The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston "not famous anymore" Villa

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree With this TottenhamAberdeen:
You wank-pot, i wanted to do the match fred.
Gi me a chance to get back from the game will ya.

----------------------------------------------Vorm------------------------------------------------------------

----------Trippier-------CarterVickers-------Wimmer----------Davies---------------------------

----------------------------------Dier(c)------------Winks---------------------------------------------

-------------------------Sissoko------------?------------------Son----------------------------------

------------------------------------------Janssen-----------------------------------------------------

2 - 0 ( Son & Janssen-pen)

Edit : did me line-up without looking at anyone elses.

Eriksen for the ? if he isn't to tired

Back to a 4-2-3-1 for me

-------------Vorm
Trippier-CCV-Wimmer-Davies
----------Dier-Winks
Sissoko-----Son--------Nkoudou
------------Janssen
I'd go with pretty much this, but Toby for CCV. AV no mugs under Bruce, and Toby has only played half our games so far. Maybe also set up as a 3 at the back, push Trippy and BD higher up, they are both good crossers. WinJan good in the air imo too.

An 80% rotated side should be more than enough to see Villa off... and of course if things aren't going our way we can always bring on some of the big guns from the bench. Stick with 3 at the back as it seems to be working for us. Sissoko to show us what he can do in centre mid. Son instead of Lamela if he's not fit enough. Vertonghen to be rested rather than Toby based on minutes played over the last few weeks.

[formation=343, Vorm, Dier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Trippier, Winks, Sissoko, Davies, Lamela, Janssen, N'Koudou][/formation]

Last edited:
Seeing as we have a full week until our next fixture I expect/hope to see a mixture of squad players and regulars. Thinking we will see something like this:

------------------Vorm----------------------

Trippier-------Wimmer---Toby-------Davies

-------------Dier-----------Winks------------

N'Koudou---------Eriksen-----------Sissoko

--------------------Sonny------------------------

Lloris
Trippier Toby Wimmer Davies
Dier Winks
Sissoko Eriksen Son
Janssen

I'd like to see more changes as I enjoy getting to see the others get a chance but this is my prediction.

Those suggesting we rotate our entire 11; are you saying we concentrate on winning the league now?

We're in form, and i am encouraged by our current performances in the league, but i also remember how we fair in other comps when we play our "second string".

Poch has taken some proper flak on here for not prioritising cup comps in the past. Villa are no longer a Premiership side, but they are not Non-League either. If we want to advance we need to play a strong side.

I think Poch will do what he always does and play a mixture of youth and bench players with a couple of first teamers to give us an air of quality. I can see it being a tough game, possibly a replay.

Those suggesting we rotate our entire 11; are you saying we concentrate on winning the league now?

We're in form, and i am encouraged by our current performances in the league, but i also remember how we fair in other comps when we play our "second string".

Poch has taken some proper flak on here for not prioritising cup comps in the past. Villa are no longer a Premiership side, but they are not Non-League either. If we want to advance we need to play a strong side.

I think Poch will do what he always does and play a mixture of youth and bench players with a couple of first teamers to give us an air of quality. I can see it being a tough game, possibly a replay.

I've been an advocate of going for the cups and still am. That being said we should be able to incorporate some squad players and take care of them (same for Gent). As you said I would expect a mix of some squad players and regulars. I don't think we are going to see Onomah or Carter Vickers for instance, but nothing wrong with Sissoko and Wimmer etc. getting in the team otherwise the fuck we have them for?

Throw on all the youths. We have bigger games in future.

I certainly think we should play those fringe players that are capable. Why not? Give anyone needing a rest, a rest. Anyone who needs a game for sharpness or fitness, give them a game. No need to rotate the whole 11, but 4 or 5 changes, why? Still be loads of experience and ability enough to beat most teams, certainly Villa.

I have no issues with rotation, we have our strongest squad under Poch so it'd be silly not to use it.

Me neither, Poch said himself in last night's interview that there will be changes but it is still Tottenham the team that will be playing the game against Villa. Not only do we have quality in depth, but Poch has all the players including the younger players breaking through training together, it is one team. So there isn't anything wrong with playing players who haven't featured as much, so long as we still take winning the game seriously, which we will.

I believe both cups will most likely be won by a team in the top 6. Liverpool or MU will get the LC but as long as we do not get a duff draw like Liverpool away etc and take it serious then why not us winning the FA Cup. It has been a long time coming. 6 days to our next match should not be a problem and I think 4 changes should be the max. Rose deserves a break and has 8 yellow cards. I would rest Walker, Wanyama & Dembele. Reverting to a back 4 with Trippier & Daviescoming in and Dier moving to midfield with Winks. That allows Son or Sissoko to play further forward.
We can rest defenders/midfielders but I do not believe we can risk leaving Kane, Dele or Eriksen out. Go for it and get it finished by half time and bring those 3 off in the second half.
Do not want to get into the second half with the match not settled and have to bring on our big guns to get a winner or even worse have a replay.

Looks like it's gonna be the Under 11's at this rate, ours and Villa's!

Could be a fun day... hopefully we take it relatively seriously, but heck, after last night, we're clearly taking the Prem seriously, so let's see who Poch decides to play...

I think he'll keep a pretty strong spine. Maybe Dembele needs a week off having just come back from injury...
Dier back in his preferred CM role maybe? I'm going for a Trippier/Davies axis at the back, and probably Wimmer & Vorm to come in too... CCV has disappeared off the radar a bit of late (injured??)

Janssen needs some game time, Lamela may or may not be ready, but if he is, he's First team quality!
Son and Winks could come in... fuck me, even if we did rest almost EVERYONE from last night, we could still put out a decent side!

[formation=4231, Vorm, Trippier, Jan/CCV, Wimmer, Davies, Dier, Winks, N'Koudou, Son/Lamela, Sissoko, Janssen][/formation]

"4-0 spurs god help us"

"Humiliation on TV again.
5-0 spurs at a canter."

"Can we just not turn up and forfeit? There's really no point."

I like these guys...

HAHA yes here are some more..I actually feel sorry for this bunch depressed just reading it

"Utterly pointless match"

"Play the kids"

"I wouldn't be surprised if we play the ones we're trying to replace in this one. We probably should."

"Couldn't care less."

"On national tv aswell so cue more how far we've fallen comments from far and wide."

"4-1 Spurs (reserves)."

"There isn't a person on the planet that gives a shit about this match is there? "

"Even Spurs fans must know they're going to win at a canter. They don't need to batter us, so why bother?"

"Yep, spurs are very good and villa are very bad, let's put it on tv and it'll be guaranteed goals. That the only
reason it's been picked"

"Gutted that this is on TV. I've pretty much escaped mockery this season as hardly anyone I know follows anything other than the Premier League. Returning to the forefront of public humiliation with a spanking on BBC, great stuff."

"6-0 loss if we're lucky."

"At least 4-0. We'll have about 20% possession and be a complete embarrassment, showing how far behind we've fallen. Can't be over soon enough."

"If they play their first selection and have the right motivation it might be double figures."

"against a weak xi 4-0 a strong xi 8-0"

"And to think Dele Ali could of come to us . He certainly called that one right ."

Back
Top Bottom