The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can see us finishing below Villa and Brighton.

Which would probably mean 7th and the Conference league as I can't see Liverpool or Chelsea getting their shit together either.
I'll just leave this here which is a comment I made back at the start of April.

So when I was saying we should chuck the game against City as it mean't very little for us and was getting told I wasn't a fan. Those people can apologise now.

I know football, and I know what a mess we are at the moment.

We don't actually deserve any form of europe as we won't win it and/or won't take it seriously anyway.
It would almost be a crime to deny Villa and Brighton a crack, at least they'll give it a go.

So when I was saying we should chuck the game against City as it mean't very little for us and was getting told I wasn't a fan. Those people can apologise now.

Like fuck they can...

You've entirely omitted all the wankery you spouted on the matter.

I know football, and I know what a mess we are at the moment.

It’s funny because so many of those same outraged posters are now basing all their joy on the failures of our rivals. It just took them a little longer to catch up to the fact we’re fucking useless and were never realistically getting fourth.

It’s funny because so many of those same outraged posters are now basing all their joy on the failures of our rivals. It just took them a little longer to catch up to the fact we’re fucking useless and were never realistically getting fourth.
Yep, said it before, its for all intents and purposes the 90s but people are in denial. A couple of good players but mostly dross, appointing unsuitable managers, boring football and reduced to wanting rivals to fail as our crumb of comfort. All feels very familar to me.

We’ve now played all 12 games against the sides currently sitting in the Top 7. We’ve picked up a grand total of 4 points out of 36. 1 wins, 1 draw and 10 losses from 12. That’d a fairly damning statistic which accurately represents where we are at.

We’d be better served finishing 8th and allowing the new manager to focus on the real task at hand rather than Thursday night football in the Inter Toto Cup in the far reaches of the Continent.

Dippers are 9 points ahead of us now. Really has been an unbelievable turn around considering how far ahead we were and how shite they were playing. The 10 games we had after cunte was sacked was more than enough to cement top 4 or 5. Mind blowing ineptitude really by all.

We won't be finishing even 6th next season. Play 5 at the back and yet have conceded 59 goals! Both keepers are 36 so that's the first big problem and not like they can just go and sign Mike Maignan or someone of that calibre.

Romero is fine but very rash and the rest of their defenders are mediocre, Dier, Lenglet, Davies, Porro etc.

Then upfront Richarlison has offered very little, Son has lost half a yard in acceleration which has impacted his game majorly and Kane just has 12 months left.

We could easily have a Chelsea type season next year if the Kane replacement flops.

Back
Top Bottom