The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I couldn’t predict any of our final results with any confidence and knowing us it will never go the way we think it will. However, I do think Villa might fall away a little bit and drop points where we don’t expect it as well.

Whatever happens, it won’t feel as bad or as much pressure as fighting for fourth with the scum or the chavs.

I clicked your link ANTWERP!!! Oh Ffs!! I'd managed to erase those engrams from my brain now there back!!!
Regret Ugh GIF by ABC Network
Ahhh.....that wonderful misery that is Spurs!

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

We all demand that the club and players erase that "loser mentality" that's been labelled upon us.

But how about our supporter base? Isn't it about time we start doing the same thing, not settling for second best?

It's time to stamp out stuff like " we were clearly the better team", "you can't win every game", we're not good enough for CL" yada yada yada!

And stop mocking the melters!

It's time to man up!

angry mob GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

Interestingly CL teams don’t drop down into the EL from. Next season

IF we’re in the EL and don’t give it everything I’ll be fuming

These will likely be the teams from the top leagues in the comp too:

Frankfurt/Augsburg/Freiburg
Bilbao/Sociedad/Valencia
AZ
Porto
Atalanta/Lazio/Napoli
Nice/Lens/Lyon

Helped by the fact Italy and Germany will have five teams so missing out on someone like a Juventus or Dortmund dropping into it through league position.

Huge opportunity tbh.

I think the amount of people who seem to have no idea about the changes are going to be freaked the fuck out next season.

The fact we play 8 games but not the same team home and away and which will be different from the other 8 games other teams have is going to cause mental breakdowns.

Quite looking forward to it.
The mental breakdowns.

some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn.png

Last edited:
We all demand that the club and players erase that "loser mentality" that's been labelled upon us.

But how about our supporter base? Isn't it about time we start doing the same thing, not settling for second best?

It's time to stamp out stuff like " we were clearly the better team", "you can't win every game", we're not good enough for CL" yada yada yada!

And stop mocking the melters!

It's time to man up!

angry mob GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS
We don’t get paid. In fact, for many it’s the opposite.

I couldn’t predict any of our final results with any confidence and knowing us it will never go the way we think it will. However, I do think Villa might fall away a little bit and drop points where we don’t expect it as well.

Whatever happens, it won’t feel as bad or as much pressure as fighting for fourth with the scum or the chavs.
Villa were struggling last night. Just managed it but they are as inconsistent as us. Can put out a great performance v Woolwich followed by last nights effort.
Bournemouth will certainly give them problems on Sunday. Two e xtra semi final games for them as well.
I think 70 pts gets 4th. We will just have to get those pts. 3 wins and a draw out of 6 games. Eminently possible.

What should i call them then?
They're not very bright and easily offended, so pretty much anything really: Wet Spam, Burnley Reserves, Stratford, Eel Munchers, Bubble Heads, etc.

Calling them the Hammers is the same as referring to Woolwich as the Gunners, Chavs the Blues, etc. Far too matey.

Just look at the title for the Woolwich match for tips ...

Bilbao/Sociedad/Valencia
AZ
Porto
Atalanta/Lazio/Napoli
Nice/Lens/Lyon

Helped by the fact Italy and Germany will have five teams so missing out on someone like a Juventus or Dortmund dropping into it through league position.

Huge opportunity tbh.

Yes but in terms of tickets being sold in the stadium, of which the club will be very aware, those arent going to sell it out like the champions league will. The club will be desperate for the champions league.

Yes but in terms of tickets being sold in the stadium, of which the club will be very aware, those arent going to sell it out like the champions league will. The club will be desperate for the champions league.

And for the corporate crowd CL is where it’s at.

Nobody wants to take an important client to a Europa league match. Nothing says “ don’t give a fuck about you” than by doing that if CL is on elsewhere in London.

And if you had the naivety to take them to a conference league match you might as well just shit in their shoes and set their clothes on fire.

It will be interesting to see how the club treat the Europa if we end up there. From what I remember for the Conference League only the bottom tier was opened, tickets were very cheap (£30?) and Gold ST holders were not automatically charged.

I assume that most ST holders would want to attend home EL games though (I would), so I assume that the whole stadium would be open and that Autopay would be in operation for Gold ST holders.

I would like to think that ticket prices for the league stage would be reduced to well below Cat C prices and that a four game package would be available. Or is that too much to expect from Danny boy?

And for the corporate crowd CL is where it’s at.

Nobody wants to take an important client to a Europa league match. Nothing says “ don’t give a fuck about you” than by doing that if CL is on elsewhere in London.

And if you had the naivety to take them to a conference league match you might as well just shit in their shoes and set their clothes on fire.

The CL atomspheres last season were the worst of the lot and that is saying something. Even in the normal seating there were loads of people who werent even spurs fans. The amount of conversations I overheard where people supported other teams was stark.

The CL atomspheres last season were the worst of the lot and that is saying something. Even in the normal seating there were loads of people who werent even spurs fans. The amount of conversations I overheard where people supported other teams was stark.

Crazy pricing attracts the tourists and corporate that’s for sure, you get Finance bros there for the “occasion”.

If we had of been in the conference league I’d have taken my son and friends / nephews. Noisy young adults / teenagers who support Spurs.

I don’t mind paying £100-£140 for 4 tickets. Not £220 for two tickets! Approx £500 for four of us including transport and food.
Fuck that.

Bilbao/Sociedad/Valencia
AZ
Porto
Atalanta/Lazio/Napoli
Nice/Lens/Lyon

Huge opportunity tbh.

Great away trip potential with a much better chance for those of us not on +10000 points to get tickets.

Back
Top Bottom