The Striker Dossier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Berahino would still be a good capture dependent on price of course (anything above £15m and i wouldn't really risk it). Ings is another option and wouldn't cost much...i rate Benteke but Villa would ask for too much. I know it's not cool bringing up non foreign based strikers but there you go.

I have a sneaky feeling we will be in for Charlie Austin if QPR get relegated.

Is Coulthirst matured enough to step up ?

In terms of technical ability he looks good enough to become fringe player in senior team whilst developing but I'm not sure if he has the mental strength and determination to become premier league player.

Berahino would still be a good capture dependent on price of course (anything above £15m and i wouldn't really risk it). Ings is another option and wouldn't cost much...i rate Benteke but Villa would ask for too much. I know it's not cool bringing up non foreign based strikers but there you go.

I have a sneaky feeling we will be in for Charlie Austin if QPR get relegated.
If the price is good, all of those options could work well. Benteke may not want to come though, just because he'd likely not want to go from being a starter to a bench-warmer.

how dare u prove a player wont come to us. this is against this threads rule. u must pretend we can sign anyone except hernandez.
He hasn't 'proven' anything you shameless troll - this thread is not meant to 'prove' anything' either - it's merely a discussion platform.

Last edited:
What happens if/when Kane is injured?
Then we play the back-up. The point is the club have said they are reluctant to spend more than £15 million on a player, and players who think they are as good as Kane aren't going to tolerate sitting on the bench behind the hometown hero.

What happens if/when Kane is injured?
Austin has proven he can score/perform in this league and will not cost 'that' much if QPR go down. Of course it's still a risk but it's not as much a risk as signing one of these exotic foreign named sounding strikers that look the business in other leagues but fail to adapt in this one.

We need a Defensive mid to partner Benteleb and a creative attacking mid (be it a left sided forward or a central attacking mid and Eriksen moves to the left) far more than a back up striker.

If anyone. Would much rather Ings. He's better than the other two English strikers in Austin and Berahino and he will be cheaper.

Then we play the back-up. The point is the club have said they are reluctant to spend more than £15 million on a player, and players who think they are as good as Kane aren't going to tolerate sitting on the bench behind the hometown hero.
So we basically throw the season away then?

Or instead we can invest in a versatile wide player who can be deployed in number of forward positions and play in Chadli / Tosnwend's role or behind Kane without having to sit bench all season

Austin has proven he can score/perform in this league and will not cost 'that' much if QPR go down. Of course it's still a risk but it's not as much a risk as signing one of these exotic foreign named sounding strikers that look the business in other leagues but fail to adapt in this one.

We need a Defensive mid to partner Benteleb and a creative attacking mid (be it a left sided forward or a central attacking mid and Eriksen moves to the left) far more than a back up striker.
Why would you want to move our best creative mid out wide?

We cannot afford to compete for a full season with one quality forward player, no top team in recent history has ever done that.

If anyone. Would much rather Ings. He's better than the other two English strikers in Austin and Berahino and he will be cheaper.
I would also prefer Ings to Austin (as i think he's the superior player) and Berahino (simply because Ings would cost less) but there will be other teams in for him.

Put it this way...i wouldn't be at all unhappy if we signed any of them (for a decent price). Also helps that Ings can also play in a support striker and left sided attacking midfield role which he has done in the past.

If Jay Rodriguez can prove his fitness he would be a pretty good signing too.

I would also prefer Ings to Austin (as i think he's the superior player) and Berahino (simply because Ings would cost less) but there will be other teams in for him.

Put it this way...i wouldn't be at all unhappy if we signed any of them (for a decent price). Also helps that Ings can also play in a support striker and left sided attacking midfield role which he has done in the past.

If Jay Rodriguez can prove his fitness he would be a pretty good signing too.

I also think Ings suits our play better. I wouldn't mind Berahino or Ings. I have heard nothing but questionable things about Berahinos attitude so will be interesting to see how he'd react to arguably being back up. Although he, like Rodriguez would be more than capable of playing left forward.

I'd also like Rodriguez, barring fitness issues.

Why would you want to move our best creative mid out wide?

We cannot afford to compete for a full season with one quality forward player, no top team in recent history has ever done that.
Eriksen plays better on the left when he ghosts in imo. He is deadly in that position because his movement is so good that he is 9 times out of 10 not tracked by the opposition defender (most of his goals last season was from that position and quite a lot this season too).

When he starts from a central position he is not as effective imo. It's easier for the opposition defence to mark him out the game if he's starting from a central attacking position. Ideally i would bring in a central attacking midfielder with genuine pace and creative ability and let Eriksen do his damage from the attacking left position coming inside.

Back
Top Bottom