Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DAL6VFdUAAAN5GA
Absolutely brilliant night. The first time I went to a game with ALL of my mates, owing to the fact we were split 50/50 between Spurs and scum (+ a chav). Enfield was abuzz for weeks.

My favourite place in the old stadium was standing at the front of the shelf. Nowhere else even comes close.
My first unnacompanied visit to the Lane resulted in a perfect view from the halfway line at the front of the shelf.
Unfortunatley it didn't last long. The "Big Boys" made sure I ended up towards the rear of the lower, but, also made sure I couldn't get into the "Upper" via the steps.
Arms folded, a stare that could curdle milk was all it took for me to realise that these "Big Boys" would be better friends than enemies. So, I did what I was told.
Remember thinking at the time that they were supposed to be on my side but they were giving me more stick than they were the Norwich support. It didn't make sense at the time, I soon learnt that it wasn't personal, it was just a passage that you had to earn. To me, its something that is missing from the modern game.

I did 41 of the 42, missed Orient away because of work. I knew a few of the chaps in the pictures and as i worked in the city at the time and me and Selwyn tried to get them stocked in the WH Smiths in Liverpool Street station to no avail. Just opposite the station is an arcade and a newsagent in there took 50 for which Selwyn gave me two copies free. Needless to say i join the long line of fans who lent their copies out never to be seen again. It was SP who got the reprints done around 10 years back but you couldn't beat an original copy. I am in the picture of the enclosure just behind Bulbous (rip) and GF but it's just the top of my head so no claim to fame there. I know Spurs shaker from years back as i recognised you from your photo (i didn't take the piss). Our support that season was on a different level especially away from home. Had some great times and still have my Keith Robbins travelling army (Jims coach) membership card somewhere. It was big step up from the wally club that's for sure. Anyone remember Herbies coach?
I do - went on his coach to Wolves in 1980 we won 2-1. That was the first match after the petrol bomb game against the scum.

How do you rate Wolves in the 80's and 90's etc?

Anyone on there day could pull a firm.. remember going to grimsby midweek and they where coming at us from every door and alleyway..respect for the subway lot of wolves was always given as they always wanted it at home and didnt hide, another place you had to have eyes in the back of your head walking to the ground .. we annihalated them in the streets around hillsboro before the clive thomas f.a cup semi.. loads of them jumping in the little streams to get away .

Last edited:
Anyone on there day could pull a firm.. remember going to grimsby midweek and they where coming at us from every door and alleyway..respect for the subway lot of wolves was always given as they always wanted it at home and didnt hide, another place you had to have eyes in the back of your head walking to the ground ..

My dad always said wolves was a tough place to go. Remembers them chucking bottles at the roof so the shattered glass would rain down on us.

...you don't hear phrases like that anymore!!

...and some people think that bringing Pyros into games is 'cutting edge' these days!
:pocheyes:
Someone was daft enough to leave a scum sticker in a car in one of the side streets. The motor was set alight after the game.
Slightly off subject; Southampton at home in 1980 - the game after the Swindon replay. Some parachutists were landing on the pitch before the game, right on the centre circle. This one guy jumps out of the plane and is miles off target. He sails over the Shelf and off into the distance! Everyone was pissing themselves laughing.

I do - went on his coach to Wolves in 1980 we won 2-1. That was the first match after the petrol bomb game against the scum.
Always found Wolves very dodgy, especially early 80's. Almost came unstuck there in Sept '81. Was in a transit van with Edmonton Trev and others, when around 50 of them started chasing us. We were stuck at a set of red lights fearing the worst. They were getting closer and closer, whilst we were screaming at the lights to change. Got away just in time.

Someone was daft enough to leave a scum sticker in a car in one of the side streets. The motor was set alight after the game.
Slightly off subject; Southampton at home in 1980 - the game after the Swindon replay. Some parachutists were landing on the pitch before the game, right on the centre circle. This one guy jumps out of the plane and is miles off target. He sails over the Shelf and off into the distance! Everyone was pissing themselves laughing.

Same happened with a Pompey car at millwall.

Funnily enough i remember the swindon home game ..simply because swindons mob got in the ground early in the bottom tier of the shelf and attempted to hold it..a big half cast lad with a massive affro ( mixed race for you younguns) leading them.. only lasted a few minutes but fair play to them.

Back
Top Bottom