The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would love some of that mentality kloop instilled in his team and club in ours. Just how he got those young players to beat chavs is beyond me. They kept going and playing football. Want to see some of that in our players. Like the commentator said it’s not all about money but also need desire and mentality.

Would love some of that mentality kloop instilled in his team and club in ours. Just how he got those young players to beat chavs is beyond me. They kept going and playing football. Want to see some of that in our players. Like the commentator said it’s not all about money but also need desire and mentality.
Alex Ingelthorpe runs their academy

Someone who doesn’t have a good word to say about Levy and is clearly doing something right

“It would also technically be possible to have 11 Premier League teams in Europe: The usual allocation of seven, plus the extra Champions League place and the titleholders of all three European competitions (if they finished outside a European position.)”

That’s never going to happen but they are the rules.

From where we were, 5th is not successful.

Especially considering our cup runs and lack of games.

Yeah my mind goes back to these headlines.

No team has started as well as Spurs and not finished in the Premier League top four​

At the time I was a little bit dubious the media were waiting to throw Spursy at us if we didn’t do it.

But seems our own fans are pretty happy to break the trend too as the mighty -checks notes - Aston Villa are in town for the party too.

We need to be aiming higher not lower. 4th would be success and history says par for the course after our start.
5th would be doing ok.
And 6th would be a bit if a fuck up tbh.

39 points to play for.
The upcoming 6 pointer v Villa is huge.

Yeah my mind goes back to these headlines.

No team has started as well as Spurs and not finished in the Premier League top four​

At the time I was a little bit dubious the media were waiting to throw Spursy at us if we didn’t do it.

But seems our own fans are pretty happy to break the trend too as the mighty -checks notes - Aston Villa are in town for the party too.

We need to be aiming higher not lower. 4th would be success and history says par for the course after our start.
5th would be doing ok.
And 6th would be a bit if a fuck up tbh.

39 points to play for.
The upcoming 6 pointer v Villa is huge.

I remember this getting brought up.

And it completely missed out the fact that Villa at the time were a team with the most points at that stage of the season NOT to be in the top four.

It also probably never considered the fact we'd be without half of our starting eleven for over a month.

Bare in mind this season, we've NEVER been more than 4 points clear of Villa at any stage. Even when we were flying. You then factor in that they beat us, have played a game more than us right now and we had the injury issues we did...

Last edited:
I remember this getting brought up.

And it completely missed out the fact that Villa at the time were a team with the most points at that stage of the season NOT to be in the top four.

It also probably never considered the fact we'd be without half of our starting eleven for over a month.

Yeah I’m waiting for the Spursy headlines to come along in May.

First team not to do it etc etc. The articles are stored and waiting to go. 100%

Yeah I’m waiting for the Spursy headlines to come along in May.

First team not to do it etc etc. The articles are stored and waiting to go. 100%

I think they'll have forgot tbh.

Might be something weird opposing fans will bring up on social media but if we end up finishing 5th and qualifying for the Champions League. Who cares ultimately?

I think they'll have forgot tbh.

Might be something weird opposing fans will bring up on social media but if we end up finishing 5th and qualifying for the Champions League. Who cares ultimately?

Like you say they weren’t balanced articles to begin with. Clickbait journalism. If it gets the views it will be published.

Money. That’s what it’s all about.

I cant seem to understand all the European places this season if villa win the Europa conference and finish 5th in the league where would that make finishing 5th in the premier league go I get the English cups if a club already has qualified and wins the fa Cup it goes down to the league position. All ifs but it gets very confusing.Same kind of thing with Liverpool in the Europa league because they have already qualified for the champions League in premier league position

13 games to go:
02/03/2024Crystal Palace H
10/03/2024Aston Villa A
16/03/2024Fulham A
INTER BREAK18/03/2024TO26/03/2024
30/03/2024Luton Town H
02/04/2024West Ham United A
06/04/2024Nottingham ForestH
13/04/2024Newcastle UnitedA
20/04/2024Manchester City H
27/04/2024Woolwich H
04/05/2024Liverpool A
11/05/2024Burnley H
19/05/2024Sheffield United A
TBAChelseaA

13 games to go:
02/03/2024Crystal PalaceH
10/03/2024Aston VillaA
16/03/2024FulhamA
INTER BREAK18/03/2024TO26/03/2024
30/03/2024Luton TownH
02/04/2024West Ham UnitedA
06/04/2024Nottingham ForestH
13/04/2024Newcastle UnitedA
20/04/2024Manchester CityH
27/04/2024WoolwichH
04/05/2024LiverpoolA
11/05/2024BurnleyH
19/05/2024Sheffield UnitedA
TBAChelseaA

14 points minimum needed in our next 6 games, I reckon before heading into that tricky spell starting from Newcastle away.

Back
Top Bottom