Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

About 200, so not a lot to read in to the numbers this season. 16 in 40 last season all comps.

I read that Leipzig are looking to go the young and foreign route with their squad building and have spent relatively big on a couple of strikers of that mould in the summer - Werner obviously doesn't fit in to that approach and so is a casualty.

RB 23/24 = 1 x G/A (2+1) every 128mins.
RB 22/23 = 1 x G/A (16+6) every 128mins.
CFC 21/22 = 1 x G/A (11+6) every 130mins.
CFC 20/21 = 1 x G/A (12+15) every 141mins.
RB 19/20 = 1 x G/A (34+13) every 76mins.

Those Chav stats aren't particularly bad...... Famous for his misses it seems.

I'm even less of a fan of this signing than I was of Richarlison. At least it's a loan

However, to add a little balance. My Chelsea supporting friend always liked him.
Said today that he works hard, Chelsea fans all loved him. Also felt if not for VAR, and missing sitters, he'd have scored closer to 40 than 20.

I look forward to all our forwards missing sitters and/or being offside all the time then.

Phew, thought you were going to say a week

Let's hope it works out.

This view if our manager being a student of the gane hasn't worked im relation to Johnson.... as yet!!

I think Werner wikl be decent. What I do remember is that he puts in a shift.

The goals may or may not come.

Johnson learning how to be the player Ange needs him to be, didn’t mean Ange isn’t a student of the game.

Ange knowing how he wants to use Werner also don’t mean that will work. I’m just saying there is at least a plan to this imo. Danjuma was just bosh tactics because he was available.

I'm even less of a fan of this signing than I was of Richarlison. At least it's a loan

However, to add a little balance. My Chelsea supporting friend always liked him.
Said today that he works hard, Chelsea fans all loved him. Also felt if not for VAR, and missing sitters, he'd have scored closer to 40 than 20.

I look forward to all our forwards missing sitters and/or being offside all the time then.

If he’d scored 40 he’d never have left.

It’s easily possible that Werner scores 10 goals by the end of the season and tbh that will do.

If he works hard and helps us press that’s a decent January loan pick up. The problem is chavski thought he was their new Hazard and Spurs fans are already starting to expect too much from him. He will miss frustrating chances here as well.

If he’d scored 40 he’d never have left.

It’s easily possible that Werner scores 10 goals by the end of the season and tbh that will do.

If he works hard and helps us press that’s a decent January loan pick up. The problem is chavski thought he was their new Hazard and Spurs fans are already starting to expect too much from him. He will miss frustrating chances here as well.
We just sold the best 9 in the world.
We're allowed to expect better than someone who failed at one of our rivals and isn't even reviving himself at his old club.

We just sold the best 9 in the world.
We're allowed to expect better than someone who failed at one of our rivals and isn't even reviving himself at his old club.
If we are signing Werner to be his replacement sure.

I don’t think we are though and I doubt we could get that quality of striker in January anyway.

We need 6 forwards:

Son
Johnson
Richy
Kulusevski
Solomon

If Deki moves to 10 or we decide to move Solomon on, then we need 2 more. Is Werner one of those long term? Probably not

It's an area that needs addressing and we've acted quickly. It's a loan in an area that we're desperate for reinforcements in. It could go either way it has potential to be a great signing but people won't be surprised if it doesn't work out. If it works out we sign him cheap if not we fuck him off back to Germany. I think it's good business.

I think Werner could be a great signing, before he joined Chelsea he was awesome. By all accounts Werner was quite liked at Chelsea but didn't seem to have much luck there.

Confidence is a big thing and with Ange being able to get the most out of players this could work out quite well.

A loan with the option to buy seems like a good bit of business.

I like the signing. I know a lot will be thinking that it's a cheap option, Chelsea flop,etc. but IMO there are plenty of positives.

For one, there's minimal risk. A 6-month loan with an optional rather than mandatory buy clause puts us in control.

You'd expect him to be eager to impress, effectively playing for another Premier League contract, and Ange has always liked players with something to prove.

He'll be in early and is able to cover a few different positions, which could prove valuable given our injuries and missing players. He suits Ange's still of play pretty well I think. And Ange has seen him up close twice against Celtic in Europe.

So do we think Ange throws him right in at Old Trafford?

And if so, on the left or up top?

I think he's shown when we signed van de Ven that he isn't afraid of starting new signings, even with minimal training.

It's a stop gap signing in a position we're light in with the potential to be made permanent if he impresses - if he doesn't then we move on to other targets in the summer when the chances of landing top quality attackers increase tenfold. People throwing shade at this deal seem to be under the impression we should be going in to the market mid-season to buy a player to irrefutably upgrade our attack when we already have our RW options and Son nailed down for the foreseeable and with Richarlson just starting to get going - basically unrealistic expectations or a lack of common sense

So do we think Ange throws him right in at Old Trafford?

And if so, on the left or up top?

I think he's shown when we signed van de Ven that he isn't afraid of starting new signings, even with minimal training.
Will be interesting.

I’d like to see him as a 9, with Richie / Johnson either side and Kulu behind.

Back
Top Bottom