The Striker Dossier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone think about Klass Jan Huntelaar? I mentioned him in previous seasons being our main striker.

Doesn't look like Schalke will be getting CL football either this season. 31 now, getting on a bit too, may not mind backup...

Any chance people?
In a heartbeat

How much was Lamela and Soldado, Bluemoon cunt-faced turd muncher?
How much had we sold Bale for?

Yes, Levy was enthusiastically backing AVB to the hilt. But we overspent badly because everyone knew we had the money, and the eagerness to shop. It didn't deliver on the pitch.

The club have said they don't want to do that again. That's not me saying they won't. That's Daniel Levy saying he won't.

You need to recognize what the club is saying here. That kind of spending, and those kinds of targets, are off the table.

Can't we just clone Harry?
We're working on it.
2789525-mad_scientist.jpg

Has come from nowhere and is perhaps a bit of a gamble. Would be a kind of transfer we always used to make, not sure Mitchell and co will sign him.

I wouldn't call the Eresdivisie "nowhere" ... he's just been a bit injured.

Looks very much suited to the PL. Much less of a gamble than the other names in first page of this thread.

Anyone think about Klass Jan Huntelaar? I mentioned him in previous seasons being our main striker.

Doesn't look like Schalke will be getting CL football either this season. 31 now, getting on a bit too, may not mind backup...

Any chance people?
Don't think he'd settle for the bench at Spurs.

Also not sure he'd suit the Premier League. Thought about this a lot over the years and just not sure he'd deal with the pace of the league.

Also, on the wrong side of 30, don't think we should consider him.

Yes, Levy was enthusiastically backing AVB to the hilt. But we overspent badly because everyone knew we had the money, and the eagerness to shop. It didn't deliver on the pitch.

The club have said they don't want to do that again. That's not me saying they won't. That's Daniel Levy saying he won't.

You need to recognize what the club is saying here. That kind of spending, and those kinds of targets, are off the table.
Spending £110m is not the same as £30m. We could buy a big player if we wanted and needed. But it'd have to be the right player. We've had our fingers burnt a few times now so we'll be very apprehensive at spending that kind of money. But it's not out of our range.

Don't think he'd settle for the bench at Spurs.

Also not sure he'd suit the Premier League. Thought about this a lot over the years and just not sure he'd deal with the pace of the league.

Also, on the wrong side of 30, don't think we should consider him.

Spending £110m is not the same as £30m. We could buy a big player if we wanted and needed. But it'd have to be the right player. We've had our fingers burnt a few times now so we'll be very apprehensive at spending that kind of money. But it's not out of our range.

It is according to the club. I realize they could make an exception, but they have explicitly said they're not focusing on spending that kind of money.

Why do you keep stating these bizarre assumptions as facts? Do you have inside info? I somewhat doubt it - therefore your comment is conjecture at best.

I wouldn't call the Eresdivisie "nowhere" ... he's just been a bit injured.

Looks very much suited to the PL. Much less of a gamble than the other names in first page of this thread.

Well, I think it's fair to say that it was a surprise that he took off since January though. I'm personally not sure how long it lasts.

Why do you keep stating these bizarre assumptions as facts? Do you have inside info? I somewhat doubt it - therefore your comment is conjecture at best.
I wasn't aware that the Supporter's Trust meetings with the Spurs Board were considered insider info.

https://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/thstthfc-board-to-board-meeting-minutes-30-march-2015

Point 4:

-THFC’s transfer comfort zone was with younger players around the £10-15m price range and they would look to return to that policy
-Was felt that moving away from this strategy in Summer 2013 hadn’t worked well for THFC, however, DL was keen to stress the Club had backed the Coach and Technical Director with those purchases

I wasn't aware that the Supporter's Trust meetings with the Spurs Board were considered insider info.

https://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/thstthfc-board-to-board-meeting-minutes-30-march-2015

Point 4:

-THFC’s transfer comfort zone was with younger players around the £10-15m price range and they would look to return to that policy
-Was felt that moving away from this strategy in Summer 2013 hadn’t worked well for THFC, however, DL was keen to stress the Club had backed the Coach and Technical Director with those purchases
Disagree in 5...4...3...2...1...

Point 4:

Evidently - they're considered as gospel? Come on, fella - we both know what these meetings are

Evidently - they're considered as gospel? Come on, fella - we both know what these meetings are
Yup, the only example of the club going on the record in print. If they wanted to say that they're open to spending whatever it took, they would. It's hardly any skin off their nose. They could very easily say they will spend more than that. Instead they explicitly gave a price range.

They didn't need to, but they did. You can go believing what you want, but in the absence of any contradictory evidence, I think I'll believe what the club says about how their preference to spend less on transfers.

Yup, the only example of the club going on the record in print. If they wanted to say that they're open to spending whatever it took, they would. It's hardly any skin off their nose. They could very easily say they will spend more than that. Instead they explicitly gave a price range.

They didn't need to, but they did. You can go believing what you want, but in the absence of any contradictory evidence, I think I'll believe what the club says about how their preference to spend less on transfers.
It means absolutely nothing and you know it as well as I do - becoming aggressive over discussing potential targets who would improve the team - well, who would have thought it ... Forgive me for wanting to move forward and compete. Else the fact DL even mentions
4th these days is quite frankly fucking laughable

Back
Top Bottom