Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tim sherwood's man management is far worse than AVB's. Capoue has been frozen out, Holtby has been told to piss offf, Chadli's agent said he wants to leave, Lloris suggests he is going. You can't see past your blind hatred for AVB, that sherwood is a clueless prick.We need someone with brain and real managerial experience in the summer. that's Van gaal for me.

But we don't, right now we have Timmy and we have to give him support to do the job in front of him.
It is worth noting though that we have racked up a good few points under him and for that I am happy. Yes last night was a bad result against a team that are playing absolutely out of their skin but it's not all doom and gloom, we could be Hammers fans and could end up being relegated. Let's just wait and see what happens in the summer before we all kill each other.

We have had teams slicing us open over and over and over again. Southampton (3 points), Swansea (3 points) Manure (3 points) ,Palace (3 points). Fortunately Ade turns up in some of these games and our oppoinents lacked the quality up front to more damageThis all comes down to not starting a holding midfielder. farr to many 1 v 1 and you simply not put Dawson in a 1 v 1 vs ageuro. It is common sense, you don't put a steaming iron against your face and you simply not not leave a vulnerable defence open against one of the best attacking teams in the premier league.

#BlindHatred

Tim sherwood's man management is far worse than AVB's. Capoue has been frozen out, Holtby has been told to piss offf, Chadli's agent said he wants to leave, Lloris suggests he is going. You can't see past your blind hatred for AVB, that sherwood is a clueless prick.We need someone with brain and real managerial experience in the summer. that's Van gaal for me.
you made all of that up!
You don't know any of that -
strange that 2 of the people you mentioned came on and one of them featured in the last game
none of them would likely play if the squad was 100% fit.

Don't understand the distain towards TimSher at the minute.
He's doing well on the whole. He has a lot to learn, thats for sure but if he's picking up points along the way that doesn't bother me. In my head he won't be here come next September, not as head coach anyway. Maybe theres a chance if we make the top 4 but i'm doubtful either way. Against Man Citeh our luck truly ran out, two knife edge decisions went against us, can't really blame the linesman for either as from his point of view they both looked pretty obvious, the glaring need for a 'rugby style replay' is the only thing that annoys me, an absolute joke football doesn't have that capability. Anyhow i'm sure we will pick up another six points in the next two weeks, hopefully Townsend to come back and sort out the left wing dilemma and Paulinho and Sandro to sure up the central midfield.

Don't understand the distain towards TimSher at the minute.
sylvain-distin-2009-8-28-10-41-49.jpg

YAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN

We have had teams slicing us open over and over and over again. Southampton, Swansea, Manure,Palace. Fortunately Ade turns up in some of these games and our oppoinents lacked the quality up front to more damageThis all comes down to not starting a holding midfielder. farr to many 1 v 1 and you simply not put Dawson in a 1 v 1 vs ageuro. It is common sense, you don't put a steaming iron against your face and you simply not not leave a vulnerable defence open against one of the best attacking teams in the premier league.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK

'Intent' to play the ball automatically renders the player active - read the rules.
This is wrong.
For the last time - Dawson was offside at the time Ade attempted to play the ball with his head
So what? If Ade had made contact with the ball he would've been the one playing the pass, but he didn't. Dawson was onside when Eriksen took the freekick.
FIFA governs the game, not the FA
Their rules are one and the same.

Here's a handy image from the rulebook regarding Law 11
22843c3d155184ded7e643a151d40347.png

If the linesmen had conferred and decided Adebayor was interfering with an opponent (he clearly wasn't) then that would be one thing but the decision was given against Dawson and was very very wrong.

Kind of makes a massive assumption that Sherwood will drop Bentaleb - he seems obsessed by the guy, for whatever reason.
I don't think he will drop Bentaleb to be honest, don't think he has to, against the weaker opposition we have faced he seems to thrive, I do agree though that Sherwood has proved his point now that Bentaleb is a very decent player, but surely with Paulinho and Sandro coming back he's got to switch it about a bit:sandro:

The goal should have stood.

When Eriksen played the ball Dawson was onside. The only way he would've been rendered offside is if Adebayor made contact with the ball.

If the linesman had flagged Ade offside, he would've been correct as Ade interfered with play.

It is a tough call for the linesman as he cannot see Zabaleta and therefore cannot judge whether Dawson is onside or not.

The only similar situation I can think of is if someone dummied the ball from a freekick, at which time a player is offside but when another player actually takes the freekick they are back in an onside position. The player who dummied it had intent to kick it and interfered with play but never did so the player cannot be adjudged offside.

On Sherwood, he has so far proved that he is more than capable of doing the job. Last night he got it wrong with his initial selection and Bentaleb looked a bit lost against a player of Toure's calibre. Whether playing Capoue would have made any difference I don't know. He did okay when he came on, gave the ball away a couple of time but he definitely wasn't alone in that crime.

You could say that Tim was slightly unlucky in that we had a couple of big decisions go against us. On top of that Man City are far superior at the moment, they probably would've beaten us no matter what side we picked.

I am a self confessed fan of Sherwood but we can only truly pass judgement on him at the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom