Tom Huddlestone

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

paulhasissues said:
Im sure the bindippers will argue exactly the opposite.

He is hateful in the same way robbie savage/Dennis wise were, but he does have ability.

I think that they would both be 2.5 or 3 stars on FM.

In fact check them both on FM and that will be your answer

FM>>>Real life

That's because Charlie Adam had an artificially good season for Blackpool last year - he was their only playmaker, everything ran through him, he took penalties, free kicks, corners and was encouraged to shoot whenever in sight of goal...........check out how many goals and assists he's got this year.......

Dru said:
I know he's a bit of a dirty bastard and Tom is our player but in my opinion people are being a bit biased here. There is no way (in my opinion) Hudd is leagues ahead of Adam.
It's just an opinion.

Know I'll be in a minority. But I never saw a particularly good footballer in him. Had to keep quiet when we were linked as he was doing well at Blackpool at the time, and this was pre-Parker or Sandro when we still needed a beast..

He's not bad at free kicks occasionally. But as a DM he's just a tackler, poor distribution, poor vision, no pace.

He's just not all that, and lacks the sort of, well, class, I'd rather see.

Even in a DM, I want some finesse in the tackle, composure on the ball and generally more wits about them than just being 'dennis wise' or 'roy keane' on the pitch.

Adam isnt a DM,

For example, he created 6 chances the other night, way more than any other Liverpool player.

Dru said:
Adam isnt a DM,

For example, he created 6 chances the other night, way more than any other Liverpool player.
Well he lacks the creativity, guile or vision to be an attacking midfielder for me, and is a poorer player than modric and vdv. or if he supposed to be a box to box then he's still poorer than sandro and hud?

Am surprised by that stat, but one game in isolation can often be misleading. Especially as I don't remember 6 chances from the whole match having watched it back now.

tricky said:
Dru said:
Adam isnt a DM,

Well he lacks the creativity, guile or vision to be an attacking midfielder for me, and is a poorer player than modric and vdv. or if he supposed to be a box to box then he's still poorer than sandro and hud?

Am surprised by that stat, but one game in isolation can often be misleading. Especially as I don't remember 6 chances from the whole match having watched it back now.

I really dont get this, I must be watching a different player becuase if you asked me to descirbe Adam I would day awful dirty tackler but a great apsser of the ball with good vision and a set piece threat.

I never said he was as good as Modric, just that he wasnt a DM and that Hudd isnt (imo) miles better than him.

Dru said:
tricky said:
Dru said:
Adam isnt a DM,

I really dont get this, I must be watching a different player becuase if you asked me to descirbe Adam I would day awful dirty tackler but a great apsser of the ball with good vision and a set piece threat.

I never said he was as good as Modric, just that he wasnt a DM and that Hudd isnt (imo) miles better than him.
I'm cool with that, it's just opinions, init n shizzle.

I agree on set piece part though if you want to finish off there?

:adegrin:

Dru said:
tricky said:
Dru said:
Adam isnt a DM...if you asked me to descirbe Adam I would day awful dirty tackler but a great apsser of the ball with good vision and a set piece threat.

Mostly this. He's a terrible tackler, certainly not a "holding" type player. Connects on an occasional Hollywood long ball, which makes his numerous wayward ones a little less noticeable. Really good left foot though on set pieces.

I'd rate him and Huddlestone pretty equally tbh. Both have that long pass and a shot in their game, but neither are holding players with really any mobility.

Dru said:
Adam isnt a DM,

yeah Adam is a playmaker with no pace

best way to describe him imo is a really shit second rate Paul Scholes

I'm sure the scousers will love that description lol

Blanchflower said:
paulhasissues said:
Im sure the bindippers will argue exactly the opposite.

He is hateful in the same way robbie savage/Dennis wise were, but he does have ability.

I think that they would both be 2.5 or 3 stars on FM.

In fact check them both on FM and that will be your answer

FM>>>Real life

That's because Charlie Adam had an artificially good season for Blackpool last year - he was their only playmaker, everything ran through him, he took penalties, free kicks, corners and was encouraged to shoot whenever in sight of goal...........check out how many goals and assists he's got this year.......

Vaughan was better than him for Blackpool last season, think he even got their player of the year award.

most liverpool fans i think would agree that huddleston is better than adam - they really do not rate him, indisciplined, cant tackle, hollywood balls and slow- this seems to be the consensus over there.

Harry wanted him because he thought he was good value - like the pinaeer thing, to good to turn away.

Here's his Premier League best XI from his twitter... does he know he plays for Spurs?
scaled.php

Anurag Jo said:
I was just going to post it...One would think at least Ledley would be in there...

I know he has injuries problems but stilll..
I wouldn't put him in mine, you have to factor in the injuries.

Back
Top Bottom