Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Same. Did KR once i think. Maybe twice. If it didn't break down at least once it was a miracle and half the time you would be coming back to London with no windows.

Quickly moved on to the trains.

I've described it as like the film The Warriors. A fight for survival at many games.

Loved every minute of it though.
And the trains were a whole different kettle of fish weren't they. What isn't often mentioned is what London cabbies call "The Northerns" Euston, St Pancras and Kings Cross were a battle ground each and every Saturday! Going down to for some fun after a home match to catch a firm on the way back from an away game
Arriving back from an away game only to face the "reception committee" on the concourse.
I knew blokes that did the Northerns each and every Saturday, some never went to a match!

Did anyone go to the fa cup replay between Enfield and Barnsley in 1981 I think, me and all my mates went, and WHL was packed.
Was on the shelf that night.. What I really remember was the Barnsley team coming out about 30mins before kick off and doing this warm. Up thing running up and down the pitch and sprinting as they got To. There own support in the park lane. In those days nobody came out to warm up and stretch before the game.. Just came out 5mins before kick off after a pie and pint and got on with it

And the trains were a whole different kettle of fish weren't they. What isn't often mentioned is what London cabbies call "The Northerns" Euston, St Pancras and Kings Cross were a battle ground each and every Saturday! Going down to for some fun after a home match to catch a firm on the way back from an away game
Arriving back from an away game only to face the "reception committee" on the concourse.
I knew blokes that did the Northerns each and every Saturday, some never went to a match!
Could tell you of lots of stories of Euston and Kings Cross in those days. .In those days utd still had the 'cockney reds' possibly the most hated lot ever. Even by northern mancs...the Saturday we played Bolton division 2. And two f. A. Cup semis and other assorted games around London and clubs travelling through was carnage.

Talking about King's Cross, only time in my life I've been propositioned!
I wouldn't mind, but it was 10 in the morning and I had a Spurs shirt, jeans and trainers on, not exactly dressed for action!

its been a couple of years but this thread has brought me out of retirement and lurking after a blanket social media ban on myself!
Top memories on here lads, love hearing about the old days like my dad used to tell me about.
He moved to N london in the late 60's and followed spurs round the country on his honda 50 until he recruited his brother to start going with him and the two of them started travelling on buses and trains. Some of the stories used to blow my mind as a kid and still do-my first comp match was the NLD on 2nd of jan 95 and I still remember clutching the old fellas hand the whole way up the high rd from my uncles gaff near seven sisters.
Woolwich were on the other side of the street with tons of mounted cops in the road and there were bottles flying about etc, as a kid I was brickin it but fucking loving it too. Seen a load of scuffles on the way and outside the lane but in hindsight it was pretty tame compared to some of the shit you older lads saw.

The only other proper violence I encountered at a game was at the hands of the cuntin guardia civil in Sevilla which was an absolute disgrace.

Looking back at some recent posts, great memories. For me there have been some enormous Spurs firms home and away. In no particular order i would nominate these
74/75 WHL v chavs - those that turned up were smashed to bits and kicked all over the pitch. Well known in those circles as their worst ever hiding. We relgated the vermin too - what a day.
76/77 Cardiff away fa cup - great mobs on both sides and a superb day apart from the loss.
77/78 Almost every away game in that second division season but notable mentions to the trips to Blackpool, Bolton, Millwall, Charlton, Southampton, Brighton, Sheffield United.
One other from that season was Pat Rice's testimonial when we took the north bank, surely the ultimate humiliation.
78/79 Forest away - unbelievable numbers that day - not sure they ever got over that one!
78/79 chavs away - was supposed to be the chavs revenge for 75 but instead it was thousands of Spurs taking it to them again, evidenced by the pictures of the fence towards the benches.
78/79 Man utd away - the KR coaches day. Tottenham was alive with anticipation for weeks before this game as the numbers of people going up just kept growing. When we got to WHL early that Saturday morning it was a sight to behold. 53 coaches all lined up the high road, what a convoy that was. Met the midlands and Nothern Spurs at Knutsford and on we went to OT. Very impressive.
80/81 Spam away league cup. That was one evil atmosphere that night but we had a top firm out and did the best over there we had in a few years.
81/82 Chavs away FAC. As has been mentioned already this was a monster firm. Sloane Square all the way down was a mass of Tottenham, we were everywhere and it proved that chavs just can't live with us.
A few more recent ones but won't go into that now for obvious reasons.

Looking back at some recent posts, great memories. For me there have been some enormous Spurs firms home and away. In no particular order i would nominate these
74/75 WHL v chavs - those that turned up were smashed to bits and kicked all over the pitch. Well known in those circles as their worst ever hiding. We relgated the vermin too - what a day.
76/77 Cardiff away fa cup - great mobs on both sides and a superb day apart from the loss.
77/78 Almost every away game in that second division season but notable mentions to the trips to Blackpool, Bolton, Millwall, Charlton, Southampton, Brighton, Sheffield United.
One other from that season was Pat Rice's testimonial when we took the north bank, surely the ultimate humiliation.
78/79 Forest away - unbelievable numbers that day - not sure they ever got over that one!
78/79 chavs away - was supposed to be the chavs revenge for 75 but instead it was thousands of Spurs taking it to them again, evidenced by the pictures of the fence towards the benches.
78/79 Man utd away - the KR coaches day. Tottenham was alive with anticipation for weeks before this game as the numbers of people going up just kept growing. When we got to WHL early that Saturday morning it was a sight to behold. 53 coaches all lined up the high road, what a convoy that was. Met the midlands and Nothern Spurs at Knutsford and on we went to OT. Very impressive.
80/81 Spam away league cup. That was one evil atmosphere that night but we had a top firm out and did the best over there we had in a few years.
81/82 Chavs away FAC. As has been mentioned already this was a monster firm. Sloane Square all the way down was a mass of Tottenham, we were everywhere and it proved that chavs just can't live with us.

A very nice summary. Honest and accurate from my recollections of the ones I was at.

The only time i ever got hurt bad was in a chippy on the walk in to elland road, when during a tear up i managed to put my arm through the glass counter that keeps the food hot, ended up with over 70 stitches in my arm and severed a couple of tendons

The only time i ever got hurt bad was in a chippy on the walk in to elland road, when during a tear up i managed to put my arm through the glass counter that keeps the food hot, ended up with over 70 stitches in my arm and severed a couple of tendons

I think I remember that. The woman behind the counter was going mental because someone had nicked 5 Lucozades. 72?

Any worms?

Also had a big firm at Leeds in the cup, I think 72? When the Leeds team came out and done that stupid dance exercise'. They played American Pie over the tannoy before the game and the Spurs fans were all singing 'This'll be the day that Leeds die'.
Lots of trouble outside. I can remember the lot I was with ran them all over the place.
I think we took about 5 train loads that day.

Also had a big firm at Leeds in the cup, I think 72? When the Leeds team came out and done that stupid dance exercise'. They played American Pie over the tannoy before the game and the Spurs fans were all singing 'This'll be the day that Leeds die'.
Lots of trouble outside. I can remember the lot I was with ran them all over the place.
I think we took about 5 train loads that day.
Forgot about that one - good shout.

Also remember playing away to the dippers in the cup, 71 I think, took 5 train loads up there also. Drew 0-0. Remember walking back to Lime st. with Ronnie P's mob including Big J. and the Walthamstow lot, kicked the shit out the idiot Scousers who thought they could have a go at us.
In the replay they beat us 2-1 I think but they had a nightmare walk back to Seven Sisters, they got slaughted.
Good old days :sneaky:

Back
Top Bottom