The North London Derby (Home)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In our two previous encounters with Woolwich our players failed to show up. Yes, it can be argued that there were also other reasons why we lost, but the lack of passion our players showed in those games is unforgivable when you play against the scum.

I can only hope they learned something from that, but it doesn't appear like we've learned anything this season.

It's my birthday Sunday. I am at the Lane on Sunday. Spurs wont hurt me on my birthday. They aren't that vindictive.

The aren't. They can't be.

It's my birthday Sunday. I am at the Lane on Sunday. Spurs wont hurt me on my birthday. They aren't that vindictive.

The aren't. They can't be.
Happy_Birthday.jpg

Seriously hope it's one of the best

Last edited:
Worst time is irrelevant. My first NLD was back in the Nineties at Highbury and we got spanked 3-1. But there is always something special about the occasion that makes up for a poor side and poor league position.

Well, normally anyhow....
I know exactly what you mean mate! Can't wait to go! These games, anything could happen! Come on you spurs!

We're going to get dicked.

I've always fancied us at home in the NLD but there have been so many gutless collapses this season I honestly fear what might happen if Woolwich score one or two quickfire goals.

Kaboul's red has been rescinded, obviously. Who's going to get the dodgy red this week? We've gotten a straight red card in three of our six matches with the current top four this season. Wouldn't bet against it happening again. I've got Bentaleb and Walker in my prediction pool.

The players have an opportunity to repay the fans.. We have followed them everywhere AGAIN and they have let us down on too many occassions.
They know how much winning this game means to us so lets see how much they care..

Kaboul's red has been rescinded, obviously. Who's going to get the dodgy red this week? We've gotten a straight red card in three of our six matches with the current top four this season. Wouldn't bet against it happening again. I've got Bentaleb and Walker in my prediction pool.

Can't blame it on the reds. We were looking for the excuse to collapse.

Sandro, maybe. He can be quite physical at times.

Or Lloris, during one of his mad Captain Tsubasa dash from the goal line during a one-on-one situation.

Can't blame it on the reds. We were looking for the excuse to collapse.

There's a vast difference between getting a red card and shipping 4 or 5 goals like we have. Our capitulations are embarrassing and we only have ourselves to blame. But it doesn't change the fact that when you get a red card for more than half an hour left against City, Liverpool, or Chelsea that the game is over. Especially when it's the penalty red card combo.

In our two previous encounters with Woolwich our players failed to show up.

I think a lot of players did show up for our league game...The trouble was our finishing/decision making in the final third. We pretty much got the better of possession, chances, corners won etc but we lacked the cutting edge.

Back
Top Bottom