"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

City still going in 4 competitions. They have a strong squad but at the business end fixtures will stack up and they will suffer.

y29m7.jpg

With all respect it's just a shame it's Swsnsea.
They should be winning that (anything can happen in football though) so will mean another fixture. All good from our point of view!

We need to put points on the board when they are not playing in the prem so they have to catch up. Not a position we have been in before but an opportunity we must take if we are to have any chance in this race.

The more games they play the more chance of an injury or fatigue. Can only help us. and the dippers.

So with Palace through and Brighton having a more than decent chance of making the semis do we make it a good thing that we could have games in hand due to fixture changes potentially or a bad thing as we'll know what we need to do going into those games at later dates?

Personally I think it's a good thing that we get to see what goes on with others around us, it'll build a good mindset and keeps us in the mix for as long as possible which can only be a good thing as the players adjust to being a team thinkin about titles at the business end of the season.

It's all hear say of course but I'm pretty happy to see us have games in hand for whatever outcome we may need towards the latter part of the season

So with Palace through and Brighton having a more than decent chance of making the semis do we make it a good thing that we could have games in hand due to fixture changes potentially or a bad thing as we'll know what we need to do going into those games at later dates?

Personally I think it's a good thing that we get to see what goes on with others around us, it'll build a good mindset and keeps us in the mix for as long as possible which can only be a good thing as the players adjust to being a team thinkin about titles at the business end of the season.

It's all hear say of course but I'm pretty happy to see us have games in hand for whatever outcome we may need towards the latter part of the season
I get what you're saying but points on the board would be better. Having games in hand is no guarantee of points and could come with their own pressure of being "must win".

I get what you're saying but points on the board would be better. Having games in hand is no guarantee of points and could come with their own pressure of being "must win".

I see what you're saying but I do love the idea of being 5 points behind Liverpool & City with 2 games at home to Palace & Brighton in hand. That would be an epic little moment to experience if all works out like that. All hear say of course but imagine the buzz

Our title contention ENDED when we lost at home 3-1 to Wolves. I am not going to be swept up in delusions of winning the premier league or champions league. I think we will get close to Liverpool, by about 3 points, but they will eventually run off with the title after Bayern eliminate them from the champions league.

Our title contention ENDED when we lost at home 3-1 to Wolves. I am not going to be swept up in delusions of winning the premier league or champions league. I think we will get close to Liverpool, by about 3 points, but they will eventually run off with the title after Bayern eliminate them from the champions league.

Is that because you personally think it is and feel we have too much to do?

Because if we beat Burnley at the weekend and Liverpool lose away at United (which let's be honest isn't impossible) then the title is in our hands...

I think it's a bad thing, would rather play one game a week, it's better IMO for fitness and freshness to do that, rather than have a week off and then play two games a week.

I think it's a bad thing, would rather play one game a week, it's better IMO for fitness and freshness to do that, rather than have a week off and then play two games a week.

I've just read that the midweek games where we may have been able to rearrange the Palace & Brighton games are the Champions League QF fixture dates so there will be even more of a pile up towards the end of the season. Not ideal even if the idea of games in hand is appealing.

We could see the club have a 3 week gap from playing only to have to cram 4 games into a week again like we had to earlier in the season. What a nightmare that would be if we are challenging

Is that because you personally think it is and feel we have too much to do?

Because if we beat Burnley at the weekend and Liverpool lose away at United (which let's be honest isn't impossible) then the title is in our hands...
By our hands you mean that we need to beat Chavs, Arse, City and Liverpool?

You say addition I say probability.

But if we win all of those games (if the weekends results happen) - we win the league. Bare in mind, all 3 of us will drop points between now and the end of the season.

The fact is the title could well be in OUR hands come Sunday - whether or not we win the games needed to win the league is a different conversation.

But if we win all of those games (if the weekends results happen) - we win the league. Bare in mind, all 3 of us will drop points between now and the end of the season.

The fact is the title could well be in OUR hands come Sunday - whether or not we win the games needed to win the league is a different conversation.
To be fair I havent checked how many difficult games the top 3 have until the end of the season. Just assumed we have the hardest games remaining as in most games against the top 6.

To be fair I havent checked how many difficult games the top 3 have until the end of the season. Just assumed we have the hardest games remaining as in most games against the top 6.
So City have to face just 1 top 6 team, Liverpool 3, and us 4. Lets just say I will share you enthusiasm about things being in our hands after the games vs Arse and chavs.

Fellas, calm down. We are not going to win it. Just be happy with how well we are doing rather than build yourself up for disappointment.

We've been grinding out hard-fought wins lately against poor team. We've got tougher games ahead, including away games against Chelsea, Liverpool and City.

Anyone remember last season when Kane got back from injuries? Anyone remember any of Kane's start of seasons? He takes a while to get going, but that will not stop Poch from playing him. It's going to cost us points.

It IS between City and Liverpool. Never red!

Back
Top Bottom