The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know, I have them all on ignore.
That's how it all works, right?
Is this what it's like to put someone on ignore.

X Factor Reaction GIF by X Factor Global

I hope you are right.

But it's Chelsea away.

Same as anyone else we're battling in the league table; it's a 38-game season. Not 30+ with a few we should just discount..... We have the same opportunity to win as any other club going to Stamford Bridge.

Last edited:
Short trip across London, hardly any travel, shouldn't make much difference, really.
See I'm not sure if you are joking or not.

I read somewhere that Chelsea have beaten us more times than any other premier league team, we have conceded more goals against Chelsea than anyone else and we haven't won at Stamford Bridge since 2018; we've only won once there in 35 years.

I'm not saying fuck it and give them the points but not sure where your bullish optimism comes from. 🤣

I read somewhere that Chelsea have beaten us more times than any other premier league team, we have conceded more goals against Chelsea than anyone else and we haven't won at Stamford Bridge since 2018; we've only won once there in 35 years.

I'm not saying fuck it and give them the points but not sure where your bullish optimism comes from. 🤣

This Spurs team has never played away at Chelsea. What rational, non superstitious reason is there that history of results should have any impact on them?

The only logical thing that affects an away game is travel and fans. It’s a short trip and their fans are pathetic.

Just have to look at the percentages.

What’s the chance we win? 10%, 20%?
Historically I wonder what it is?

Yesterday I spent the whole day in Greggs in Hull on the off chance Jennifer Lawrence might walk in.

She didn’t. But I was positive enough to at least give it a go.
That’s the attitude we need.

I wonder whether they consider our form pre Chelsea disaster as if we replicate that in the last 12 games we could go close. The form post that game has a massive asterisk - we played loads of games without a single centre back and our first choice MF3

They probably don't consider player availability in their metrics. Same way Xg doesn't account for the player taking the shot, only the position on the pitch and the location of players near by.

They probably don't consider player availability in their metrics. Same way Xg doesn't account for the player taking the shot, only the position on the pitch and the location of players near by.
I’m sure betting companies consider player availability in their analysis but yeah makes sense that Okta don’t

Spurs still in 5th but with a game in hand over Villa who are only 2 points ahead, with Spurs having a slightly better GD as well.

So 4th place is now in our hands to win or lose.

ManU 6 points behind, and have played a game more, and have only 10 games to try to catch up - very much an uphill task for them

Wham in 7th place and now 10 points behind Spurs having played a game more and only 10 games left to play (but we still have to play Wham at their place) , so any odds on them catching up getting close to zero now,, and same is true for Brighton in 8th place.

2nd and 3rd places are still possible for us but as we are about 10 points behind (albeit with a game in hand), we'd need to win virtually all our remaining matches to get to 2nd or 3rd place (but we do play all 3 above us - Mancity and Woolwich at home, Liverpool away) in our 11 remaining games.

4Aston Villa28174759411855
5Spurs27165659392053
6ManU28152113939047
7Wham2812794549-443
8Brighton2811985044642

Just realised that we play 3 league games in the next three weeks. Unlike others due to FA Cup fixtures etc

If we win all three and Woolwich fail to beat Man City, we could be 2 or 3 points behind them and level on games. Which tbh, would be hilarious 😂

Tough ask though.

Back
Top Bottom