The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Win all our games except Pool and City.. anything less is unacceptable
I know you are reading this Poch! Happy monday to you

I know we have had a horrible run just lately but why can’t we win at Anfield? Everyone has already accepted we have lost this and city away, why? They have had a terrible run as well just lately, it’s also a must win for them if they want the league, and it’s a free hit for us? The pressure is off, and we have a fully fit squad (before they go away on internationals) so Let’s get our season back on track and what better way to do it than saving the whole world from pool winning the league!

I've got a feeling we'll get something at Anfield (providing we eradicate the brain fart defending). Draw most likely right now but that result could be a springboard for a good run at the end. There would be 7 games left, 5 of them at the NWHL against mid-lower table sides.

We will get fuck all from Liverpool and fuck all from city , that’s why beating Southampton was so important , because it compensates for those two losses.

I've got a feeling we'll get something at Anfield (providing we eradicate the brain fart defending). Draw most likely right now but that result could be a springboard for a good run at the end. There would be 7 games left, 5 of them at the NWHL against mid-lower table sides.

We have no chance at Anfield mate, unless Liverpool shit the bed because of nerves in the title race.

But saying that, we could shit the bed trying to hold on to a CL spot, this is why this scenario is bad for us, plus our record at Anfield is not good.

I just don’t see it and I am as optimistic as they come, I would love if we got something from that game but being realistic it is very unlikely.

That being said, football is weird and anything can happen.

I know we have had a horrible run just lately but why can’t we win at Anfield? Everyone has already accepted we have lost this and city away, why? They have had a terrible run as well just lately, it’s also a must win for them if they want the league, and it’s a free hit for us? The pressure is off, and we have a fully fit squad (before they go away on internationals) so Let’s get our season back on track and what better way to do it than saving the whole world from pool winning the league!
The problem is I wouldn’t be surprised to take 4 or 6pts from Pool and City.

But I’d be equally unsurprised to go and lose to West Ham and Huddersfield

No, just someone utterly fed up with this season.

I can forgive players for being shit etc, but I am so fucking sick of seeing the same brainlessness game after game after game after game:

Trippier v City, United, Chelsea and Wolves
Rose v Soton
Sanchez v Woolwich x2

Are these players just low IQ?

Do they not give a shit about anything at all?
At least you have proved that you arent a rival supporter. Only spurs fans just how bad Trippier is.

That’s true, Kane should have finished Southampton off, he was very wasteful, we should have been out of sight after that first half performance.
That one where it bobbled over his head and stuck to his neck somehow before falling at his feet.....through on goal, one on one.

He literally acted like he was in training and wanted to score a worldie for a laugh by hitting that on the volley.

Very silly shot and not really like him....was just laughing too

That one where it bobbled over his head and stuck to his neck somehow before falling at his feet.....through on goal, one on one.

He literally acted like he was in training and wanted to score a worldie for a laugh by hitting that on the volley.

Very silly shot and not really like him....was just laughing too

He could have taken that down and controlled it, it did annoy me as well I am not going to lie, it felt exactly as you have described it, almost like he was thinking “no worries, we will win this anyway so why not just try it?”

And it’s that kind of mentality that lost us the game in the end.

Win all our games except Pool and City.. anything less is unacceptable
I know you are reading this Poch! Happy monday to you
Spurs being spurs we will beat city and the dippers and get smoked by Brighton and Huddersfield....
kfVO3Hz.jpg

Well they are up our asses now and it's us looking shit right now.
And we put 3 past Dortmund right before we went on this bad run of form. Things can change overnight.

I'm not saying our position is enviable, I just think its somewhere between "bang on top-4" and "we are fighting with Wolves for 6th". But cautiously optimistic based on fixture list and a combination of other factors isn't exactly an interesting stance to take.

I'm assuming it for the sake of projecting out the rest of the season. I certainly think we can get something against Liverpool, but not if we continue our current league form.

At this point I just want us to look like we are a cohesive unit. We've looked awful except for the first half against Southampton and for 15 minutes in the first against Woolwich, and we were wasteful both those times.

We nearly did it last season so yes why not?

And we put 3 past Dortmund right before we went on this bad run of form. Things can change overnight.

I'm not saying our position is enviable, I just think its somewhere between "bang on top-4" and "we are fighting with Wolves for 6th". But cautiously optimistic based on fixture list and a combination of other factors isn't exactly an interesting stance to take.

And put one away in Germany. So then its baffling why we don't apply the same dedication and professionalism to the likes of burnley, Southampton. Even in the two London derbies we looked bad

And put one away in Germany. So then its baffling why we don't apply the same dedication and professionalism to the likes of burnley, Southampton. Even in the two London derbies we looked bad
I'm with you, its incredibly frustrating. Hopefully Poch makes good use of this warm weather training this week before the international break. Need to go with the mentality that these last 8 games are a whole new season and everyone is starting from 0 - the previous 30 games don't matter - its all about what we do in the final eight.

Back
Top Bottom