The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Plastic chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would like to see Trips fit.

Without Cahill on the pitch Chelsea's looked completely incapable of defending set pieces or crosses into the box.

Some decent delivery and we can have a field day.

Poch to troll the world and blow Don Giovanni Don Giovanni 's mind by starting Son at LB and Sissoko at RB.

As much as I never want to see Son at LWB again, I'd definitely like to see him start this game up front as he can unlock tricky defences in the final third way better than anyone else. Ironically, on the other side, Sissoko at RWB is his best position as he is only good at making counter-attacking runs into space and can't do the other side of the game as well.

Ideally hoping for Trippier and a 4 at the back so that the front 4 can start. The space between KWP and the centre backs will be exposed by a better team. The right will also be light if Dier starts there with Eriksen ahead of him. For that reason, if Trippier is still unavailable, we have to go to a 3, and have a feeling Son will miss out again if this happens which would be unfortunate.

If we do prioritise the defence and start humbly, I can see us nicking it late after more attacking substitutions in the second-half. 2-0.

As much as I never want to see Son at LWB again, I'd definitely like to see him start this game up front as he can unlock tricky defences in the final third way better than anyone else. Ironically, on the other side, Sissoko at RWB is his best position as he is only good at making counter-attacking runs into space and can't do the other side of the game as well.

Ideally hoping for Trippier and a 4 at the back so that the front 4 can start. The space between KWP and the centre backs will be exposed by a better team. The right will also be light if Dier starts there with Eriksen ahead of him. For that reason, if Trippier is still unavailable, we have to go to a 3, and have a feeling Son will miss out again if this happens which would be unfortunate.

If we do prioritise the defence and start humbly, I can see us nicking it late after more attacking substitutions in the second-half. 2-0.

Yeah, as much as i felt that KWP had a good game against Newcastle. He did seem to get caught out of position a good few times. I appreciate he is expected to play high up the pitch, and we have the ability to cover. But starting with a back four over a three i would have liked him to have been a little bit more conservative.

NO- but as an Idiom, yes ?
an analogy is a comparison between things that are the same
Sissoko as a footballer is more sows ear than silk purse
As much as I would love to see the guy step up and play a vital part in the clubs future, I honestly believe that he will never manage to do so, and that he is not up to the standard of the team.
Poch is good, but he won't make a silk purse out of him.
IMHO

You can 3 to 1 on Chelsea.....some might say thats value

In all honesty 2 to 1 was value before the season started, given we are at Wembley, but they do look a lot more wounded now without Costa, Matic, Terry, Fabregas, and Cahill. Who knows what way that will motivate them though. They did fight back last week and Morata looks tidy but if they don't turn up they could easily be mid-table again and Conte gone by Christmas. You just never know with Chelsea. I wouldn't bet on them now but they are at too high a price. Or at least, our price is too low for an unknown "home" fixture.

"If [Spurs] don't win the title, it's not a tragedy," said Conte.

"If they don't arrive in the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out after the first game that they play in the Europa League, it's not a tragedy.

"Maybe for Chelsea, Woolwich, Manchester City, Manchester United and - I don't know - Liverpool, it is a tragedy. You must understand the status of the team.

"Every team has to understand what their ambitions are. If their ambitions are to fight for the title or win the Champions League, you must buy expensive players. Otherwise you continue to stay in your level. It's simple."

"My question is this: What are Tottenham's expectations?"

Lets just keep that little quote at the front of everyone's mind. Players and fans alike.

"Every team has to understand what their ambitions are. If their ambitions are to fight for the title or win the Champions League, you must buy expensive players. Otherwise you continue to stay in your level. It's simple."

Was he not watching 2 seasons ago!? Buying expensive players is sometimes a shortcut to trophies, but mostly a shortcut to the sack. And certainly a sign that the club has no faith in their manager's coaching or tactical ability. He'll be fired soon, and probably replaced by Simeone to continue the trend of vile managers at that evil club.

Back
Top Bottom