The Striker Dossier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Save your patronising bullshit, fella - anyone of those players would fit in our system and improve the starting 11 - Prtichard is one for the future but nowhere near that level yet. Youth promotion is great but can only take us far

Tell me - who do you want us to sign this summer seeing you appear very much content with your current forwards situation. In reality we've been absolutely ducking like tragic bar the Kane miracle.
I'll take Timo Werner and either Ings or Austin. I would be spending the money on a really good DM (chosen by Mitchell and Pochettino), and then likely holding off on spending anything.

The problem with the team isn't that we need to spend a ton of money. We need to get rid of the players who don't fit, and then only bring upgrades which suit Pochettino. He has said he wants to rely on youth and likes the Academy. We have several players next year who are ready to be a part of the first team either as back-ups, or potentially starters.

That'll work fine. The issue is that some positions, notably DM and striker don't have anyone from the Academy ready for that. So we should focus there.

One, maybe two destroyers to pair with Bentaleb and Mason, and two back-up strikers for Kane (ideally Werner and Ings). The rest is entirely optional depending on what Pochettino feels about the players he currently has.

It's a young team which will get better with experience and comfort in the system. The players we currently have are by no means finished products, even Kane and Eriksen.

This thread is just a piss take, half of the players on the first page will never come to us, Dybala already overpriced, he is being touted for far more than the 17-23m price estimate. Aubameyang already said levy had urinated on him spiritually. martial why would he leave a CL club to be a backup to Kane? Muniain will not leave Bilbao unless for a huge club, too loyal. he also has a long term injury so levy will never risk him. Bolasie is the only remotely realistic transfer and he is not even a striker ffs.

Arcspace..two questions for you..

1) What would you say our priority is for next season (positions wise i mean...put it in the order you think is most important)?

2) How much do you think we will spend (net spend)?
What an odd question! Net spend is irrelevant. The price we get for our sales should not reflect on what we spend. We should buy who/what we need based on the clubs financial position to do so. Player sales are simply a portion of income. TV money annually far exceeds our sales (Bale aside).

Has anyone ever actually watched half these players on regular basis?

I have a feeling some people are basing their opinions on FM and FIFA, I mean come on... Timo Werner!

What an odd question! Net spend is irrelevant. The price we get for our sales should not reflect on what we spend. We should buy who/what we need based on the clubs financial position to do so. Player sales are simply a portion of income. TV money annually far exceeds our sales (Bale aside).
Net spend is irrelevant? oh wow.

Danny Ings is our best bet. Free,hard worker,can play on the wing,fairly proven in the league,(hopefully) won't mind playing back up to Kane.

We should be all over this deal.

Was this that ludicrous exchange deal with Kaboul that was mooted in January.

I just don't know why you would suggest him when you know next to fuck all about him.
Just because your knowledge is limited to MotD, doesn't mean everyone else is, love

Xxo

Has anyone ever actually watched half these players on regular basis?

I have a feeling some people are basing their opinions on FM and FIFA, I mean come on... Timo Werner!

Precisely mate, this thread awash with Baldinis love children

I have half a mind to create a Youtube video for Andros, the England goals the few things he has done right, and send it to a Fiorentina fan board to see if they fall for the same shit

Precisely mate, this thread awash with Baldinis love children

I have half a mind to create a Youtube video for Andros, the England goals the few things he has done right, and send it to a Fiorentina fan board to see if they fall for the same shit
Don't be silly, mate

Was this that ludicrous exchange deal with Kaboul that was mooted in January.

I just don't know why you would suggest him when you know next to fuck all about him.
I know fuck all about Wimmer, yet Pochettino and Mitchell seem to feel he's their guy. Werner's in the same mould.

They're not playing this based on who we know, they're trying to play this by finding people we (and other clubs) specifically don't know.

Don't be silly, mate

Oh Its Friday let me be silly!!

You see my point though, Spurs are in that weird space where one of these things happen:

1) A forward goes on a nice run for 6 months scores goals - we buy them and it turns out to be a one off and they cant cut it in Premier League

2) A forward actually shows some real form and does if for a couple of seasons - and we are interested, at this point they will either want champions league football or a bigger side comes in for them, or even worse, nobody else comes in for them which is a sign we really haven't done the due diligence as if they were THAT good someone would swipe them.

Yes of course there are exceptions, but its really difficult for us, plus we don't have a good history of spending money well so probably are apprehensive to go in the 20's again

Sorry mate .
swan-vesta-lg-matchesfull.jpg

Agree with what Poch said about this transfers window, we have to be quick and cute. Ings would fit that, I also believe Afellay who would be free as well would fit what we are looking for, his teammate Pedro would be amazing but he might be out of range.

More than happy to go for Barca, Real Madrid rejects as their rejects are bloody amazing, would have already won lots of stuff and therefore could probably accept a step down and would be in desperation to play football again rather than sit on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom