The race for top four.

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Bazali

Masterchef
Do we have it in our legs to mega-press for a good 60/70 mins?

We were at our pressing best when bossing the MF and with peak KW/DR.

- Vic & Dier don't much in their legs for differing reasons (I sense we see both on the basis of neither lasting a whole game anyway).
- No Winks to recycle the ball.
- FBs are struggling for end product. No aggression at RWB.

Meanwhile what are the strengths of those we have available... 2 pacey attackers (Son & Lucas), 2 technical/creative players (albeit needing to find a flash of top form for the occasion - CE/DA) and physicality in the middle (MS/VD/ED). Even if we don't intend to play through the middle we must be prepared to win the match there, so how do we get the best out of the CMs we have available? Let's not subject then to more running than necessary.

I'm sure someone will be able to set me straight, why not just let the FBs be FBs + 2 CMs. Press aggressively accross the attacking line(s) without over-committing in terms of high back line or number of bodies overall. Sissoko being the more mobile of the 2 can also join the press where required.

Might look stupid on paper, but:

Boss
RB / TA / JV / LB
Lucas / Sissoko / Vic / Son
Eriksen / Dele

or if not:

Boss
RB / TA / JV / LB
Sissoko / Vic
Lucas / Eriksen / Son
Dele

Either way those 2 wide boys got some running to do.
Not sure Big Vic has 90 mins in him anymore
Sadly

Register to remove

AcrossThePond

Tottenham till I die
I agree with your assessment of his quality, but I favored signing him because he is a good young player. If our standard is the a player has to be as good as Hazard, it's slim pickings. Besides, Levy could sell a few of his shirts over here.
Agree 100%, i wanted him with Spurs badly. Partly for his potential, but mostly it's selfish nationalism.

Register to remove

I honestly don’t rate him, never seemed to do anything against us when we played them and got pushed out of the team by Sancho.
I agree, I don't think Pulisic is world-class (yet), but on that point he is an international for the US and the extra income and fan base generated by having a high-profile US player would be very beneficial to the long-term aims of the club. Sonny is the absolute steal of the century as far that goes and he didn't set the world on fire in his first season.

Airfixx

"A spoonful of sugar..."
Talksport is gold right now.....

City: Even if we lose the league, we've had an amazing season.................. We were in all the competitions til the end..... Then goes on to compare themselves to Wigan. :pritchardeyes:

Since when was the QFs the end of the CL, bitch?

We really don't want a thread like this next season. It's the equivalent of having a relegation thread - make no mistake about it, we've narrowly avoided relegation to the Europa League. We need investment to make sure we're not run this close again.

Hey guys, if Woolwich and Chelsea draw the Europa League Final does that mean we are out of the Champions League!??!!?!

Blanchflower

Supporter
We really don't want a thread like this next season. It's the equivalent of having a relegation thread - make no mistake about it, we've narrowly avoided relegation to the Europa League. We need investment to make sure we're not run this close again.

Should really be changed to 'The Race For Top Three' now. :kanehand:

Mrs Perryman

I'm a Cockney Malteser
I still haven't got over Lasagnagate or Newcastle away when they had already been relegated.
The scars still run deep and I'm not sure I would ever recover if the supposingly impossible happened and we missed out.
I know I'm being super pessimistic but that's what 52 years of supporting this Club does to you.
Costing me a fortune in Clairol too!

Luckily Burnley have something to play for gaining a place and £2m per place?
Emery won't risk his players if they are pushed this Thursday.

He will take his chance in a game where they start 0 - 0.

It's up to us to be professional and just see the game through in a sensible way.

There should bd no stress if we have someone talking on the pitch.

Register to remove

Top Bottom