THE MIGHTY SPURS VS WBA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm nervous already lol =(

The universe tends to conspire to make me look like a dick, as if I don't have trouble doing it myself, so I'm half-expecting us to win the league at this point, just so I'm wrong. Which I'd be perfectly happy with, regardless of the massive amount of stick I'll get on here.

If Leicester lose before the final day, I think we'll win it. I just hope Chelsea aren't cunts that roll over and let them win. If Swansea manage to get a draw it would be incredible.

Suddenly our run-in looks easier than Leicester's! Only the blue scum away is a concern. Newcastle will have been relegated before the final game.
So WBA - we are due another 5-0! 1986 - goals from Mabutt, Falco (2), Galvin and Waddle.
It is unbelievable isn't it?
Man United and Stoke away were meant to be 2 big banana skins but turned into 6 points, 2 clean sheets and a +7 goal difference. None of this 1-0 on the break then 11 men behind the ball bollocks that Leicester are all about.

Just hope we don't get kicked all over like we did at their place. Especially that arse McClean, he won the Puliser Prize for savagery in that game.
Just keep a disciplined ruthless approach, like last night and do these bastards.

That McClean's a right dirty cunt, hopefully the ref this time is wise to it.

Im optimistic about us getting all 3 points against WBA , there is no reason not to. Even with the added pressure (which is good and keeps us focused) which will be placed on us, whatever the result is on Sunday? Playing catch up and playing the day after, is to me, a little unfair . However...
the confidence is good and spirits are high, everyone fit and Kanes and Alli scoring goals. we couldn't be in a better state of mind. Yes we need other results to happen for us thats how it is. COYS

Last edited:
Bit concerned we are up against it for the title race as effectively it could be in Chelsea's hands.

Will be a tough tough match when we play them at the bridge and no matter how crap they have been this season a derby is a derby! That last game of the season is a banker 3 points for Leicester so effectively they are still 8 points ahead. NO bloody chance Chelsea are going to help us win the title.

Anyone else agree?

I dunno, I think the team is run by the management and the players rather than the fans. It could also mean the difference of a couple of places in the league, which is important on the money side. Of course Chelsea fans would love to roll over and lose to deny us the title, but loads of those players will be looking to get in a good performance pre-Euros/transfer window.

Chelsea have been so bad this season that Leicester could easily beat them, though.

Ok, i am tired of waiting 10 years between games, so time for a little data mining on 'west brom',

- West Brom play woolwich tomorrow who just drew 1-1 to palace, So hopefully they will soften them up for us.
- Last time we played them, we drew away 1-1,with Mclean and Ali scoring.
- West Brom won once away in 2016 and it was to everton. I would know because i bet on Everton who had 70% possession, 20+ goal attempts.But i can't see us doing that with a week's preparation and no ropey games between.
- Rondon is their top scorer with 7 goals.
- Yacob is their best defensive player
- The game spells the return of fan favourite 'Sandro' but he doesn't even seem to start their games.
- Berahinho missed two penalties in his last game, this is the guy they wanted £25m for .
- Pulis will play negative, expect 10 behind the ball and someone hoofing the ball upfront.

Expected Line up:
------------------Berahinho--Rondon----------
---McClean----Yacob-Fletcher---Sessgnon
Chester---Evans---McAuley-------Dawson
-------------------Foster-----------------------

Last edited:
I think on Monday it was said that it was only 6/7th time we had played that line up which was of course our strongest. Partly because of Vertonghen's injury, rotation and early season finding our strongest team. However in the reverse fixture in December we did play this 11. Plenty of possession but only 3 shots on target. We have come a long way since then and I expect WBA to park the bus and play for a 0-0 draw.

If we play like we did last night, we'll win
latest

:dierpochhug:

Again, the fans I feel will play their part Monday night. WHL is going to be loud and proud.
As always, discipline and patience the key. Let Dembele/Eriksen/Lamela provide for Harry and Dele to do their thing and we'll be 3 pts better off, as long as we don't see Poch on his knees punching the turf again.

Ok, i am tired of waiting 10 years between games, so time for a little data mining on 'west brom',

- West Brom play woolwich tomorrow who just drew 1-1 to palace, So hopefully they will soften them up for us.
- Last time we played them, we drew away 1-1,with Mclean and Ali scoring.
- West Brom won once away in 2016 and it was to everton. I would know because i bet on Everton who had 70% possession, 20+ goal attempts.But i can't see us doing that with a week's preparation and no ropey games between.
- Rondon is their top scorer with 7 goals.
- Yacob is their best defensive player
- The game spells the return of fan favourite 'Sandro' but he doesn't even seem to start their games.
- Berahinho missed two penalties in his last game, this is the guy they wanted £25m for .
- Pulis will play negative, expect 10 behind the ball and someone hoofing the ball upfront.

Expected Line up:
------------------Berahinho--Rondon----------
---McClean----Yacob-Fletcher---Sessgnon
Chester---Evans---McAuley-------Dawson
-------------------Foster-----------------------
Blimey two goal keepers, that would becseen as parking the bus?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom