Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The screaming in your head doesn't come as a surprise.

I don't know much about Jota, but I looked up his stats v Werner. Apart from Celtic, he's only ever got to double figures (g&a) once. Werner has had 20+ in every season bar the last.

Based on that, what makes you think Jota would be a more creative winger?
Never seen this guy Werner or heard of this guy until today. How can I possible root for a guy I have never heard of before...

So I don't know, but like I said. Soloman was a free and he has impressed, so....

If Ange gave the nod, then I'll give him a chance as I said.

You could say it's a.... Wern-Wern situation!

I thank you!
...goodnight Tottenham, you've been a great crowd!
cant wait to see ur stand up netflix special
goodfellas-wiseguys.gif

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Never seen this guy Werner or heard of this guy until today. How can I possible root for a guy I have never heard of before...

So I don't know, but like I said. Soloman was a free and he has impressed, so....

He was playing in the Premier League for Chelsea only 2-3 seasons ago and you've never heard of him?

I believe 6 of those appearances are as sub. Don’t know how many minutes he’s got this yeyear

About 200, so not a lot to read in to the numbers this season. 16 in 40 last season all comps.

I read that Leipzig are looking to go the young and foreign route with their squad building and have spent relatively big on a couple of strikers of that mould in the summer - Werner obviously doesn't fit in to that approach and so is a casualty.

He was playing in the Premier League for Chelsea only 2-3 seasons ago and you've never heard of him?
Stopped watching spurs coz of the shit we was playing, pissed off too much, would only check the results every now and then. Missed most of Mourinho, all Nuno and about 80% of Cunti.

And as it was Chelsea, I really couldn't give a fuck about them in the slightest so had no idea who played for them.

Stopped watching spurs coz of the shit we was playing, pissed off too much, would only check the results every now and then. Missed most of Mourinho, all Nuno and about 80% of Cunti.

And as it was Chelsea, I really couldn't give a fuck about them in the slightest so had no idea who played for them.
Kind of strange that you get all hetup about signings, when you haven't even been following the game for the last few years.

Versatile, pacy forward with great movement who's brilliant off the ball. Yes, he needs to work on his finishing, but he has some outstanding attributes that make this a very savvy signing.

Listening to TS. Chavs not happy. Big plus.
No real cost if he cant be fixed. Big plus.
If he works out a Million cry Chavs ( when i say a Million, i mean about 7K). Priceless

Busy all day with flying home from London and then a mad local charity event all evening. Still haven't digested this one.. mad, kinda fun, who knows..

Potentially a lot of upside, but at the same time doesn’t excite me. Could end up being crap, could end up being very handy. I’ll chalk this one up as a decent punt.

Potentially a lot of upside, but at the same time doesn’t excite me. Could end up being crap, could end up being very handy. I’ll chalk this one up as a decent punt.
Agree except for the excited bit. I am excited.
Could be our Son replacement if the stars align.

Here is the thing about Werner for me after spending too much of the day thinking about it:

Ange is a student of the game and will undoubtedly have studied Nagelsmann at RB Leipzig because they were coming with an attacking style, with an intense pressing system.

He will have a very specific idea of what he's going to ask Werner to do, whereas when he was at chavski, Lampard was probably expecting to throw him out there and for him to just be good.

This isn't Danjuma for Conte who didn't think he had the ability to play as a wide 10 in his rigid system.

Phew, thought you were going to say a week

Let's hope it works out.

This view if our manager being a student of the gane hasn't worked im relation to Johnson.... as yet!!

I think Werner wikl be decent. What I do remember is that he puts in a shift.

The goals may or may not come.

All these are not filling me with confiedence.

Can't really judge a player until I see him, but if Ange gave the nod and it wasn't forced on him then I will give him a chance.

But in my head, I am screaming this is typical Levy move, we are pushing for a chance to win the league and he is take bargins rather than maybe investing in someone like Jota, who is also younger.

People have mentioned he is fast, but what is the point in that if he has no end product. We really need a creative winger.

Still Soloman was free, was identified by the clubs and have been very impressed with him, so I will cross my fingers and hope it turns out the same for Werner.

Sooo... let me get this straight...

- you dont know Timo Werner who:
played in WC and EUROS final tournament;
plus 2 seasons in EPL and 9 seasons in Bundesliga;
has 24 goals for Germany national side + 24 goal involvements in CL
had highest market value of 80 mil EUR and actual transfer where club paid 53 million for him

- but at the same time you know Jota
who has never been called up to his (Portugal) national side
also has never played in top 5 leagues
has 2 goal involvements in CL
had highest market value of 13 mil, though Saudis paid 29 mil for him in summer but now have not even played him in their joke league ?

In short -Werner is international star striker who was 2nd biggest goalscorer in top 4 league in his best season. Jota is 3rd rate winger who has never played on the top 4 leagues level and went for Saudis money at age of 24.

:D :D
Also if Jota would have joined, it would have also been a loan deal because literally Saudis do not even have him registred in their squad. And then you suggest that going for Werner instead is ... Levy being cheap ? :D :D

That is either very subtle trolling OR most random set of football knowledge everyone has ever seen :D .

Last edited:

All upside. It's a loan, hopefully with a player who wants to play for his country at the Euros and stil with a point to prove.

My only concern is that in a so called "Farmer's League" where Kane is already into 'triple figures', Werner has scored 2 in 8 games...

He seems like he has a good work ethic, and attitude though, which Ange clearly rates as - if not more - important than just goals alone...

Maybe he is a Richie alternative, but I wonder if we've been forced into this after Veliz's injury (and Son being away of course!)

Bit unfair comparison.
It was already mentioned that he hasnt been the managers pick and he only has 200 minutes under his belt (and 2 in 200 aint too bad).
Other thing is that Bundesliga might be "farmers league", but very different situation if you play for Bayern or any other side. Level of chances that your teammates create for you differ a lot.

Not saying that he will be some total superstar, just pointing out that comparison is not very good.
This is a punt to help with depth, not one-on-one Kane replacement :)

I read that Leipzig are looking to go the young and foreign route with their squad building and have spent relatively big on a couple of strikers of that mould in the summer - Werner obviously doesn't fit in to that approach and so is a casualty.
...but he is foreign!!!

oh, hang on...
:pochrolleyes::harrysmile::sherwoodlol::adeohshit::sonpoint::ange-facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom