The mighty Spurs v West Ham. 12.30 K.O - 27th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Your absolutism and happy clappy-ness in this situation is what grates, and you don't seem to be able to critique anything regarding why we might have made this push for CL qualification a tad more hard on ourselves than we could have done.

I'm the first to say that we've been dogged by more injuries this season than those around us, and I'm thrilled that we're about to see Spurs in a CL semi final. That doesn't stop me indulging in some justified concern over the next few matches considering that our form (CL-aside) is rather poor.

By the way - on the squad quality vs. league placement debate, I think your initial point isn't quite true anyway. When Leicester won the league, did they have a better squad than us? Did they fuck - they had an effective game plan and worked as a well-drilled machine that was more than the sum of their parts.

Likewise, we played better than Man City in both 15/16 and 16/17, finishing above them in the table, but we did not have a better squad (including depth) than they did. Management, game plans, injuries, luck - many other factors at play that decide where a team ends up ranking.

There are ways to evaluate a squad besides looking solely at league position. Case in point: if we do get top 4 then we'll have benefitted massively by Woolwich, Chelsea, and United collectively shitting the bed recently. For me, it doesn't paint a good picture if we compare our current squad with us a year ago.
It is amazing no one realised Leicester had the best squad in England the year they won the title. Who saw that coming!

The only good thing about today was reminding myself of the excellent quality and value to be had in Chick King - 2 huge chicken pieces and chips for £3.30 - and being greeted like a long-lost brother by the owner (who've I've not seen for over 2 years and only about 20 times in my life).
Everything else about the day has been very poor.

For all his technical ability, Alli seems to stroll up the pitch without any pace at all. Is he waiting for people to move into position?

Was thinking exact same. He’s got skill and a great football mind but he’s not all that fast. Hated to see him feel the contact and hit the pitch on the one call. (I won’t call it a dive) l love to see players fight through the knicks and try to create. (See Aguero)
God knows we could of used it today

People today leaving 10 minutes early when it’s 1-0 and on a weekend early kick off, I get some of us travel quite a way but come on , the atmosphere second half was crap, why not stay and try and get behind the team?

The atmosphere was shit in the second half.

We were well up for it at the start, but as it became more and more obvious the players weren’t responding , I think most gave up. I know I did.

Day to forget for me. I stayed at a friends in Shrewsbury last night and decided at 8am to get a ticket for the game. Three hour drive to cheshunt, then the train to the stadium where I arrived at 12.15, only to be told my ticket wasn’t on my card so had to sprint to the ticket office and get a paper version. Got in my seat a few seconds after kick off. Kind of went downhill from there. Still in a fucking awful mood now.

Gonna take me a while to forgive the players for this.

Like they need that fucking pot stirring on their behalf... :roll:

Except I'm not pushing that narrative; certainly not to the extreme you suggest.

I'm just tired of the opportunistic "we sold Dembele (ergo Levy is a cunt)" whining as soon as anything isn't tickety-boo.

Bottom line:

- Levy didn't sell him from underneath Poch.
- Dembele's fitness issues are anything but a myth

....so, collectively can we all move the fuck on?
Can you back up the claim he wasn't sold against Poch's wishes?

I'm not saying he was or wasn't, but what I am saying is that I highly doubt Poch would have agreed to it knowing no one was coming in to replace him.

What the fuck has that got to do with what I said? What is it with the 'we should all hate Daniel Levy' agenda? Sorry I just don't get it - perhaps it's me.
We shouldn't have been dragged into a situation where we're relying on other teams to do us favours when Levy has overseen 18 fucking months of zero fucking investment and failed to support our best manager in a generation.
Sorry, but I just get sick and tired of supporters clutching at straws and defending the obvious root cause of our collapse in form.

You are not a club supporter or a football fan, you sound like a glory hunter lost in space.

What are you feelings towards Huds, Fulham or Cardiff fans who travel all over the country?

Fuck off mate.

I’ve travelled all over with spurs, seen us get smashed by our hated rivals, went week in week out in the fabled 90s where it was supposedly so terrible.

If you actually read my post, I made the point that it’s actually been a lot worse at games -even in these recent years of relative highs - and therefore struggled to understand why I felt so low leaving today.

Try not to be such a sanctimonious forum policeman. I’ve been on TFC for probably 7 or 8 years and never understand how people can have cunt offs with other people on the fucking internet. So congrats, this is the first time I reckon I’ve actually had a cross word to say to another poster

Was thinking exact same. He’s got skill and a great football mind but he’s not all that fast. Hated to see him feel the contact and hit the pitch on the one call. (I won’t call it a dive) l love to see players fight through the knicks and try to create. (See Aguero)
God knows we could of used it today
I don't know how fast he is, but he seems to be deliberately slowing down with the ball even in space. Moura takes the ball and flies forward, as does Son. Dele does not seem confident going forward with the ball. He seems to be waiting for everyone to join him.

I don't know how fast he is, but he seems to be deliberately slowing down with the ball even in space. Moura takes the ball and flies forward, as does Son. Dele does not seem confident going forward with the ball. He seems to be waiting for everyone to join him.

He is much better suited further forward, we really need Winks and Sissoko back to give the side balance again.

Performance was shit. Atmosphere was shit. Stewards were shit. Beer was good. 2.5 hour drive there and back was shit. My son took a shit in his pants when I got home - pretty much summed the day up. :avbfacepalm:

But we’re still third, with two games to play so it’s still in our hands, and we’ve still got Tuesday night to look forward to.

Can you back up the claim he wasn't sold against Poch's wishes?

Equally, can you or those using it as a batton to condemn the club prove that he was?

(I'd have thought, given that this is the accusation, that that would be a fairer starting point in all this.....)

.....Why should I have the burden of evidence?

Some tin-hat bullshit doesn't dignify evidence.

No 'smoke without fire' they say? Fine, but I'm gonna wanna see some 'smoke' first.

Besides, we also seemed to be taking offers on Llorente in Jan.... That behind Poch's back also was it?

I'm not saying he was or wasn't, but what I am saying is that I highly doubt Poch would have agreed to it knowing no one was coming in to replace him.

If Poch, didn't think he'd get any valuable game-time out of him, why is that so unfathomable ?

Poch is evidently prudent and financially responsible, so again, why is it so outlandish that Poch & Levy could have been on the same page?

Meanwhile, the fake-news crew in our midst are actually prepared to attempt to re-write Dembele's fitness history to preserve this (bogus) 'right' to bitch.

So yeh..... BURDEN OF EVIDENCE.

Next up on TFC-News: Lamela's crack habbit.

Last edited:
Fuck off mate.

I’ve travelled all over with spurs, seen us get smashed by our hated rivals, went week in week out in the fabled 90s where it was supposedly so terrible.

If you actually read my post, I made the point that it’s actually been a lot worse at games -even in these recent years of relative highs - and therefore struggled to understand why I felt so low leaving today.

Try not to be such a sanctimonious forum policeman. I’ve been on TFC for probably 7 or 8 years and never understand how people can have cunt offs with other people on the fucking internet. So congrats, this is the first time I reckon I’ve actually had a cross word to say to another poster

I didn’t enjoy the game today either, when the atmosphere is shite and fuckers are leaving on 80 minutes at 1-0 down you start to question what direction live football is going

He is much better suited further forward, we really need Winks and Sissoko back to give the side balance again.

I want Dele the precocious auxillary striker back.... You know, the guy that was touted as a global superstar and boiled everyone's piss.

Back
Top Bottom