The Mighty Spurs vs Karren Brady's Bunch (of twats) (AWAY) 19:45 - 02/03/16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Right, here's my positive spin on it...

I know this is purely hypothetical, but bear with me... take the Man City and West Ham away gams, and swap the results... we win at Upton Park, but lose at the Etihad.
I for one wouldn't have been at all surprised had City beaten us, and that would in fact have put them 3 points closer to us... yet had we won last night, we'd still be on 54 points (and they'd be on 50 remember) but would everyone suddenly feel happier today just 'cos we beat West Ham instead?? Of course not. It makes a much bigger statement of intent (as it did at the time) by beating City, and effectively disrupting their push for the title.

Of those two specific games, if we had to win one and lose one of those aways... I'll take it the way round it happened.
It's much more satisfying to know we can beat Man City away... we already knew we could beat West Ham at theirs... so we'd have learned nothing new from it!

ONWAAAAAAAAAAAAARDS.....

Tactically he surprised us as well with 3 at the back

Was a back 5 for most of the 2nd half, Emenike did a good job for them up against our CB's running the channels.

Shame we didn't turn up properly but hopefully we've got our defeat and poor performance out of the way early.

Can see why a few are moaning about the ref, didn't help but not the reason we lost.

payet single handedly destroyed us in the first half. didn't get much of the ball in the 2nd and look how much they dropped off. west ham are shit apart from payet, can't wait until someone drops a big money offer and he fucks off. he needs to be challenging for the CL at his age, not being the talisman in a mid table club.

that was a poor performance from us but with everybody else around us dropping points, nothing has really changed in terms of the title race. woolwich have lost their best defender and keeper and we need to capitalise on this and put them away on saturday. the only danger is that they have lost 2 on the trot and will be doing everything they can to stop the rot.

p.s i made my friend play as west ham on fifa 16 so i could avenge our loss. how is payet rated 87?!?!

p.p.s i can't wait to watch the meltdown on Woolwich fan tv after work

Away to the Brady bunch

Now the dust has settled on last night’s defeat the team just needs to move on from the missed opportunity to go top against a West ham team missing four key first team regulars including Reid and Valencia . As others such as Webo said last night Bilic got the tactics right for West Ham with a strong pressing game, and it was a night when Kane couldn’t finish his dinner.

From March 2nd to 10th there are three cup finals for the club. One has been lost in the first London derby of this week and care will needed against Woolwich on Saturday as their forwards do like to take a tumble around the penalty box ,and there can’t be much hope for such lenient refereeing as last night which somehow enabled the team to finish the match with 11 men. Wimmer is a very lucky boy ! Then a week today there is the small matter of the Borussia quarter final…

Was surprised to see a comment about “overzealous policing “last night. It was always on the cards after the stabbing of a fan by some scumbag in the November match at the Lane .The police did a good job of maintaining segregation after the match and respect to the brave souls who chanted “Yid army “once they were a foot away from the station entrance;” to dare is to do” indeed!

It has been a good season with a CL place virtually assured and a stadium upgrade to Milton Keynes still to come.

Tactically he surprised us as well with 3 at the back
Irrelevant IMO. Because we conceded so early (errors on our part) they had something to defend and play for. His whole tactical ethos is to, wind up the players, stifle the opposition , break up the game, create chaos and mayhem. If thats tactical prowess , he's a good coach? WHU, I believe keep the pitch in poor standard to gain the advantage. it was chucking it down as well, the ball was skidding off the surface, not good for passing. 2nd half when we got on top they resorted to delaying , disrupting the flow etc..I think it was Collins, once he knew he was being substituted he sat on the ground and played injured? The test is would you have him at Spurs, I would not.

WHU, I believe keep the pitch in poor standard to gain the advantage. it was chucking it down as well, the ball was skidding off the surface, not good for passing. 2nd half when we got on top they resorted to delaying , disrupting the flow etc..I think it was Collins, once he knew he was being substituted he sat on the ground and played injured? The test is would you have him at Spurs, I would not.

Not sure we can use that as an excuse for defeat... or else how the hell did we win the League in 1951 playing 'Push & Run' or win the Double in '61?? Do you know what the state of the pitches were like back then?

Away to the Brady bunch

Now the dust has settled on last night’s defeat the team just needs to move on from the missed opportunity to go top against a West ham team missing four key first team regulars including Reid and Valencia . As others such as Webo said last night Bilic got the tactics right for West Ham with a strong pressing game, and it was a night when Kane couldn’t finish his dinner.

From March 2nd to 10th there are three cup finals for the club. One has been lost in the first London derby of this week and care will needed against Woolwich on Saturday as their forwards do like to take a tumble around the penalty box ,and there can’t be much hope for such lenient refereeing as last night which somehow enabled the team to finish the match with 11 men. Wimmer is a very lucky boy ! Then a week today there is the small matter of the Borussia quarter final…

Was surprised to see a comment about “overzealous policing “last night. It was always on the cards after the stabbing of a fan by some scumbag in the November match at the Lane .The police did a good job of maintaining segregation after the match and respect to the brave souls who chanted “Yid army “once they were a foot away from the station entrance;” to dare is to do” indeed!

It has been a good season with a CL place virtually assured and a stadium upgrade to Milton Keynes still to come.
:dembelefingers:

Irrelevant IMO. Because we conceded so early (errors on our part) they had something to defend and play for. His whole tactical ethos is to, wind up the players, stifle the opposition , break up the game, create chaos and mayhem. If thats tactical prowess , he's a good coach? WHU, I believe keep the pitch in poor standard to gain the advantage. it was chucking it down as well, the ball was skidding off the surface, not good for passing. 2nd half when we got on top they resorted to delaying , disrupting the flow etc..I think it was Collins, once he knew he was being substituted he sat on the ground and played injured? The test is would you have him at Spurs, I would not.
Blaming pitches is so 2015.

I think this is the last game Poch and the team underestimate the east end lot. We have learned plenty of what willingness to win a football game can do to an opposition. He will know to put out the most physical team against them from hereon now.
Let's bring on Woolwich.

I fail to understand why we underestimated them in the first place, every season they come at us all guns blazing like its the last game they'll ever play, like its the FA cup final when it actually meant something. And then they just drift back into obscurity like they always do. Do you think they'll play like that again this year? Next season they'll be fighting for their lives at the arse end of the league again.

Back
Top Bottom