"The Line"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Randomitable

Formerly Reptile_16
Breaking my 'new post' duck, I have high hopes for this...

For no reason I can rationally explain, a week or so ago I wondered whether we were mathematically safe and to my surprise, the answer was a resounding yes:

35m1u95.jpg

Just after Swansea it looked like this:

2u6z394.jpg

Today, "the line" lurched to here:

343orpx.jpg

Interestingly, with a win today we would also have eclipsed Fulham, Sunderland and (to all intents and purposes) Liverpool. Slowly-slowly catchy-monkey though. Smash Norwich on Monday and we'll see what happens then...

Looks too high to me.

Does it take into account the bottom half dozen having to play each other, so being unable to all get max points?

AberdeenYid said:
Looks too high to me.

Mathematically it's exactly where it should be. Norwich, max available points 18, added to current tally (40), cannot overtake Spurs on 59. Fulham however, can reach 60.

AberdeenYid said:
Does it take into account the bottom half dozen having to play each other, so being unable to all get max points?

Nope, just answers the question "what would happen if everybody [admittedly unfeasibly] won all their remaining games and Spurs [though I don't want them to and feel it is unlikely] lost all theirs?".

Abbey Yid said:
If we end this season in 10th i'll give blowjobs to everyone on the forum.

EDIT: barring any point deductions.

Knowing your reputation for jinxing you'd be better keeping your mouth shut...or you may end up having to keep it open for a while...

Abbey Yid said:
If we end this season in 10th i'll give blowjobs to everyone on the forum.

EDIT: barring any point deductions.

Maybe if you made that offer to the players, they'd be motivated to ensure we stay as far away from 10th as possible :gomes:

theline09apr.jpg

Today's 'Line' could have ended a total train-wreck. Stupidly, if we'd done the simple thing and actually been arsed to beat Norwich, the red line would have hovered above Everton - not to mention there would be daylight between us and the Barcodes.

:harryfacepalm:

I hummed and harred about waiting for the bindippers to continue their stinking form play tomorrow, but decided to cut my losses and go for it today. The green line of course represents (as previously posted) that our title tilt is now mathematically, as well as practically, over.

:saha:

"The Line"

Chelsea not taking all points was a plus and we are lucky we racked up a few goals - especially 5 against Newcastle

So basically it's likely that we get forth if we can stop either side overtaking us on points, due to the GD.

Well, that'll teach the gooners won't it.

egg_on_the_face.jpg

Back
Top Bottom