Tom Huddlestone

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Huddlestone learnt a lot from Palacios, I would say training with Parker and Sandro can only add to his game as well. His technical ability and vision is second to none in our current team.

Think a lot of people overlooked his performances for us in the season we got CL football, when Modric was out he stepped up and once Modric came back they formed a great partnership.

He can only add to our midfield options next season, don't forget next year with CL football again rotation will be absolutely key, having players like Tom able to come back into the team will be a must.

Parker has only played league games this year and a couple of cup games, CL he will be a starter for sure.

SpursUltra said:
Huddlestone learnt a lot from Palacios, I would say training with Parker and Sandro can only add to his game as well. His technical ability and vision is second to none in our current team.

Think a lot of people overlooked his performances for us in the season we got CL football, when Modric was out he stepped up and once Modric came back they formed a great partnership.

He can only add to our midfield options next season, don't forget next year with CL football again rotation will be absolutely key, having players like Tom able to come back into the team will be a must.

Parker has only played league games this year and a couple of cup games, CL he will be a starter for sure.
:modricwtf: :vdv: :baletroll:

Huddlestone is good enough to play in our current team, but he won't be first choice. I'd rather have him playing than Livermore. Shame he's been so injury prone, though. That afro of his must be getting enormous now.

Don't make me go all 'bad tricky' on you Hudd haters.

http://www.dearmrlevy.com/dml/2010/5/19/the-huddlestone-proxy.html

He was good enough, and is good enough and adds that all important depth to the squad, he was part of a midfield four of modric, hudd, palacious and lennon, which had that elusive thing we also have now (but better) 'Balance'.

That four also allowed Bale to attack from deep (taking on a midfielder rather than a full back) which was when the penny dropped and he started to boss games. And that was the season we achieved top 4.

To look at one player's ability in isolation is to ignore the difference between opposition we face over a season. And to be so dismissive of what he can do before he has returned properly and shown us if he can make it back into contention is equally naive.

His passing ability releases the pace of bale and lennon in a similar (but notably different) way that modric's guile does.

Play him alongside Parker in games where we lack a target guy who can hold the ball up front and see his value, and let us not forget IF we are playing champions league next season our second string has to be good enough to play in prem week in week out and get results.

Yes we have parker and sandro now, as well as livermore coming through, but there will be games when we are 'bare bones' and each of the previous three have different and important qualities, but none of them has the sheer range of passing and vision for a pass which is still relevant to the game.

NB. case / sibs I need a hudd fro smilie asap!

love thudd- he would be first choice in anyone out of top 4 or 5 - walk into Liverpool above Adams.

Parker is 31, VDV is still ambitious and i suspect when Man U come a calling next year when Modric has 2/3 years left on his contract we may see him leave.

Short termism to say he would not play in this team now -

if he can manage to get rid of he's injuries he would be a key part of the squad.

I like that in a thread discussing one of our players, the most quoted remark is "I'm not showing you my tits". And they say internet forums aren't just for nerds anymore...

r-u-s-x said:
i suspect when Man U come a calling next year when Modric has 2/3 years left on his contract we may see him leave.

Modric (or perhaps more specifically his wife) only wants to live London - hence United didn't bid for him in the summer as they knew it would've been pointless

In short if we finish above Chelsea AND improve his wages he's going nowhere

r-u-s-x said:
love thudd- he would be first choice in anyone out of top 4 or 5 - walk into Liverpool above Adams.

Parker is 31, VDV is still ambitious and i suspect when Man U come a calling next year when Modric has 2/3 years left on his contract we may see him leave.

Short termism to say he would not play in this team now -

if he can manage to get rid of he's injuries he would be a key part of the squad.

Do you mean Charlie Adam? if so, you have got to be joking

tricky said:
Don't make me go all 'bad tricky' on you Hudd haters.

Play him alongside Parker in games where we lack a target guy who can hold the ball up front and see his value, and let us not forget IF we are playing champions league next season our second string has to be good enough to play in prem week in week out and get results.

Thats the key right there, Parker will need to be rested next year as will Bale and Modric, Hudd can play in CL or the Prem games.

I really think he has shown great progression through playing with other people and taking parts of their game. It was so noticeable that once he had played with Palacios for a while his positional sense improved as did his shutting down of players.
Difference was he could then look up and spot the 40-50 yard ball and play it.

Great player in the Spurs tradition. Him, Dawson, Caulker, Naughton, I think will all have big parts to play next season.

I have been reliably informed (ITK) that Modric wanted Man U - he's people wanted the move to Chelsea.

that is from a good source,

you think Charlie Adam is better than a fit Huddleston - I don't, he is just as imobile, less assured in the tackle and not as strong passing range.

He's shooting and free kicks maybe-

I'm not that impressed with Livermoore if I'm honest, but I welcome any young player that has drive and speed!

Thudds is and will be worth keeping as a player on the bench, but I wouldn't choose him over Parker the warhorse or Sandro the wall.

Thudds did us proud a few seasons ago, yet I still think he lacks that certain something that's needed along Modders when playing as an anchor ..

He has the vision, but lacks the tackle, he has a good shot (50% of the time) and he can place a ball rarely at a frontmans feet, which seems to make some fans forget some of the poor things he does 50% of the time.

Don't get me wrong, I like the lad and wouldn't see him go anywhere else, simply because he does have talent which is hard to find in this current era of transfers. I think we have alot of players that aren't good enough to see us progress further, alot of deadwood that could be stripped. I'm just not sure Thudds will enjoy being benched foir the coming few seasons only to be waiting for an injury or cup match, let's face it he is too good for that, but we have better players before him.

r-u-s-x said:
you think Charlie Adam is better than a fit Huddleston - I don't, he is just as imobile, less assured in the tackle and not as strong passing range.

He's shooting and free kicks maybe-

Hold up, you said Hudd would walk into the Liverpool team ahead of Adam, considering Hudd possibly wont even get into our first team when all are fit, thats quite a statement.

I completely disagree with this because

a) If this was the case, why was Harry trying to sign Adam?
b) why did Liverpool sign Adam and not make a bid for Hudd?
c) Charlie Adam is one of the best passers of the ball in the league, im not saying Hudd isnt but to say Adam isnt as good is a bit biased.
d) you called him Adams, which to me infers you may not actually watch him play that much to even know him name, but then again, it could just be a typo from you there.

Just trying to understand why you would think Hudd would walk into the team above him...

Tom Huddlestone >>>>>> Charlie Adam

We tried to sign Adam because Huddlestone was injured - and even then he was VERY much a last resort.

Liverpool signed Adam instead of Huddlestone because we have no reason to sell a first team fringe player to them and improve them.

Blanchflower said:
Tom Huddlestone >>>>>> Charlie Adam

We tried to sign Adam because Huddlestone was injured - and even then he was VERY much a last resort.

Liverpool signed Adam instead of Huddlestone because we have no reason to sell a first team fringe player to them and improve them.
can i just say, for the record, I know we were strongly linked with Adam before King Kunty came along.

Dodged a bullet there I feel.

Parker>>>Sandro>>>Tom Huddlestone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Charlie Adam

I know he's a bit of a dirty bastard and Tom is our player but in my opinion people are being a bit biased here. There is no way (in my opinion) Hudd is leagues ahead of Adam.

Im sure the bindippers will argue exactly the opposite.

He is hateful in the same way robbie savage/Dennis wise were, but he does have ability.

I think that they would both be 2.5 or 3 stars on FM.

In fact check them both on FM and that will be your answer

FM>>>Real life

Back
Top Bottom