"The Line"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never seen us have such a good goal difference, glad we've put the pressure on Woolwich anyway. How sweet it would be to nick 3rd off them on the last day of the season.

YidoBuckler said:
Never seen us have such a good goal difference, glad we've put the pressure on Woolwich anyway. How sweet it would be to nick 3rd off them on the last day of the season.

Very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very sweet!

I will hardly be able to contain the need to find one and go all waaaaaaaaaaaah! in their stupid mong face if we do....

"And relax!"

Reptile_16 said:
Reptile_16 said:
'kin hope we don't get done by Notlob though!

:modricwtf: :rafaaaa: :adegrin: :adegrin2:

...And we weren't!

theline02may.jpg

Importantly:
1) Three points from the last 2 games and the chav$ can't overtake us...
2) Another win, coupled with a Barcodes loss and we're all but there!

:ap:

So we win against Aston villa, and Chelsea can't catch us.

And if Man city beat Newcastle, And we win, they can't catch us..

And if Norwich or West brom beat / draw against Woolwich, and we win our last 2 games.. They can't catch us..

I'm feeling pretty fucking good right now!

Pyro_era said:

Yup.

Pyro_era said:

Sort of, the goal difference variation would be (at least 14), which would take two seven-plus-goal results to close...even then I think we'd be ahead on the head-to-head, so practically, yeah!

If Woolwich drop a single point against Norwich (well, I guess the minimum is two), I'm gunning for Spurs to get third… ON GOAL DIFFERENCE. Cheering on Sunday would be simple, simple bliss.

Reptile_16 said:
Pyro_era said:

Yup.

Pyro_era said:

Sort of, the goal difference variation would be (at least 14), which would take two seven-plus-goal results to close...even then I think we'd be ahead on the head-to-head, so practically, yeah!

Not even, it'd be at least a 16 goal difference. (14 as it stands, they would go down at least one, we would go up at least one)

YidoBuckler said:

I will turn into an utterly ruthless cunt for the whole summer

nothing would make me happier than to pip the scum for third on the last day.
i would then do the unthinkable and cheer on chelski to win the champions league final!!!!
can you imagine rubbing that into any gooners face!!!

the flip side to that coin though is it could end up happening to us

Chelsea winning the CL would probably result in me having to leave the country (slight exaggeration), please don't let this happen!

Anyone who says they want Chelsea to win the Champions League simply isn't thinking straight.

There are three scenarios that are a lot better:

1 - We pip Woolwich to 3rd, Woolwich finish 4th and lose in the qualifying round.

2 - We finish 3rd, with Newcastle finishing 4th (ideal scenario)

3 - We finish 4th. Woolwich finishing above us is easier to take than Chelsea winning the Champions League.

Whilst I honestly can't see ArseAnal losing either of their last two games (you just KNOW the Norwich that turn up on Saturday will be the one that got spanked by City, rather than the "...best performance since I've been at the Club" version!)

Having said that, hopefully West Brom will look to send Roy off with a flourish (you'd like to think, don't you?) and the way the points are balanced, at this stage, a draw could be as damaging as a defeat for ArseAnal (as long as WE do our bit and win, or else this is all sheer fanciful whimsy!)

It's not unfeasible that Newcastle will fancy their chances at home against Man City (and thus playing into Sky's hands by taking the title to the VERY LAST SUPER SUNDAY!!)
Though if it looks as if 3rd is out of our hands by the final day, I'd rather not be looking over our shoulders at 5th, and just settle for what we have in 4th... then we can all turn into Germans for the day for the CL Final!!!

EssexYid said:
Anyone who says they want Chelsea to win the Champions League simply isn't thinking straight.

Yup. This. The chav$ winning anything just keeps Abramovich around to plough more wonga into that piece of sh!t club. Plus, they win the CL and we will be treated to the completely abhorrent sight of that smug cunt Terry lifting the trophy. Not something I want to see...

Can't see the gooners losing either of their games, but could draw one..... We do our bit, happy days.

Even more poetic would be a case of the lasagne-squits down woolwich on the last day.

Groundhog Day

theline06may.jpg

Should have been a much better day 'the Line'-wise...but here's the "pre-FA Cup re-run update" update in any event. So here we are again, we win next week and we ARE 4th. Seemple as.

So 'The Line' is just about to move up a notch.

Chelsea can't catch us, and we can't finish lower than 5th...

a 3rd-5th place finish ain't TOO shabby... here's hoping it's the former, though I suspect it'll be 4th and we all turn German for the night in Munich!

Back
Top Bottom