"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair I havent checked how many difficult games the top 3 have until the end of the season. Just assumed we have the hardest games remaining as in most games against the top 6.

Pool and city both have to play us, and I’m pretty sure we have the best away record in the league, so I would say they have a harder run of games then us! :allitongue:

So City have to face just 1 top 6 team, Liverpool 3, and us 4. Lets just say I will share you enthusiasm about things being in our hands after the games vs Arse and chavs.

City have 2.

Us and United. But the United game hasn't been rescheduled yet. But its likely to be right at the end of the season so within their last 4 games they could play us at home and United away.

Could be huge.

I think if we beat Chelsea away and Woolwich at home, we will be there until the death. It suits us better to be the outside pretenders to the throne. If Kane and Alli come back fitter than they were were at the beginning of the season, and we manage to not pick up any other key injuries, I'll be quietly confident that we can go all the way. Arguably I'm more confident of our CL hopes. We can beat anyone over 2 legs, particularly this season. Never seen us win "uglier" than we've done so consistently this season. Bodes very well.

:vdvshh:

I've just read that the midweek games where we may have been able to rearrange the Palace & Brighton games are the Champions League QF fixture dates so there will be even more of a pile up towards the end of the season. Not ideal even if the idea of games in hand is appealing.

We could see the club have a 3 week gap from playing only to have to cram 4 games into a week again like we had to earlier in the season. What a nightmare that would be if we are challenging

I'd tend to agree. The positive spin on it though would be, that the question mark over Poch teams for a while was whether they run out of steam at the business end of seasons. Thankfully that narrative has died down. So who's to say, it wouldn't benefit us to have a little midseason break to recharge, and theeeeeen we go again.

We're gonna need a massive run, how massive dependent on what the two others drop along the way, but massive no matter what. We can do that on pure adrenaline, confidence etc. even with the matches closely bunched if and when we go on that run.

To be fair I havent checked how many difficult games the top 3 have until the end of the season. Just assumed we have the hardest games remaining as in most games against the top 6.

"Top 6" was a thing before the season and in November. Now not so much. It's a top 3 and a sub-top 3, where one of them are in great shape, one in a bad place, and one in a terrible state of affairs. We have to play the latter two of those, plus the two we're trying to catch.

If you go beyond pedigree on paper, who would you honestly rather play this weekend? Burnley with the bus parked and every man scrapping for their PL lifes? Or the chavs with their chavy fans singing against their manager's tactics and booing their subs coming on? Or scum with our squad absolutely fired up to nail them to the wall after their it's like winning a trophy celebration following the reverse fixture?

In August it would have been no choice and Burnley hands down. Now not so much. We've got a set amount of games, and we can no question beat anyone on any given day. There's a lot more to the context of each type of fixture at this stage than six months ago.

Phil Thompson on SSN this morning saying opposition fans are worried about another period of dominence by Liverpool and that they’ll win the league again and again and again.....

And people wonder why they’re so fucking despised......

Cunts. Hope they battered tonight and Sunday

Phil Thompson on SSN this morning saying opposition fans are worried about another period of dominence by Liverpool and that they’ll win the league again and again and again.....

And people wonder why they’re so fucking despised......

Cunts. Hope they battered tonight and Sunday

Fucking state of him.

They were closer to the title under Rodgers than they are now. Cannot WAIT for fucking Liverpool to fuck it up. Just to see cunts like him squirm.

Yes, clearly this Liverpool club is setup for dominance.
:vertna:
Even though it helps them in the league, I hope Bayern murders them just to see how it gets spun.

Even though it helps them in the league, I hope Bayern murders them just to see how it gets spun.

So dominant they got knocked out of the League Cup and FA Cup at the first time of asking.

2014-11%2F3029-phil-thompson.jpg

Will it help them in the league? That would be then their only remaining hope of a trophy with no margin for error. Sounds like a lot of pressure to me.

In case anyone wants to prepare nice and early for a too nervy to watch end to the season, then these ostrich pillows are available for purchase

ostrich-pillow.jpg

Has the added benefit of padding for slamming your head into whatever's close and handy, if we stumble at the last hurdle.

If you're like me, you're now also wondering what on earth the holes in the side are for. Here you go

Turkey_Nap_Head_Pillow1_1024x1024.jpg

You're welcome :pochshock2:

Will it help them in the league? That would be then their only remaining hope of a trophy with no margin for error. Sounds like a lot of pressure to me.

Yeah, I agree. A confidence smashing experience like a heavy defeat to Bayern could cause more damage to their psyche than any benefit they'd get from longer recovery periods between games. The pressure on their league games would be huge.

Maybe their biggest benefit would be playing first at the weekends.

I think if we beat Chelsea away and Woolwich at home, we will be there until the death. It suits us better to be the outside pretenders to the throne. If Kane and Alli come back fitter than they were were at the beginning of the season, and we manage to not pick up any other key injuries, I'll be quietly confident that we can go all the way. Arguably I'm more confident of our CL hopes. We can beat anyone over 2 legs, particularly this season. Never seen us win "uglier" than we've done so consistently this season. Bodes very well.

:vdvshh:

It frightens me, why do I do it to myself.
There is no reason whatsoever why we shouldn’t be heavily involved up until the end of the season for arguably the highest honors on offer (domestically & European).

I’ll be honest and admit I never genuinely thought we’d be where we are, given the injuries & despair of winnable cup exits.

Yet we somehow find ourselves here, Kane & Dele returning imminently, having won games without them (ugly digging deep, as well as spectacularly mesmerizing German counterparts).
Liverpool wobbling a little, City blinded by their own self indulgent importance.
There is a steel to us I’ve never experienced in 38 years of following this beautiful Lillywhite entity.
An inner belief.
A Pochettino inspired mojo if you will.

Trips to City & Anfield loom large, if we get something out of these (and don’t mess up v the Southampton’s, or Palace’s) then why the hell not.

Dare to do.
Dare to sh*t myself to be honest.

Bring.
It.
On.

"Top 6" was a thing before the season and in November. Now not so much. It's a top 3 and a sub-top 3, where one of them are in great shape, one in a bad place, and one in a terrible state of affairs. We have to play the latter two of those, plus the two we're trying to catch.

If you go beyond pedigree on paper, who would you honestly rather play this weekend? Burnley with the bus parked and every man scrapping for their PL lifes? Or the chavs with their chavy fans singing against their manager's tactics and booing their subs coming on? Or scum with our squad absolutely fired up to nail them to the wall after their it's like winning a trophy celebration following the reverse fixture?

In August it would have been no choice and Burnley hands down. Now not so much. We've got a set amount of games, and we can no question beat anyone on any given day. There's a lot more to the context of each type of fixture at this stage than six months ago.
Given the choice of playing Woolwich, Chelsea or Burnley to be pretty sure of getting three points?

Burnley, one million times out of one million times.

How often must we go strolling into matches against the top six thinking we are invincible, before getting our arses handed to us?

Back
Top Bottom