The Line

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Incidentally we now need, from our last four:

One win to guarantee 4th*
One win and two draws to guarantee 3rd
Two wins and two draws to guarantee 2nd

*this one assumes Man Utd don't turn around a 29+ GD deficit

Rooney and Martial to combine and score 30 goals in 4 matches! :pocheyes:

Having just watched Utd luck their way into the FA Cup final, makes me wonder what would have happened if hadn't been knocked out by Palace grrrr!

5tQ14sB.jpg

Three points guarantees 4th, five guarantees 2nd. Boom!

The line is now essentially below 4th. We are +39. United +12. Takes a 9 goal swing per match and 3 wins for United to knock us out of 4th now :allitongue: That's a nice positive from a gloomy week. Beat the Chavs and we confirm top 3 :) :dembelefingers:

The line is now essentially below 4th. We are +39. United +12. Takes a 9 goal swing per match and 3 wins for United to knock us out of 4th now :allitongue: That's a nice positive from a gloomy week. Beat the Chavs and we confirm top 3 :) :dembelefingers:

Honestly thought CL was a pipe dream at the start of this season. Last time we were in it was one of the best seasons I've had at the lane, can't fooking wait!

Honestly thought CL was a pipe dream at the start of this season. Last time we were in it was one of the best seasons I've had at the lane, can't fooking wait!
Totally agree with that. Gonna be a blast

( unless City drop out of top 4 and Liverpool win the Europa & we go into melt down :pochwtf:)

( unless City drop out of top 4 and Liverpool win the Europa & we go into melt down :pochwtf:)

OMG don't even whisper that thing! Keep the faith! The sooner that is mathematically impossible the better. Could be tomorrow! Even if we draw it could be settled by Weds or Thursday.
[Edit] Just read in the other thread this is now mathematically impossible

RIP #Spursy:walker-scream:

Last edited:
Totally agree with that. Gonna be a blast

I don't think that's an issue now. For us to finish 4th and City below, Man Utd need to overtake us, almost impossible due to GD.

If we finish fourth it could only be with City ahead of us, so them winning the CL would be irrelevant.

Man U have to score 28 goals and win every game in order to finish above us.

City need to win both of their remaining games to finish above us, with us only needing two points from three games to finish above them.

So unless we somehow manage to not win one of our remaining games, we don't really need to worry about fourth spot. Realistically we're pretty much already past the qualifiers.

The only real threat is the scum leapfrogging us into second, which we need 5 points to prevent, assuming the scum win both remaining games (they'll almost certainly get at least three points against Villa). So a win and two draws or two wins. I think if we can get at least a point tomorrow that threat will be reduced, but I'd really like three points just to re-establish the gap.

assuming the scum win both remaining games (they'll almost certainly get at least three points against Villa). So a win and two draws or two wins. I think if we can get at least a point tomorrow that threat will be reduced, but I'd really like three points just to re-establish the gap.

Didn't realise it was possible to get more than three points in a game....
:freund:

We need another 4 points to stay ahead of Woolwich with them winning the rest. Our GD is superior!
Win tomorrow and it's all down to agent Lennon next weekend.
:lennonlol:
Scrappy draw and we could take it to the last day, then who knows? I know that chelscum fans would like to gift the title to LCFC at our expense, but well you never know. I just can't believe it's May and we're still talking about the title. Fuck my old boots........
:pocheyes:

Back
Top Bottom