The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston "not famous anymore" Villa

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

New rules...?

Match Threads must contain the time and date of the game at least...?
Tired of opening a thread, and seeing something like....."Lets Win" as the opening post....then I have to go BBC and get the details of the game etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:carrollwtf:
:deledoubt:
:lamelaaghh:
:pochshock:

Give me some coffee

:llorishowudoin:

What I did to ensure a win last night ...

I deserve a medal & I'll do it again for my precious Tottinghams Hwatspurs

You wank-pot, i wanted to do the match fred.
Gi me a chance to get back from the game will ya.

----------------------------------------------Vorm------------------------------------------------------------

----------Trippier-------CarterVickers-------Wimmer----------Davies---------------------------

----------------------------------Dier(c)------------Winks---------------------------------------------

-------------------------Sissoko------------?------------------Son----------------------------------

------------------------------------------Janssen-----------------------------------------------------

2 - 0 ( Son & Janssen-pen)

Edit : did me line-up without looking at anyone elses.
This with NKoudou out wide and Son in behind Janssen would be nice

With an entire week until our next game I don't think we need to field a ridiculously under-strength team unless we are throwing the FA Cup. Which I guess is likely. I do reckon if we play our entire B-team we will probably end up losing this.
True. But I am thinking of the long term effect.
We usually seem knackered in the last few months of the season.
So I'd let them all put their feet up.
A well earned rest!

[formation=433, Vorm, Trippier, Toby, Wimmer, Davies, Dier, Winks, Wanyama, Sissoko, Janssen, Son][/formation]
Keep a strong spine in the team and build around that. So, Toby, Dier and Wanyama should start.

You wank-pot, i wanted to do the match fred.
Gi me a chance to get back from the game will ya.

----------------------------------------------Vorm------------------------------------------------------------

----------Trippier-------CarterVickers-------Wimmer----------Davies---------------------------

----------------------------------Dier(c)------------Winks---------------------------------------------

-------------------------Sissoko------------?------------------Son----------------------------------

------------------------------------------Janssen-----------------------------------------------------

2 - 0 ( Son & Janssen-pen)

Edit : did me line-up without looking at anyone elses.
I'm sorry don't shank me

So by looking at these line ups, we all want to throw away another greay chance to lift a trophy. Weve won so many trophys recently that it doesnt mattet now does it.? ...makes perfect sense...lets try and qualify for the cl, so we can get knocked out again and repeat the process. Makes total sense.:sonhmm:

So by looking at these line ups, we all want to throw away another greay chance to lift a trophy. Weve won so many trophys recently that it doesnt mattet now does it.? ...makes perfect sense...lets try and qualify for the cl, so we can get knocked out again and repeat the process. Makes total sense.:sonhmm:

Nobody's throwing anything away. Those side's should beat Villa, especially at the Lane.

Fuck off, David Duke.

Nobody's throwing anything away. Those side's should beat Villa, especially at the Lane.
Why should that side beat villa. ? Villa arnt exactly a division 2 side. You cant be arrogant enough to just think that because we are at home we can just field a second string team. A second string team that also has no understanding of how to play with each other aswell.
This will be a hard game, its live on bbc, we will have a full weeks rest after before wevplay west brom to go second in the pl, there is no need for a weak team in this. Get the game won, then make changes

images

The suggestion that with some squad rotation that don't know how to play together. These guys train together everyday. It's not like they are plucked off the street to play for us.

Happy to give squad members a run out against a Villa side who are probably well organised but lacking in any real quality. Just remember how great they were in their relegation season.

We need our players fresh, if we manage to progress then happy to see more senior members added. However they've just had a busy festive period which had 5 wins on the spin. Time to give some players a rest.

Why should that side beat villa. ? Villa arnt exactly a division 2 side. You cant be arrogant enough to just think that because we are at home we can just field a second string team. A second string team that also has no understanding of how to play with each other aswell.
This will be a hard game, its live on bbc, we will have a full weeks rest after before wevplay west brom to go second in the pl, there is no need for a weak team in this. Get the game won, then make changes

Well, they'll probably start with something like this: Bunn; Hutton, Chester, Baker, Amavi; Adomah, Jedinak, Gardner, Bacuna, McCormack, Kodjia. That side should be taken seriously, but in my opinion our second string is more than capable of beating that lot.

It's a squad game after all, isn't it. Changes need to be made at certain points (like you say as well) and I think this is the right moment for that.

Back
Top Bottom