The Mighty Spurs vs Karren Brady's Bunch (of twats) (AWAY) 19:45 - 02/03/16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looked awful on telly.

Good game to go to. Last Spurs game at the Boleyn. In a way because of the results I'm happy those twats got their dream. But only if they beat the scum as well.

Yeah it was terrible. Looked like turf layed on sand. Doesn't excuse Lamelas unbelievably bad first touch though. Poor lad was possibly a bit too up for it last night.

Tactically he surprised us as well with 3 at the back

Was a back 5 for most of the 2nd half, Emenike did a good job for them up against our CB's running the channels.

Shame we didn't turn up properly but hopefully we've got our defeat and poor performance out of the way early.

Can see why a few are moaning about the ref, didn't help but not the reason we lost.

Away to the Brady bunch

Now the dust has settled on last night’s defeat the team just needs to move on from the missed opportunity to go top against a West ham team missing four key first team regulars including Reid and Valencia . As others such as Webo said last night Bilic got the tactics right for West Ham with a strong pressing game, and it was a night when Kane couldn’t finish his dinner.

From March 2nd to 10th there are three cup finals for the club. One has been lost in the first London derby of this week and care will needed against Woolwich on Saturday as their forwards do like to take a tumble around the penalty box ,and there can’t be much hope for such lenient refereeing as last night which somehow enabled the team to finish the match with 11 men. Wimmer is a very lucky boy ! Then a week today there is the small matter of the Borussia quarter final…

Was surprised to see a comment about “overzealous policing “last night. It was always on the cards after the stabbing of a fan by some scumbag in the November match at the Lane .The police did a good job of maintaining segregation after the match and respect to the brave souls who chanted “Yid army “once they were a foot away from the station entrance;” to dare is to do” indeed!

It has been a good season with a CL place virtually assured and a stadium upgrade to Milton Keynes still to come.

I think this is the last game Poch and the team underestimate the east end lot. We have learned plenty of what willingness to win a football game can do to an opposition. He will know to put out the most physical team against them from hereon now.
Let's bring on Woolwich.

I fail to understand why we underestimated them in the first place, every season they come at us all guns blazing like its the last game they'll ever play, like its the FA cup final when it actually meant something. And then they just drift back into obscurity like they always do. Do you think they'll play like that again this year? Next season they'll be fighting for their lives at the arse end of the league again.

Can't bring myself to look at anything football related yet, what a shit day. Come into the forum, see a gobby West Ham fan with the special characteristics required to spend his time on other teams' forums. Log off again
:eriksenserious:

We lost one point on a par performance
Leicester lost 2
Goons lost 3

It was frustrating to be playing them just before goons. If we'd had say Norwich at home next up, I'm sure we'd have started with Dele Alli and maybe Dembele too. That should have been good enough for a pt.

Check out Wet Spams home form, it's good. We knew they'd be up for, and when I saw we had a MF of CE, EL, NC, I thought it would be overrun.

Masses of points still to play for

Not sure why we're still talking about this game, but for the people above who think West Ham will be relegation zone next year you're either trying to somehow console yourself by slagging them off or a very poor judge of a team.

They're at about the same level we were at last year or the year before and stand a reasonable chance of following our example this season next year. A good side, with one real star player, with good unity and what seems a good manager. Will be looking at top 6 for the next few years I expect, and will be handing out defeats to the likes of the red scum, the blue scum, the manchester teams every now and then.

Which is exactly why people reacting so strongly to this defeat is over the top. I'm pretty sure they've beaten every top team this year (possibly excluding Leicester).

It's a narrow defeat, had Harry taken one of those two late chances we could probably have had a late chance of getting a winner, after which we'd all be auto-fellating about another come back, the stuff of champions etc.

Even though we played poorly we came into the game more as it went along and that shows the talk of 'getting tired at last' is wrong and we can all be optimistic for Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom