THFC vs Wigwam Athletic (AWAY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We love to give away pointless free kicks, don't we?

Countless times today a Wigan player was struggling in possession and about to give the ball away and we step in and save their necks with a clumsy half-arsed tackle............we let teams off so easily and pile the pressure on ourselves at the same time.

To be fair, relegation sides are always harder at the end of the season,mostly because it's the time they suddenley wake up and think "shit, we've run out of time".

....and also cos strictly speaking, they aren't relegation sides at the beginning of the season!!! But I see your point! I'm just being a facetious cunt!

We love to give away pointless free kicks, don't we?

Countless times today a Wigan player was struggling in possession and about to give the ball away and we step in and save their necks with a clumsy half-arsed tackle............we let teams off so easily and pile the pressure on ourselves at the same time.
It's definatly a problem but its not exclusive to us, it's just heightened because of the passion, especially at this point in the season.

Its the final games of the season and they are bound to throw up some unusual negative results for all teams, hopefully we get the least amount of them.

and this is the exact problem, we 'waste' those 2 bonus points with this draw, we didn't capitalise them.
My point being, with hindsight, there wasn't any bonus points before a ball was kicked. If you had asked me before last weekends game if I would take 4 points from the next 2 fixtures, I would of said yes please, bearing in mind a city loss and a Wigan win would have been most people's assumption. That would have got us 3 points, not the 4 that we actually picked up.

I think that third kit is cursed - Leeds away, Woolwich away, QPR away, Man City away, today etc. Have we even won a game wearing that strip?

Reading & Southampton back in September/October time are the only two I can think of this season?

Kone may have had similar service, but he also had acres to run in to. They - and also we - congested the space in and around the box.

I thought Huddlestone lost control of the game in the second half when Wigan began to press him, and his lofted balls simply weren't going to unlock a team that was sitting that deep.

I think that third kit is cursed - Leeds away, Woolwich away, QPR away, Man City away, today etc. Have we even won a game wearing that strip?

Reading & Southampton back in September/October time are the only two I can think of this season?

Didn't we have this kit at Sunderland ?

I heard three chants in the second half from our end, pardon me if I'm wrong and it was just my stream, but that is piss poor. Outsung by Wigan ffs

Back
Top Bottom