kane given a start and he made a good go of it I thought, but it feels like Sherwood is trying to prove a point with some of his selections instead of picking the best team available.

Dropping Soldado after he scores against Cardiff? That's akin to AVB dropping Lamela after his superb game in the Europa - genuinely can't get my head around it.

This is still going to feel shit tomorrow isn't it?

Hoddle would have tarnished his rep as a spurs legend. did not get along with sherwood at all. very bad managerial record

Gullit - "sexy football" - was a nob when Chelsea robbed us of CL place

Dalgish...

:harrylol:
But all had more to offer (experience) in the interim than Sherwood! The boy has been exposed!

Back
Top Bottom