The mighty Spurs v West Ham. 12.30 K.O - 27th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OK, so I have a completely different match experience to you all I imagine...

My best mate of 35 years standing is an old school football Hammer (without the anti semitism and racism nonsence). He was coming up my way for a walk in the hills. We made it coincide with us two watching the game, our wives taking a longer stroll. So we had beers and fun and watched the game, and took the piss and so forth, but all good.

So here's my (our) take...

We were loads better than them the first half, but they defended really well. We can't finish at the minute. Sonny's had three bad games in a row. My mate liked Moura a lot. We both agreed, we won the first half on points.,

Second half, they outplayed us, in defence, midfield and attack. We particularly lost the game in midfield, against Mark fucking Noble, who had a great game. Their counter attacks, with Antonio and the rest were always dangerous, I had to congratulate my mate on the victory and how they'd played. On balance, they deserved it. The ref had a great game we both thought, reffed it like a cup final in my mate's words.

We were pretty lagging by the end, then we had a nice lunch, more wine, lots of laughs, a briliant day with old friends. My mate only mentioned the war twice, in passing, he got away with it. If we thrash Ajax I wont give a shit about today. As it is, Im pretty Zen.

I fully understand other perspectives are availabe.

In short, YIDS
You seem to have a very healthy perspective on the important things in life. So WTF are you doing here?

I didn’t enjoy the game today either, when the atmosphere is shite and fuckers are leaving on 80 minutes at 1-0 down you start to question what direction live football is going

The direction of football is;
People aren’t happy with Transfer Windows unless you buy someone. On deadline day that could be Charlie Adam, and people will celebrate.

Then it’s fans talking net spend as a key factor in success. Regardless of the quality of any players purchased. If you sold deadwood for the same amount, and broke even, suddenly your new signings are shit.

Someone said so on Twitter you see and there was a graph and everything. So little spotty thick cunts who get D in basic maths now think they know more about economics than the people who own ENIC.

Talking of graphs....who needs to stay past 80 minutes when you go home a study heat maps to see how well the team did. Stats mate, it’s the future.
If a player is poor right now, compile stats from when he was good to prove he’s not poor now.

Fans used to celebrate lunging tackles.....now they laud running off the ball which they didn’t even see, but read on a pie chart.

Talking of pies, sit down and stuff one in your mouth while filming yourself and your fake reactions to goals.

Fuck football right now

Did anyone get caught up in the trouble after the game?

I was very much 'wrong place at the wrong time' and got pinned in my the police for 20 minutes with about 40 other spurs fans.

It was all very embarrassing. Especially when some old fat white bloke standing next to me decided to racially abuse one of the police officers.

We’re in a European cup semi final, whatever happens they’ll never have that feeling. They won their cup, let them enjoy it, we’ve got a chance to parade the absolute pinnacle of European football around Tottenham in 3 games time. Yeah I’m probably jinxing it by saying all this but fuck it, they know their place, and it’s behind us by a mile, on and off the field. Sleep tight yidos
Thank you. Nice try, but this morning it still hurts.

Did anyone get caught up in the trouble after the game?

I was very much 'wrong place at the wrong time' and got pinned in my the police for 20 minutes with about 40 other spurs fans.

It was all very embarrassing. Especially when some old fat white bloke standing next to me decided to racially abuse one of the police officers.
No. But initially, when you mentioned 'the trouble' I thought you were talking about my daughter (or 'pet pit bull' as I call her).
We were all waiting quietly in 2 separated lines outside Northumberland Park station (one northbound, one southbound), when the police, in their infinite wisdom, ushered a large gaggle of crowing West Ham fans through the gap between us lol.
The only 'trouble' came from my little pit bull, who couldn't resist having multiple goes at some poor Spurs fan standing in the queue next to us, who dared to open his mouth and flick a dog end hahahaha. Footie fans ain't what they used to be!

That was fucking shit.

I’m sorry, but anyone who thinks that game doesn’t mean anything needs their fucking head testing. We were second to every bloody ball. Three points dropped coz they wanted it more. Fair play to them, they deserved it. Llorente is proper shit

Oh, and a shout out to all those who were excited by Vincent Jannsen Goal Machine returning...

As I may have said before, he's fucking shit
And yet he still had our best chance of the game in the final seconds...
HAD that gone in, some would be lauding him as the answer we've had all along!!
As it was, he reverted to type... and reminded us just why he (and tp a lesser extent Llorente, bar the last few weeks) have been peripheral figures since they've been at the club.

Just looking at all the "West Ham haven't won away since the Titanic went down" stats, and it seems that we decided to pay homage to ALL our past 'Spursyness' in one single match...
West Ham/ and Upton Park (for me) represents the moment in 2005 when 'Spursy' was born... or should I say Shat and vomited all over the Upton Park pitch... for all the last minute dramatic winners we've had there (Stalyeru/Bale/Dier) they still continue to 'play the nemesis' card,to they ALWAYS seem to want it more (even when WE win!) and it's fucking annoying!

It feels like we put all our typical Spursy factors that don't explain why a team SO shit, can suddenly turn into Real Juve Barca in ONE game....
Maybe we needed to exorcise our past, by getting it ALL out of the way in 90minutes... we need to bury it now, and never mention it again!

To all those West Ham fans joyously celebrating inflicting our first defeat at the NEW stadium... may I point out that in fact INTER MILAN were the first team to beat Tottenham there!!

Do yer research, and know yer 'istory... Small time twats...

Yeah, how likely is that. Don't be such a dick, it fucked my whole day up, wasted opportunity to cement CL status next season

Usually it would muck mine up for hours as well but yesterday had an inevitability about it somehow.

It's a bigger problem if Woolwich and Chelsea win today.

I think we can get 3 points more and that will be enough if the above does not happen.

Usually it would muck mine up for hours as well but yesterday had an inevitability about it somehow.

It's a bigger problem if Woolwich and Chelsea win today.

I think we can get 3 points more and that will be enough if the above does not happen.
Yesterday was always going to happen with the opposition we faced we simply didn't respond to them second half as both management and player's allowed it to happen

Danny Rose was so frustrating yesterday - don't just stand next to Davies all game......offer an option wide and high up the pitch and when you do get the ball take on their fullback rather than pass back into midfield.

Danny Rose was so frustrating yesterday - don't just stand next to Davies all game......offer an option wide and high up the pitch and when you do get the ball take on their fullback rather than pass back into midfield.
He's hardly got any football IQ, it's all about working hard, a bit of pace and some skills for him.

He hardly got any football IQ, it's all about working hard and some skills for him.

Also shouldnt be playing in midfield because he's... not a midfielder. He was the best left back in the country at one point so play him there. Injuries or no injuries, i have never understood playing players out of position

Back
Top Bottom