Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I refuse to judge anyone that played under Lampard. He is a shite manager.

Don’t think he will set the world alight, but this is a decent enough January deal and he should be a useful addition to the squad.

I am absolutely all for this signing. He's not a dick, has pace to burn and works hard. Also his days before Chelsea were thrilling, was just an awful club for him to be a part. Main concern for me are recent injuries but for the terms offered, the potential purchase price and the fact that this is a January deal this is a solid piece of business. A bit excited it may be a great piece of business

Not much of a downside to this move.

Guy with a bunch of talent and potential that hasn’t put it all together yet is a good signing in January.

And if it doesn’t work out, we don’t activate the option.

My only concern is that in a so called "Farmer's League" where Kane is already into 'triple figures', Werner has scored 2 in 8 games...

He seems like he has a good work ethic, and attitude though, which Ange clearly rates as - if not more - important than just goals alone...

Maybe he is a Richie alternative, but I wonder if we've been forced into this after Veliz's injury (and Son being away of course!)

Not much of a downside to this move.

Guy with a bunch of talent and potential that hasn’t put it all together yet is a good signing in January.

And if it doesn’t work out, we don’t activate the option.
You could say it's a.... Wern-Wern situation!

I thank you!
...goodnight Tottenham, you've been a great crowd!

My only concern is that in a so called "Farmer's League" where Kane is already into 'triple figures', Werner has scored 2 in 8 games...

He seems like he has a good work ethic, and attitude though, which Ange clearly rates as - if not more - important than just goals alone...

Maybe he is a Richie alternative, but I wonder if we've been forced into this after Veliz's injury (and Son being away of course!)

This time but in the past he's ripped that league to shreds.

You could say it's a.... Wern-Wern situation!

I thank you!
...goodnight Tottenham, you've been a great crowd!

Season 11 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Here is the thing about Werner for me after spending too much of the day thinking about it:

Ange is a student of the game and will undoubtedly have studied Nagelsmann at RB Leipzig because they were coming with an attacking style, with an intense pressing system.

He will have a very specific idea of what he's going to ask Werner to do, whereas when he was at chavski, Lampard was probably expecting to throw him out there and for him to just be good.

This isn't Danjuma for Conte who didn't think he had the ability to play as a wide 10 in his rigid system.

Edit -

He actually has 102 goals and 46 assists in 192 starts in the farmers league.

Also, there's no reason to compare Werner to Kane. Kane is a special type of striker that there just aren't that many of. He cannot be the baseline for who we have up front because that means that we will always be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom