Today's press conference

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perception acts as a lens through which we view reality:

Changing the disagree does not does not change the reality pet!
brumspur brumspur 's "disagrees" are legendary, I think he's given me more kisses than anybody else:).
As they are obviously a result of fat thumbs, we all have a laugh about it and he's good enough to remove them.
If I had my way, I would remove the disagree button altogether, as in some cases it just becomes contentious and/or petty. If you don't agree with someone then just state your POV and agree to disagree. The world would be a boring place if we all thought the same.
PS - fully expect for some clever dicks to say they couldn't help themselves and give me a kiss for this post!
200.gif

My way or the highway doesn't work in business and probably not for long in sport.
I agree that it can be an unwise strategy in business, but 'my way or the highway' doesn't seem to have done Guardiola much harm in developing strategies and choosing players for his football teams, for quite a few years. Postecoglou seems to have mastered the art of 'Iron Fist in a Silk Glove' - which is perhaps a more acceptable way of describing him?

brumspur brumspur 's "disagrees" are legendary, I think he's given me more kisses than anybody else:).
As they are obviously a result of fat thumbs, we all have a laugh about it and he's good enough to remove them.
If I had my way, I would remove the disagree button altogether, as in some cases it just becomes contentious and/or petty. If you don't agree with someone then just state your POV and agree to disagree. The world would be a boring place if we all thought the same.
PS - fully expect for some clever dicks to say they couldn't help themselves and give me a kiss for this post!
200.gif
You really do like to tempt people, don't you? I resisted!

Perception acts as a lens through which we view reality:

Changing the disagree does not does not change the reality pet!
Yes it does.

Your two sentences are a direct contradiction of each other, revealing that you have absolutely no idea what your first sentence means.

...but then we should be applauding the fact that an Aussie can even type.

200.gif
frank sinatra oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

My way or the highway doesn't work in business and probably not for long in sport.
It's worked everywhere he's been.

At any rate, he's not stupid. It's not like he would have rocked up on the first day and burnt bridges from the off. He's single-minded and unwavering in his approach, but also has a way of getting people on board considering his players always seem to want to run through walls for him. So clearly the balance is there.

I think a lot of it has to do with just being a decent person, honest and upfront with people and treating everyone fairly, which may sound overly simplistic, but can also be effective.

I think "my way or the highway" suggests to people conflict, but it doesn't necessarily have to go that way. If handled sensibly it can simply be a case of "this is the route we're going down and I'd love you to be part of that. If so, great. If not, you're free to explore other opportunities and if it's in the best interests of the club, we'll look to facilitate that". All perfectly reasonable IMO.

I agree that it can be an unwise strategy in business, but 'my way or the highway' doesn't seem to have done Guardiola much harm in developing strategies and choosing players for his football teams, for quite a few years. Postecoglou seems to have mastered the art of 'Iron Fist in a Silk Glove' - which is perhaps a more acceptable way of describing him?
Always wondered how Bismarck would have done as a manager. :) But, a point well taken by you. Thanks.

I remember when he linked and everyone was losing it I said in a post his doubters would end up liking him very quickly, but even I didn't think it would happen before the season started. Has to be one of the most captivating talkers in the game, can't help but be inspired. OUR manager.

I remember when he linked and everyone was losing it I said in a post his doubters would end up liking him very quickly, but even I didn't think it would happen before the season started. Has to be one of the most captivating talkers in the game, can't help but be inspired. OUR manager.
That Aussie charm has certainly worked wonders , so far !

I know there's lots of people here now who are Celtic fans. Did he sound that way when he was with them?
He carried a bit of a cough through most of the last season. People were worried about that too but it cleared up.

Seen pretty much every presser last 2 seasons and never heard the breathing thing. My guess is the mic was too close or not set up properly. Nothing more sinister.

Yea the sharp intake of breath thing has always been there. But the mic made it worse, its not as bad in the second video

He carried a bit of a cough through most of the last season. People were worried about that too but it cleared up.

Seen pretty much every presser last 2 seasons and never heard the breathing thing. My guess is the mic was too close or not set up properly. Nothing more sinister.
Thanks. Probably just sinuses and, like you say, the way the mic was set up.

Back
Top Bottom