"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At Sky Studios today invited to offer my opinion where the title is going and the reason why, my decision an assuredness already has them puzzled. How dare me

First post on this thread!
I am sick of the back and forward of Spurs fans claiming we are or aren't in a title race. Yes we haven't played well the majority of this season . Yes there are two brilliant sides we are competing against and definitely YES we have difficult fixtures. But come Sunday night we could be 2 points behind with everything that has been labelled against us this season. Get behind this team in both competitions because they have giving us so much joy and happiness and whether it leads to success or not, the future is white.... the future is Lilywhite.

First post on this thread!
I am sick of the back and forward of Spurs fans claiming we are or aren't in a title race. Yes we haven't played well the majority of this season . Yes there are two brilliant sides we are competing against and definitely YES we have difficult fixtures. But come Sunday night we could be 2 points behind with everything that has been labelled against us this season. Get behind this team in both competitions because they have giving us so much joy and happiness and whether it leads to success or not, the future is white.... the future is Lilywhite.

Yeah well said.
Its a time to be excited and enjoy this magical ride. Wherever it ends up, as most "pundits" had and have us written off. A win today will be one step closer to the so called impossible.

Disappointing. We've never ever been favourites, never ever been first with the title to lose. So it's not bottling. But we seem to approach these key games when chasing, the wrong way and that's very frustrating as if we got it right we could end up top rather than trying to chase all the time which is so hard.

Problem with the team is they struggle with expectation.

I think as a team we are brilliant at chasing but once the team get themselves into a position to really fight for a trophy or an opportunity to potentially get the league in their own hands, they often slip up.

We better hope we show up against Chelsea and Woolwich because if Man Utd win tomorrow, they could potentially be 3 points (or less) behind us in the race for 3rd..

Problem with the team is they struggle with expectation.

I think as a team we are brilliant at chasing but once the team get themselves into a position to really fight for a trophy or an opportunity to potentially get the league in their own hands, they often slip up.

We better hope we show up against Chelsea and Woolwich because if Man Utd win tomorrow, they could potentially be 3 points (or less) behind us in the race for 3rd..

Careful with talk like that here , your get carded!

We were never in it.

Of course we were. I hate posts like this of course we were in it. We were outsiders yes but a different result today in a game that fair enough they deserved to win stuck us 2 points behind the ones we are chasing.

Sorry mate but these kind of posts really irate me, too many don't or haven't believed in our club, it's time we start changing our attitude as it's the only way we can continue progressing.

It's a shame but to say we were never in it I honestly don't agree with

Of course we were. I hate posts like this of course we were in it. We were outsiders yes but a different result today in a game that fair enough they deserved to win stuck us 2 points behind the ones we are chasing.

Sorry mate but these kind of posts really irate me, too many don't or haven't believed in our club, it's time we start changing our attitude as it's the only way we can continue progressing.

It's a shame but to say we were never in it I honestly don't agree with

It's probably that mentality as to why we don't win things - imagine if the players actually thought that?

"Oh, we lost to Burnley, never mind we were NEVER in the title race anyway really"

It's probably that mentality as to why we don't win things - imagine if the players actually thought that?

"Oh, we lost to Burnley, never mind we were NEVER in the title race anyway really"

Exactly. You have to believe you're in it to get that little feeling of hunger and desire to get it over the line. We've been hovering around the 2nd & 3rd places for a few years now, it really grates me that our own fans are so nonchalant about that and write us off. Got to be supporting the boys for a colossal effort over the past few years. As a club we all have to start believing that we are pushing towards our rightful place and that it hasn't all been a fluke.

We currently sit 5 points off top with no home advantage to fall back on. Of course this team has what it takes and as a fan base we have to start believing that if we want the mentality of the club to change and stay there

Exactly. You have to believe you're in it to get that little feeling of hunger and desire to get it over the line. We've been hovering around the 2nd & 3rd places for a few years now, it really grates me that our own fans are so nonchalant about that and write us off. Got to be supporting the boys for a colossal effort over the past few years. As a club we all have to start believing that we are pushing towards our rightful place and that it hasn't all been a fluke.

We currently sit 5 points off top with no home advantage to fall back on. Of course this team has what it takes and as a fan base we have to start believing that if we want the mentality of the club to change and stay there

We were a correct gameweek away from having the league in our hands - if that's not "in a title race" then I don't know what is.

Sure, we would still have been rank outsiders due to our fixture list but that doesn't mean we weren't in the race. City seem to have got out of their slump now though so if they do drop points, it's likely we STILL need to win every remaining fixture to even have a chance again.

Back
Top Bottom