Top 10 Club Legends

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Up here soccer only became available recently . Grandpa born in Crouch End l think but left as a boy , so l can remember a few old stories about our great team , before he kicked the bucket in the 80s . We look like this present team could be full of future legends as everything is coming in place dudes to dominate English football. Stadium awaiting to be unleashed, great caring fan chairman who will support the team , manager with backing . Brilliant fan base . Guys the future is ours .

Bale
Modric
Kane
Eriksen
VDV
King
Toby
Defoe
Harry Rednapp
M P.

For me

Lineker (not mentioned yet??)
Hoddle
Waddle
Clive Alan
Thorsvedt
Gaza
Anderton
Bale
King

Kane
Dele
Dembele

Sugar
Levy

Venables
Poch

Modric Pavlyuchenko close also.

Nicholson
Blanchflower
Mackay
Greaves
Gilzean
Jennings
Hoddle
Perryman
Mabbutt
Ardiles/ Ledley

Special shout out to myself.
Fucking hell i left out Ledley, for shame.

Last edited:
My definition is technically great in the spurs tradition or 'world class', long spell at club (10 years plus) and ongoing reference to spurs in interviews/social media (particularly referring to spurs as 'we' or 'us')

Not many players meet that criteria

Ardilles
Hoddle
King
Perryman
Kane (in the making)
Greaves
Gazza (difficult one)
Blanchflower
3 or 4 managers including Poch.

Up here soccer only became available recently . Grandpa born in Crouch End l think but left as a boy , so l can remember a few old stories about our great team , before he kicked the bucket in the 80s . We look like this present team could be full of future legends as everything is coming in place dudes to dominate English football. Stadium awaiting to be unleashed, great caring fan chairman who will support the team , manager with backing . Brilliant fan base . Guys the future is ours .

Bale
Modric
Kane
Eriksen
VDV
King
Toby
Defoe
Harry Rednapp
M P.

Harry Fucking redknapp? Are you on drugs.

My definition is technically great in the spurs tradition or 'world class', long spell at club (10 years plus) and ongoing reference to spurs in interviews/social media (particularly referring to spurs as 'we' or 'us')

It's all very subjective, but I don't think you need that long as a spell to be a legend for us - just look at Gazza! A player could be a legend in three to four years but it's not common - I think you have to be of exceptional ability, super charismatic or have a dramatic impact in the biggest games.

BN.
Blanchflower.
Cliff Jones (an amazing gent.)
Greaves.
Mackay.
Hoddle.
Ossie.
Hughton.
Mabbutt.
Kane.

Gazza and Luka best players in my lifetime IMHO but behaviour and attitude to us means they are some way from legend status.

Anyone suggesting Klinsmann is on something. Used us as and when convenient and has never done anything meaningful for the club.

BN.
Blanchflower.
Cliff Jones (an amazing gent.)
Greaves.
Mackay.
Hoddle.
Ossie.
Hughton.
Mabbutt.
Kane.

Gazza and Luka best players in my lifetime IMHO but behaviour and attitude to us means they are some way from legend status.

Anyone suggesting Klinsmann is on something. Used us as and when convenient and has never done anything meaningful for the club.

Steve Perryman?

Back
Top Bottom