The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tell Southgate to rest Kane ffs:pochsulk:
Kane had 6 weeks off, so he shouldn’t be too tired. No matches this week either. I’m not worried about the international break, especially for our European based squad. Son has to fly all the way back to Korea though, but he seems invulnerable to international travel this year.

Wasteful and their luck ran out. If they fall back to Earth then they’ll be 6th - their schedule does them no favors.
Chelsea,city,wolves and spammers though wouldn’t have thought spammers will put up a fight until 27th April cup final day for them!

Woolwich have 5 away games left. They've only won 5 all season so I'd be very surprised if they are able to double their tally with a 100% record for the rest of the campaign
Can we please stop saying this, I get more anxious by every post saying Woolwich are going to bottle it. The more we hope and wish for them to lose, the better they'll play.

We know very well from experience that they can start demolishing these lower table sides like they're nothing once they get going and just like when we started singing 'You're going down' at Southampton, look what happened...

We have hit this dip at the worst possible time.....Im going to say it here, fuck not signing players and feeling sorry for ourselves for not being able to keep pace at the top, and running off excuse after excuse (granted, some well justified) but let’s set the marker down....
If this team can’t get over the top 4 line considering the position we were in then I’m going to fully admit we are a bunch of bottlers, and there’s no point hiding from the fact, I’ll even buy the new shirt with Bottle 19 on the back for next season!!!
Let’s wake up guys and start winning again....COYS!!!

Can we please stop saying this, I get more anxious by every post saying Woolwich are going to bottle it. The more we hope and wish for them to lose, the better they'll play.

We know very well from experience that they can start demolishing these lower table sides like they're nothing once they get going and just like when we started singing 'You're going down' at Southampton, look what happened...

Don't be so precious about it mate. If anyone genuinely believes these kind of things jinx what happens in real life they're having a laugh.

Long and short of it is they've got tricky away games and their away form isn't exactly sparkling. What will be will be, ultimately we are still the team sitting in 3rd.

I thought that after the Burnley match, then the Chelsea match then the Woolwich match but nothing seems to be changing.
We have given them the hope and momentum.
Next Monday night we will be behind Woolwich and it was only 16 days ago we were 10 points clear..
Would love a great performance and win against Liverpool but I just can’t see it I’m afraid as we don’t seem to be worried by recent results.

This is it exactly..... Woolwich, Man U and Chelsea are full of individual divas and when things aren't going their way they tend to coast around and then the lack of any fight becomes a self fulfilling prophecy of averageness.

What we have singlehandedly managed to do in these last 4 games is to give those 3 teams a massive shot of hope right in their arms and it appears that all the individual divas have woken aup and become interested again... Whereas before they weren't bothering as it looked like top 3 was out of the equation.

Whichever way you look at it this a monumental cock up....

1 point from Burnley, Chelsea, Woolwich and Southampton is just utter shite..... Add Liverpool to that and we could be looking at point from the last 15.

I am so upset with this crap.. .. They did not look like they gave a toss yesterday second half and that is a massive middle finger to the fans and the club.

We don’t need to worry about Woolwich, we need to worry about getting back on track.

Tell Southgate to rest Kane ffs:pochsulk:

I used to think that as well..... But it just doesn't pan out like that..... These players seem to be at their best when they are thrashed and facing games thick and fast.... If anything giving them a break has appeared to coincide with them having the worst form ever.

Thrash the pants out of them I say and try and exhaust them into something resembling form.

Think Woolwich winning might be best. United was on terrific form and will probably get back to that, but I really think gooners will drop more points. chelsea draw was fine, though they should have lost. We can do this.

I think Woolwich are going to win out their remaining fixtures in the PL because these cunts have an absolute hard-on for finishing above us, it means everything to them, not trophies, just finishing above us, it’s sad.

That being said, if they do finish above us I will be embarrassed after the gap we had over them and I know they aren't a better team than us, that will literally be a case of the league table lying.

I think Woolwich are going to win out their remaining fixtures in the PL because these cunts have an absolute hard-on for finishing above us, it means everything to them, not trophies, just finishing above us, it’s sad.

That being said, if they do finish above us I will be embarrassed after the gap we had over them and I know they aren't a better team than us, that will literally be a case of the league table lying.

Spot on.

In 2013 after we beat them 2-1 at WHL and AVB made his 'negative spiral' comment, they went on title-winning form for the rest of the season and finished above us by a point.

So sick of our complacent, moronic players.

Spot on.

In 2013 after we beat them 2-1 at WHL and AVB made his 'negative spiral' comment, they went on title-winning form for the rest of the season and finished above us by a point.

So sick of our complacent, moronic players.

If their players smell an opportunity to get on social media and start ripping the piss out of spurs they will because the entire DNA of their club is basically trying to get one over on us.

They don’t have the ambition to win trophies or be successful, everything they seem to do revolves around them thinking success means getting one over on spurs.

But make no mistake, that is motivation enough for them.

Think Woolwich winning might be best. United was on terrific form and will probably get back to that, but I really think gooners will drop more points. chelsea draw was fine, though they should have lost. We can do this.

If you'd have offered me today's results at the start of the day I'd have probably taken it. I don't want to see Woolwich win but they were at home and were for that reason favourites so no surprises there but Chelsea dropping two points at home to Wolves is a big relief.

If you'd have offered me Chelsea dropping two points, regardless of what the result in the Woolwich vs United game I'd have taken that. Two of the teams chasing us dropping points is far better than just one dropping points today it's not been a terrible day at all when lookinat the reality of it all and what could have happened.

If their players smell an opportunity to get on social media and start ripping the piss out of spurs they will because the entire DNA of their club is basically trying to get one over on us.

They don’t have the ambition to win trophies or be successful, everything they seem to do revolves around them thinking success means getting one over on spurs.

But make no mistake, that is motivation enough for them.

As you say, it's pathetic.

Nothing seems to motivate our players.

Back
Top Bottom