Today's press conference

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not a live stream, but football.london is offering a live blog:

The Daily Mail too:

Last edited:
a4f0a836-f6f3-4576-82d0-cb20deb3655a.jpg

Postecoglou on Harry Kane
I don't think it's my role to sit there and treat people in a manner because of their circumstances. I treat everyone the same. Harry is already an important figure in the history of this football club. He's one of the premier players in the world. I want him here and I want to make this club successful. I'm certain he wants that as well.

It's not going to be a conversation where we come out with some kind of understanding. I just want to introduce myself and I want to know what he wants to happen to make this football club successful then we'll go out there on the training ground and make it happen.

The new Spurs boss on Tanguy Ndombele
Tanguy has been good. He's been working hard in training as they all have because they've got no choice! I take things as I see them. He was part of a Serie A-winning side last season and he's been working well. Within that context I'm pleased to have him here and part of the group. What that means for the long-term we'll see. Maybe he won't want to be part of things

Postecoglou on injuries
We do have a couple, Rodrigo Bentancur is still out. Fraser Forster has a back injury and he won't travel. There's a couple of others. We'll see how they go. I'd really like as many of the group as possible to go to begin building that team and camaraderie.

Last edited:
More on Kane
I haven't had any assurances and I wouldn't expect any. With these type of situations you're never dealing with certainties. I can only go with what I know right now. Harry is part of the squad and looking forward to being back and part of the players

Postecoglou on squad changes
I think in terms of the squad I think it's fair to say the reason I'm here is because the club are seeking change. That usually means a change in personnel. I have to work with the certainties I have and tick off the uncertainties one by one. It might take a little while to see my full squad but I'm excited about when I can start working with them

More from Postecoglou
From the outside it's important that we establish some key principles in how we want to play and how we want to interact with everyone else. That's key. Goals (targets) are great but they can stifle you somewhat. We need to adapt to whatever is ahead of us. You can plan as much as you like but you've got to be agile.

The Spurs boss on the talk about his past
I've had people say that if you're at Celtic you can only finish first or second, but second is last. I wouldn't be in a job. With what people perceive as a step up you are working with bigger players and a bigger organisation. I've never seen it as a step up, only a new challenge for me

I've coached in different leagues and every challenge is the same relative to what competition you are in. I've never gone into a job thinking it's easy. Celtic was a massive challange. People think that you are going to finish first or second with Celtic, but second is last. It's not just about winning but it's the manner in which you play your football. I'm explicit in saying my teams must play a certain way. What people perceive as a step up in level also comes with better players and resources so it's all relative. I've never seen it as a step up just a new challenge

Postecoglou on his message to his players
Just about being open-minded and not bogged down by expectation and history. We are going to go down a different road. Not because it's better, just because it's me and that's what I do. It won't change where we're heading, it might derail it for a little bit although I won't allow it to be for long and it's about who wants to get on this train so we can get to our destination.

Ange Postecoglou on his aims and approach
I can't say it was a goal [to manage in the Premier League]. I've come literally form the other side of the world and wanted to experience as much as possible to see where that takes me. I've embraced every challenge. The Premier League is a very strong competition and why wouldn't I want to embrace that?

It's another opportunity to do what I do. It wasn't an ambition of mine but everything I've done I try to do with the best of my ability to help give me a career where I can realise everything I want to do

Ange Postecoglou on what he hopes to achieve at Spurs
I want to bring success to this football club. I always take over clubs after they've had a disappointing season or seasons. The thing I cherish the most is to create something that lasts and stays beyond my tenure. The scenario that Tottenham are in right now is what motivates me the most

I don't set goals. Going in with pre-conceived ideas can be limiting. From the outset it's important to establish key principles in how we behave, train and interact with each other. We'll see where that takes us. Goals are great but they can stifle you. We need to adjust to the challenges along the way. We're a big club and the end goal is to enjoy success

Ange Postecoglou on how his coaching identity is being put across:
The lads we've had back so far have been excellent and the staff have been implementing what I want. The rest of the group are back in the next few days and it'll be great to all work together.

Ange Postecoglou on negative comments about his appointment as Spurs boss:
I've never taken social media as a barometer of how people really think of me. Unless you've spoken to every Tottenham fan worldwide and it comes back that they don't want me then I'm not paying attention. Tottenham fans have a right to their opinion. For the most part I think supporters want me to be successful because that means the club is successful. It's not like I feel like I'm battling against the tide or anything. Most Tottenhgam fans have been supportive. I'm not going to trawl through social media to find the negative comments

Last edited:
Theyll put it on YouTube I suspect like usual.

The bit on SSN was good. Not sure you want to be one of the players who fucks him off or lets him down. He’s not going to go into that conversation with Kane in awe of him or backing down. Either get on board or go seemed to be the message.

Very impressive though.

Back
Top Bottom