The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think we’re as good as some believe we are .
I also don’t think we’re as shit as some say.
This season was always going to be bumpy. Ange said that right from the beginning.
If we’re still bumpy this time next year then it’s maybe time to ask some more questions.
But we will finish 5th minimum and derail the arse next Sunday.
That’s progress and satisfaction for me...
TTID

This season was always going to be bumpy. Ange said that right from the beginning.
If we’re still bumpy this time next year then it’s maybe time to ask some more questions.
TTID

There’s a more attacking “Spurs” philosophy than we have seen for a few years. I will take that.

I think he deserves three summer windows to hopefully build a squad who can play an aggressive high pressing / high tempo game.

Just needs to keep the majority of the fanbase onside and us in or near CL places to keep Danny happy too.

And I don’t want to wish my life away and fast forward twelve months. But I hope he’s still the boss come next May.

There’s a more attacking “Spurs” philosophy than we have seen for a few years. I will take that.

I think he deserves three summer windows to hopefully build a squad who can play an aggressive high pressing / high tempo game.

Just needs to keep the majority of the fanbase onside and us in or near CL places to keep Danny happy too.

And I don’t want to wish my life away and fast forward twelve months. But I hope he’s still the boss come next
I love the attacking/ aggression but it’s becoming predictable and it’s a defence that should not be shipping the goals we are. Not saying Ange has been found out or he won’t adapt but the stats don’t lie.
I love Ange to bits and want him to succeed, He clearly needs backing by the board and I’d agree he needs time. But how long is the gift of the chairman. And that is a dark cloud that hangs over every manager at every club. We just happen to have a chairman who will pull the trigger sooner rather than later.

TTID
The team is frustratingly both good and bad. Pretty much anyone can beat us and we can beat anyone. We’ve got a 50% chance against the best teams, a 55% vs mid table, and 60% against relegation sides. Yet somehow we’re in 5th.

We’re worse defensively with better players, and surprisingly seem to be doing well attack wise without Harry.

I love the attacking/ aggression but it’s becoming predictable and it’s a defence that should not be shipping the goals we are. Not saying Ange has been found out or he won’t adapt but the stats don’t lie.
I love Ange to bits and want him to succeed, He clearly needs backing by the board and I’d agree he needs time. But how long is the gift of the chairman. And that is a dark cloud that hangs over every manager at every club. We just happen to have a chairman who will pull the trigger sooner rather than later.

Hopefully Daniel has learnt after Poch that quick fixes aren’t a thing.

Give Ange 2 full seasons to build a team. 3rd season expectations can be (much) higher after he’s bought in 10 players + maybe as many as 15 by then?

Hopefully Daniel has learnt after Poch that quick fixes aren’t a thing.

Give Ange 2 full seasons to build a team. 3rd season expectations can be (much) higher after he’s bought in 10 players + maybe as many as 15 by then?

It depends on what the club want to be and achieve. We have such a personality complex as a club. We just don’t know what we want (or prepared to do what’s needed to get there).

It depends on what the club want to be and achieve. We have such a personality complex as a club. We just don’t know what we want (or prepared to do what’s needed to get there).

I feel under poch it was clear. Build a young team, get in English players, and then we got successful too soon. Transfers were curtailed to pay for the stadium and then we sacked him and went all “big club” which I think was partly to do with holding onto Harry Kane.

Almost like we go back to those early poch days. Build the team but this time with money to spend. Wisely.

I’m happy with the back 5.

Elite CM and CF would be on my list.

Think we need to be looking for son’s replacement. Give them a season to bed in with son still doing the heavy lifting.

And generally strengthen the squad. Give some young players a chance too.

But don’t think all that will happen this coming summer / season.

They're not very bright and easily offended, so pretty much anything really: Wet Spam, Burnley Reserves, Stratford, Eel Munchers, Bubble Heads, etc.

Calling them the Hammers is the same as referring to Woolwich as the Gunners, Chavs the Blues, etc. Far too matey.

Just look at the title for the Woolwich match for tips ...
So i need to be more of a cunt???

:andros:

If he sticks with trying to turning Davies and that laughing boy Brazilian clownshoe into Philip Lahm over the next few weeks, we will take some serious hidings and the crowd will absolutely turn. Another toxic, trophy less season written off and ending in gloom

BOOOOOOOOO
:levyeyes:
Dwarf cunt above will have a busy summer for sure (negotiating new door handles for the hotel but not replacing £100M Kane). Leach

Wonder if Bournemouth might get something at villa today ..... they can be tricky
ENGLISH FA CUPSa 06Jan 2024QPR2 - 3BournemouthW
PREMIER LEAGUESu 21Jan 2024Bournemouth0 - 4LiverpoolL
ENGLISH FA CUPTh 25Jan 2024Bournemouth5 - 0SwanseaW
PREMIER LEAGUETh 01Feb 2024West Ham1 - 1BournemouthD
PREMIER LEAGUESu 04Feb 2024Bournemouth1 - 1Nottm ForestD
PREMIER LEAGUESa 10Feb 2024Fulham3 - 1BournemouthL
PREMIER LEAGUESa 17Feb 2024Newcastle2 - 2BournemouthD
PREMIER LEAGUESa 24Feb 2024Bournemouth0 - 1Man CityL
ENGLISH FA CUPTu 27Feb 2024Bournemouth0 - 1LeicesterD*
PREMIER LEAGUESu 03Mar 2024Burnley0 - 2BournemouthW
PREMIER LEAGUESa 09Mar 2024Bournemouth2 - 2Sheff UtdD
PREMIER LEAGUEWe 13Mar 2024Bournemouth4 - 3LutonW
PREMIER LEAGUESa 30Mar 2024Bournemouth2 - 1EvertonW
PREMIER LEAGUETu 02Apr 2024Bournemouth1 - 0Crystal PalaceW
PREMIER LEAGUESa 06Apr 2024Luton2 - 1BournemouthL
PREMIER LEAGUESa 13Apr 2024Bournemouth2 - 2Man UtdD

Freak result v Luton apart, they are in good form. Drew 2-2 at Newcastle.

1Man City6420176=+11145WDdWWW
2Newcastle6411157=+8133WLWDWW
3Woolwich641193=+6131WdWWLW
4Chelsea63301911=+8125DWDWDW
5Liverpool632196=+3114WDWWDL
6Bournemouth63211210=+2115DWWWLD
7Tottenham631210100103WLWDWL
8Brentford6231127=+594LDdDWW
9Burnley6231107=+395WDDLDW
10Aston Villa6222912-383LDWLDW

Back
Top Bottom