The mighty Spurs v West Ham. 12.30 K.O - 27th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Danny Rose was so frustrating yesterday - don't just stand next to Davies all game......offer an option wide and high up the pitch and when you do get the ball take on their fullback rather than pass back into midfield.

It's the problem with Rose.

So I take off my dislike of him as a bloke and just assess as a player.

He does so many things well but NOTHING excellently other than throwing himself into challenges.

If he were more composed in the final quarter of the pitch or passed the ball a tad quicker he would be an absolutely brilliant and near irreplaceable asset.

The same problem with so many of our players this season.

Saddo ^^^^^^^

Edit: The above comment was directed at the now-deleted West Ham fan's post, not at Blanchflower, for whom I have the greatest respect.

Last edited:
Has the manager a problem with Skipp?

At least he would have injected some life into a lifeless team with one eye on Tuesday.

Rose had a good game in midfield, Alderweireld at the back ... and that's about it.

A couple of surprises.

Is Dele still injured? I was surprised how one-paced he was, especially in that left sided midfield position. The opposition full back was leaving him trailing?

How no-paced Davies is. Left for dead by Antonio over the space of 20m.

Let's hope Winks and Sissoko are back for Tuesday and there's a little more life in the team.

Very disappointing, however forget it and move on.

Hi Spurs
I’m a West Ham fan and I just wanted to let you know that you have made my weekend.
I never thought I’d be alive to see us win a cup final.
You sit 3rd in the league, play in a wonderful new stadium and your entire match thread is a load of moaning old bollocks.
You used to be shit so should realise and embrace the position you’re in.
Blaming the pitch 😆
And you wonder why so many teams hate you lot.
Delusions of grandeur.
You need reinforcements this summer but they will only be bought once you sell Kane and Ali.
Ali is worth about 50p based on his efforts yesterday.

Anyhoo, I’m off now to bask in the glory of the win.
I hope you get bum fucked again on Tuesday night.

⚒⚒⚒⚒⚒⚒⚒⚒⚒

Is it horseradish or mustard with baked hedgehog?

It's the problem with Rose.

So I take off my dislike of him as a bloke and just assess as a player.

He does so many things well but NOTHING excellently other than throwing himself into challenges.

If he were more composed in the final quarter of the pitch or passed the ball a tad quicker he would be an absolutely brilliant and near irreplaceable asset.

The same problem with so many of our players this season.

I thought him and Alderweireld were our best players yesterday (admittedly not really much to choose from)

At least he shows a bit of aggression and will - sorely lacking from pretty much everyone else yesterday.

He was in midfield yesterday. I don't mind challenges (reckless or otherwise) 40+ m from our goal. What get's up my nose is stupid challenges on the edge of the area. Immediately we're under pressure.

It’s not personel

I’d rather feel hate after days like yesterday than apathy. Football means nothing if you don’t mind losing in that way.

Totally fucked up my weekend

Wins for Leicester and Yanited will help but I still have an appointment with the hygienist tomorrow!!
Gulp!

I thought him and Alderweireld were our best players yesterday (admittedly not really much to choose from)

At least he shows a bit of aggression and will - sorely lacking from pretty much everyone else yesterday.

He was in midfield yesterday. I don't mind challenges (reckless or otherwise) 40+ m from our goal. What get's up my nose is stupid challenges on the edge of the area. Immediately we're under pressure.

Hugo was our best player imo

And yet he still had our best chance of the game in the final seconds...
HAD that gone in, some would be lauding him as the answer we've had all along!!
As it was, he reverted to type... and reminded us just why he (and tp a lesser extent Llorente, bar the last few weeks) have been peripheral figures since they've been at the club.

He’s a willing donkey

To be honest, I’m not keen on hedgehog. The spikes play murder with the throat. And there isn’t many roaming around our campsite.
I much prefer a bit of roadkill.
Minted Fox 🦊 is nice.
Badger 🦡 with cranberry sauce not too bad.

What do you stuff into the gelfilte?

I would have imagined that the hedgehog wouldn’t have touched the sides of your throat with the amount of dick you probably take down it

Now fuck off back to your rented stadium with carpets while we prepare for our CL semi

Don’t worry you classless cunts will NEVER get a sniff of it

Yesterday was your ultimate achievement unless you count laying driveways or carving pegs

Hi Spurs
I’m a West Ham fan and I just wanted to let you know that you have made my weekend.
I never thought I’d be alive to see us win a cup final.
You sit 3rd in the league, play in a wonderful new stadium and your entire match thread is a load of moaning old bollocks.
You used to be shit so should realise and embrace the position you’re in.
Blaming the pitch 😆
And you wonder why so many teams hate you lot.
Delusions of grandeur.
You need reinforcements this summer but they will only be bought once you sell Kane and Ali.
Ali is worth about 50p based on his efforts yesterday.

Anyhoo, I’m off now to bask in the glory of the win.
I hope you get bum fucked again on Tuesday night.

⚒⚒⚒⚒⚒⚒⚒⚒⚒
I've just had the dildo bros email me, the bus is booked, primed and ready to go, I don't have a Purple one because there is literally no demand for it (I got a business to run) so they have asked me to cover it in offcuts of a purple carpet. They have told me to keep it schtum but seeing as you are so ecstatic at achieving half of your perennial ambitions of the club, sorry you didn't get to do "the double", that your owners want to go the whole hog if you break into the top ten this season and go for a double decker if you do. They told me they don't have enough carpet for this but it would be OK just to do the top half as he expects the streets to be thronging with revellers that no one would notice the bottom half. If you also manage to get a positive goal difference for the first time in years they are going to do TWO laps of Stratford instead of the one.

Enjoy the day, you've earnt your day in the sun mate. Hearty congratulations you can party through to next year, job done, season done. Happy days.

PS
I'm going to start working on the bus once we've played our Champions League semi-final, which of course you will be watching every minute of and dare I say entertaining the thought of but we've just beaten them, it should be us, it should be us playing there.

The direction of football is;
People aren’t happy with Transfer Windows unless you buy someone. On deadline day that could be Charlie Adam, and people will celebrate.

Then it’s fans talking net spend as a key factor in success. Regardless of the quality of any players purchased. If you sold deadwood for the same amount, and broke even, suddenly your new signings are shit.

Someone said so on Twitter you see and there was a graph and everything. So little spotty thick cunts who get D in basic maths now think they know more about economics than the people who own ENIC.

Talking of graphs....who needs to stay past 80 minutes when you go home a study heat maps to see how well the team did. Stats mate, it’s the future.
If a player is poor right now, compile stats from when he was good to prove he’s not poor now.

Fans used to celebrate lunging tackles.....now they laud running off the ball which they didn’t even see, but read on a pie chart.

Talking of pies, sit down and stuff one in your mouth while filming yourself and your fake reactions to goals.

Fuck football right now

But most of all fuck wankers on the internet that think bitching about fans that actually go to football but leave 10 minutes early is in some way more fucking righteous than actually going to football and leaving ten minutes early.

But most of all fuck wankers on the internet that think bitching about fans that actually go to football but leave 10 minutes early is in some way more fucking righteous than actually going to football and leaving ten minutes early.

Fans that go to games, moan about standing, don’t sing and leave early just because we are losing are shit fans.

I don’t care if they go or not. Better they fucked off to be honest.
It’s a false mantra that going makes you a good fan.

Fans that monkey chant also have season tickets. So what

Fans that go to games, moan about standing, don’t sing and leave early just because we are losing are shit fans.

It’s a false mantra that going makes you a good fan.

Fans that monkey chant also have season tickets. So what
You have a point but at least they move their bums and make the effort unlike arm chair supporters provided they can afford it financially and within reasonable distance.

Leaving early on a Saturday afternoon is not acceptable, end of.

Back
Top Bottom