The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope we win our last 9 games and finish 3rd but in reality its more likely to be something like Win 3, Draw 3, Lose 3 and finish 6th or maybe in the dreaded conference league spot of 7th.

I wonder if there is an argument if we would be better off in the long run tanking completely, losing most of the games, finishing 8th or 9th and hoping it' s a penny drop moment for the powers that be. Just feels like something needs to come to a head as we've been kicking the can down the road for 4 years now and finishing 5th or 6th is just about respectable enough for nothing to change.

Caveat this with i've never wanted us to lose before and still don't but it feels there needs to be something to give us a wake up call.
If it’s the Conference spot , I’d rather miss out altogether , to be fair

Sadly, it’s probably already too late on Ferguson for us.

4 G and 2 A in 11 games as an 18 year old. Potential future superstar.

ManU, Blue Scum, Liverpool all reportedly interested. He’s signed until 2026 - Reports are that he may sign an extension at Brighton rather than move to a bigger club this/next summer.

If they do sell, Brighton will undoubtedly want a HUGE transfer fee this summer given 3 years left on current contract, interest from numerous big clubs and Ferguson’s performances/age.

How do Brighton keep finding and developing these players?!? Let’s just go poach their entire scouting department and everyone that works in their academy.

Why would he come to spurs? Anyone can see what's happening here. He can see what's happening with Harry Kane. What have we won in that time? Levy wouldn't pay what the guys worth. With Enic and Levy we are fucked

Bad results yesterday. I was certain brentford would get a result against United. I also thought even west ham who are absolute dross may have got a result considering they are battling relegation. I watched that game and I honestly could not believe some of the mistakes by west ham. We can really raid west ham and leicester in the summer. I would like Rice at spurs but not for the money quoted. Maybe for 45 million. Maddison also but we are not paying 70 million maybe 50 million for maddison. Gundogan on a free which will save us like 35 million. This will transform our midfield and will provide competition for holberg and skipp and cover for bentacur.

We are never given easy goals like that west ham vs newcastle game in matches by teams. When was the last time we had a howler from an opposing team not once but several times. Makes me very suspicious. I really believe opposing teams try harder and treat it like a cup final against us than any of the other big clubs. We still can chase one of the two down. I am losing hope of top 3 as I really thought results would go our way yesterday. The next few games are huge. Let's start at Brighton. I pray he plays the 433 and not the wing back outdated rubbish.

If we win all our games we'll have 79 points.
Given we have to play all of the teams around us, that takes 3 points away from each of them.
Max therefore for Newcastle - 80 Man United - 80 - Brighton 76 - Brentford 73
Your maths is right. We could win all 10 games and still miss out. But the odds of us being good enough to win all 10 and yet the 2 teams above us, getting beaten BY us but still being able to win their remaining 10 are small.

In short, it's still far too close to call it. Newcastle are over rated and so are Man United.
:harrylol:

Playing the outdated system and not 433, we will struggle for top 4 and win against the big clubs. We cannot persist with the same conte tactics. I hope stellini changes his approach. If the fans turn toxic tomorrow then I can see us struggling. Our players respond better with support. Let's create a great atmosphere and play on the front foot. Brighton are a little coastal town coming into a state of the art stadium. They could be overwhelmed. They are playing well but if we switch off we could lose. I am confident but less so because I thought we would bin the same tactics.

Playing the outdated system and not 433, we will struggle for top 4 and win against the big clubs. We cannot persist with the same conte tactics. I hope stellini changes his approach. If the fans turn toxic tomorrow then I can see us struggling. Our players respond better with support. Let's create a great atmosphere and play on the front foot. Brighton are a little coastal town coming into a state of the art stadium. They could be overwhelmed. They are playing well but if we switch off we could lose. I am confident but less so because I thought we would bin the same tactics.
No way Stellini cuts off his arm just to play bingo. He knows his future is as Conte’s #2 so there’s no way he goes against his boss just on the off chance he’s a genius.

Lose / Lose for him and us with that appointment. I’ve nothing against him but in hindsight, clearing the decks and giving it to Mason for the rest of the season would have been a better move.

No way Stellini cuts off his arm just to play bingo. He knows his future is as Conte’s #2 so there’s no way he goes against his boss just on the off chance he’s a genius.

Lose / Lose for him and us with that appointment. I’ve nothing against him but in hindsight, clearing the decks and giving it to Mason for the rest of the season would have been a better move.
I said before I would bring in redknapp for the last 9 games. Also Mason would be better than stellini. Stellini does not care about us. You are right he is loyal to conte. It would not surprise me if conte is bitter and still pulling the strings behind the scenes to sabotage our season. Chelsea could bring back lampard till the end of the season, why did we not think of bringing someone like redknapp in temporarily who is basically begging for the job.

I said before I would bring in redknapp for the last 9 games. Also Mason would be better than stellini. Stellini does not care about us. You are right he is loyal to conte. It would not surprise me if conte is bitter and still pulling the strings behind the scenes to sabotage our season. Chelsea could bring back lampard till the end of the season, why did we not think of bringing someone like redknapp in temporarily who is basically begging for the job.
Not sure Conte is bothered. Lampard to Chelsea has made my week - let’s see how that goes against Real. I don’t think H would come back for 9 games - although I agree he would do a decent turn but likely that BetVictor would have a say.. Booky owning the horse? I think not..

The idea of a prolific front man that carries the team is not only dated but also very difficult to achieve not to mention risky as it leaves you in a hole anytime there's an injury.

What we need is not necessarily a Kane replacement in the sense of someone who can carry his load but more so a number of players who are active on the pitch in advance positions that can split the responsibility of both creating goals and scoring them.

Look at the current Woolwich team. Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli all have 10 or more PL goals and the assist count for each is pretty high aswell. Jesus got injured and if did hurt them somewhat as Nketiah was unable to replicate what Jesus did in the team BUT they still didn't drop off in a major way because the core of the attack was still there and it didn't rely on just one player and this is ultimately what we should be aiming for when it comes to our attack, to have a team that is fluid in the final third to an extent it can't be he shackled by a single injury or the opposition doubling up on one player. From our current attack only Kulu has the potential to fill that role but we need another 3/4 players who are equally as adept.

Bad results yesterday. I was certain brentford would get a result against United. I also thought even west ham who are absolute dross may have got a result considering they are battling relegation. I watched that game and I honestly could not believe some of the mistakes by west ham. We can really raid west ham and leicester in the summer. I would like Rice at spurs but not for the money quoted. Maybe for 45 million. Maddison also but we are not paying 70 million maybe 50 million for maddison. Gundogan on a free which will save us like 35 million. This will transform our midfield and will provide competition for holberg and skipp and cover for bentacur.

We are never given easy goals like that west ham vs newcastle game in matches by teams. When was the last time we had a howler from an opposing team not once but several times. Makes me very suspicious. I really believe opposing teams try harder and treat it like a cup final against us than any of the other big clubs. We still can chase one of the two down. I am losing hope of top 3 as I really thought results would go our way yesterday. The next few games are huge. Let's start at Brighton. I pray he plays the 433 and not the wing back outdated rubbish.
We don’t put teams under enough pressure for them to make mistakes like that. There’s fuck all intensity to anything we do from keeper to centre forward.

Sadly, it’s probably already too late on Ferguson for us.

4 G and 2 A in 11 games as an 18 year old. Potential future superstar.

ManU, Blue Scum, Liverpool all reportedly interested. He’s signed until 2026 - Reports are that he may sign an extension at Brighton rather than move to a bigger club this/next summer.

If they do sell, Brighton will undoubtedly want a HUGE transfer fee this summer given 3 years left on current contract, interest from numerous big clubs and Ferguson’s performances/age.

How do Brighton keep finding and developing these players?!? Let’s just go poach their entire scouting department and everyone that works in their academy.

We just nicked their DoF instead. Plus we've been hoovering up coaches and scouts from other clubs too.

If Kane does go to Man Utd in the summer, will he given a nice send off, or get the snake treatment?

Change of tact
I can pretty much guarantee it will be the same team that starts against Brighton that started against Everton. Stellini will just keep picking the same team Conte would because if he did change it Conte will think that Stellini thought his tactics were wrong all along. Stellini is a puppet and not got the balls to change it. The club should’ve realised that and got him to fuck too. There’s enough older ex players around the club that could’ve stepped in and refreshed it.

We just nicked their DoF instead. Plus we've been hoovering up coaches and scouts from other clubs too.

If Kane does go to Man Utd in the summer, will he given a nice send off, or get the snake treatment?
I'd like to think he will get an amazing send off and the well wishes of the Support, but something tells me he will get booed.

How people expect him to waste another trophyless season here is beyond me.

I would hate to see it but I'd never forget his service to the club that's why if I was in the stadium at the last game of the season I'd try and get the "Harry Kane you let your country down" chants going.

The game is the game :adestare:

Come on ffs, it’s not that bad.

I think one wrong move mate, get the wrong manager and lose certain players and you/we might be in for a shock.

We have gone from a team, who 4 or 5 years ago had 3 or 4 players if not more) who on their day could win us a game. Now?

Without such players, you rely on consistency and solidity or it’s win two, lost two, then suddenly it's lose 5 or 6 and no way back. Trust me we need to be careful.

Look at West Ham. Nobody csn say they don't have decent players. Leicester to a lessee extent because they have been hammered by injuries

We got to get the right fit of manager

Come on ffs, it’s not that bad.
I agree, but I also think with Spurs nothing is out of the question. Could go on a monumental win streak and finish third, could totally collapse and finish seventh. But judging by recent events, I think Spurs will have to have a lot of help from the other teams in contention faltering to get in. As far as the idea of Champions League being there for the taking, Spurs don't seem like a team that is going to rise up and take anything that doesn't fall in their laps. Yesterday Newcastle was just the opposite and its a shame you don't see that spirit in Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom