The Mighty Spurs vs Everton, 12th May 15.00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Newcastle were relegated a few seasons back and nothing to play for. We lost and woolwich went above us. Last week Brighton had nothing to play for and could’ve beaten woolwich. Cant take anything for granted, plus Everton have been playing well recently.

Exactly.... Some peeps never learn....

"Ah, but that was the OLD Spurs"

....No, that's simply football.

Woolwich don't need to win 8-0....

If we're asleep/shite and take a shackles-off pasting; then it's game on for the scum (If Burnley aren't at it you could well imagine their flat-trackin' forwards having fun).

3 years ago virtually to the day, this very thing happened to us.....

COMPLACENCY IS NOT AN OPTION.

Much of our hand is dealt for us anyway thanks to the niggles we're still carrying, but go as strong as we can....

Won't be able to watch the game until the day after.... :(

Didn’t we end up a point behind Woolwich 3 years ago ? Goal difference was irrelevant

[FORMATION=4231,Lloris, Aurier, Dier, Alderweireld, Davies, Skipp, Sissoko, Lamela, Dele, Lucas, Llorente][/FORMATION]

Gazzaniga, Trippier, Walker-Peters, Rose, Marsh, Eriksen, Janssen

I don't think Wanyama will be 100% fit looking at him in the aftermath of the game during the week, and if he isn't I think we may as well put a kid on the bench if he won't be able to play. Personally I would also take Trippier off the bench for another U23 player seeing we have KWP there too but doubt Poch will. I also think it is more likely we will see either Rose in midfield in place of Skipp or Davies at CB, Rose at LB and Dier in the middle. I love Rose but think he could use a break after the week and I don't think he is any good in central midfield - also I just want to see Skipp get a run out. Also is Parrott fit? I would love to see him get a place on the bench and some minutes.

Mr Pochettino - What a beautifully honest, sincere, genuine and intelligent gentleman. His response to the question at 9:30 is priceless - he's clearly still on an emotional rollercoaster - and a bit knackered too. To infinity & beyond again!!!

Everton have 8 clean sheets in their last 10 matches and in that run have beaten Woolwich, Chelsea and United by a combined score of 7-0. This will be a tough game and we need to be professional.

If we get the first goal I think the rest will take care of itself, but if we concede first we need to manage the situation properly. You just know that Woolwich are going to wallop Burnely so we can't afford a hiding. We want to close off the PL season in the top 4 so that we can just relax and play the CL final without pressure.

While the pressure is somewhat off today, we cannot take liberties with a very much inform, Everton. We will need a strong performance from our players today.

Personally I'd start with two off my favourites, Peroni and Amstel up front, and bring Gordon on , late on. I do fear that we may run out of stamina, though, leading to a late collapse.

I have seen this happen at far to many last games. So be warned.

Totally fucked my own day up.

Planned a friendly this morning not realising it’s a 3pm kick off.
Just working out driving times, trains etc I’m cutting this very fine.
Now going to be running against the clock all day, probably get there much later than I hoped and need to curtail any pre and post match beer time.

Probably my sub conscious protecting my internal organs.

Back
Top Bottom