The Mighty Spurs vs Everton, 12th May 15.00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Newcastle were relegated a few seasons back and nothing to play for. We lost and woolwich went above us. Last week Brighton had nothing to play for and could’ve beaten woolwich. Cant take anything for granted, plus Everton have been playing well recently.
Exactly!
I know we are all in a good mood,but let's leave the oneupmanship till later.

I actually like Everton fans which is strange as I have never met a scouser who supports Liverpool who I like! :pochfacepalm:
But every Everton fan I have met has been decent, seems strange being as they are all from Liverpool
Pain teaches humility and like us they've had lots of it, watching their local rivals succeed while theyve not been at that level. Very similar to us with Woolwich in the 90s and 00s. No plastic fans.

I always hope Everton do well and eventually eclipse Liverpool in the same way we have Woolwich.

Today of course, I hope we beat them and show no mercy but as a general principle I route for the genuine underdog.

Woolwich don't need to win 8-0....

If we're asleep/shite and take a shackles-off pasting; then it's game on for the scum (If Burnley aren't at it you could well imagine their flat-trackin' forwards having fun).

3 years ago virtually to the day, this very thing happened to us.....

COMPLACENCY IS NOT AN OPTION.

Much of our hand is dealt for us anyway thanks to the niggles we're still carrying, but go as strong as we can....

Won't be able to watch the game until the day after.... :(

Minus how many we lose by?

Everton have 8 clean sheets in their last 10 matches and in that run have beaten Woolwich, Chelsea and United by a combined score of 7-0. This will be a tough game and we need to be professional.

If we get the first goal I think the rest will take care of itself, but if we concede first we need to manage the situation properly. You just know that Woolwich are going to wallop Burnely so we can't afford a hiding. We want to close off the PL season in the top 4 so that we can just relax and play the CL final without pressure.
Their away form aint up to much.

Last 4:

Palace 0-0
Fulham lost 0-2
Spam won 2-0
Newcastle lost 2-3

If were playing Llorente up top, are we going long ball again? Whats their central defenders like?

Surely Everton will go easy on us considering our players need to be fit for Liverpool in 3 weeks time
Or they might think smashing us so we finish fifth will mean we're more motivated to beat their rivals in the CL final so we qualify next year!
:pochshock:
Personally I wouldn't credit footballers with thinking that far ahead...
Let alone taking the mental effort needed to work out such permutations!

I’ve watched the highlights so many times now, I’ve permanently got Ajax songs going round in my head!!! I can’t even remember what a Spurs song sounds like!!!

Try watching it again with the Rocky Fight montage music over the top...

...seems to work quite well!

For fans of a certain age....

There is simply not a big enough LIKE button for this....
Is LOVE too strong a word?

Back
Top Bottom