Tottenham fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And to think there are people who consider themselves 1882 Ultras who consider flares and smoke as "tacky and dangerous".

Says alot about why its so shit in England these days if thats how a "hardcore" supporter sees the atmosphere.

@ HeroesAndVillains HeroesAndVillains do you ever drink up the Tudor Arms? And do you know that Mellow Matt bloke?

I used to live in Stockholm, theres a pretty big organised Spurs fanbase.....used to do the NLD in OLearys on Götgatsbacken some years back.

You are 1000% right about the atmosphere in Sweden. Always liked the fact that despite the quality of football, and most people having a second team, you still created a real European cup final feeling at your games.

Went to your old ground a few times and to Rasunda a bit as I knew Samuel Ayorinde who played for AIK!

I've probably met MattMellow and some other Spurs in town for a few games, but I haven't really gotten involved so much in it. Think I've been unlucky with the turnout when I've gone, yet to go for one of the bigger games. Might just give it a real go this season.
I'm very sorry to say the forum we've got is a little bit dead though.

About the swedish supporter-culture it's quite hit and miss to be honest. Half the teams have great and very vocal supporters and the other half barely have any at all!

And to think there are people who consider themselves 1882 Ultras who consider flares and smoke as "tacky and dangerous".

Says alot about why its so shit in England these days if thats how a "hardcore" supporter sees the atmosphere.
Flares are fucking illegal in a public place. Go near an English stadium with one and you're potentially looking at a criminal record and banning order!
Besides, flares have never really been a British thing anyway.

Mind you, I haven't really got much time for folk who say things are shit and do fuck all to contribute themselves.

Flares are fucking illegal in a public place. Go near an English stadium with one and you're potentially looking at a criminal record and banning order!

Mind you, I haven't really got much time for folk who say things are shit and do fuck all to contribute themselves.

I know they are illegal, but there is a big difference with not being allowed to take a flare, and saying that flares are tacky and "I dont want to die from cancer given off by the smoke".

If thats an "Ultra" way of looking at it then its no surprise why stadiums are like libraries these days.

Neither were foreign players until the '70s/'80s... yet they've managed to integrate themselves into the 'culture'!!

Back
Top Bottom